VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Who said Air wasnt Functional except for Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-07, 06:52 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my UAS bags. The ride is good. They go pretty low. They have been reliable thus far. And they handle fine for a Full size Sedan (Q45) haha
Old 11-16-07, 07:37 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to all the UAS owners how long have you had ur bags for and how often do you use them?
Old 11-19-07, 10:40 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine for almost a year and 25+ times a day ?
Old 11-19-07, 10:16 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

that is sick,,im getting UAS for surreeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-25-07, 11:21 PM
Balling
Pole Position

I actually have my bags on teh way, to mount on my CST Boyz suspension on my Y33, that has S13 front end suspension c onversion.

that was a mouthful, but yeah. ill throw up install info when i finish it
Old 12-05-07, 01:55 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant wait to see ...
Old 12-05-07, 03:22 AM
Balling
Pole Position

install info is on vipstylecars.com
since its not on a lexus

BUT i will say, it handles JUST as good if not slightly better than the coils....
i have the same coilover cores on the car, just UAS instead of springs
Old 12-05-07, 08:50 AM
biga27110
Rookie

i currelt have an ls430 with sport suspension and i want the best ride posible should i be going with air runners vs the UAS money being of no object?

I thought i read that air runner is what lexus uses stock or did i miss read that post

i want to avoid if possible big tanks and loud pumps. how does the stock ls with air suspension do it?
Old 12-05-07, 09:15 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by biga27110
i currelt have an ls430 with sport suspension and i want the best ride posible should i be going with air runners vs the UAS money being of no object?

I thought i read that air runner is what lexus uses stock or did i miss read that post

i want to avoid if possible big tanks and loud pumps. how does the stock ls with air suspension do it?
Air Runners have a softer ride than UAS.

Air Runners are made with Firestone bag and a specially made strut from KYB. I highly doubt Toyota uses the same parts.

Toyota uses a direct pump system, so it eliminates tanks. These are really quiet compressors, but they don't push out a lot of air. So it takes a lot longer to raise a car with the factory air suspension.
Old 12-05-07, 09:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Air Runners have a softer ride than UAS.

Air Runners are made with Firestone bag and a specially made strut from KYB. I highly doubt Toyota uses the same parts.

Toyota uses a direct pump system, so it eliminates tanks. These are really quiet compressors, but they don't push out a lot of air. So it takes a lot longer to raise a car with the factory air suspension.
no wonder why it takes so long to use the datasystem controller to raise / drop stock ls with air....

question for you then, poy. why uas doesn't have the option to use direct pump system then?
Old 12-05-07, 10:41 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by rominl
question for you then, poy. why uas doesn't have the option to use direct pump system then?
Because a direct pump system needs a processor unit to control the compressors, sensors and valves. Since aftermarket systems needs to be priced for the target market, the development of a processor would make the system out of reach by most buyers. There's also the added cost of running four compressors instead of one.
Old 12-05-07, 11:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oic, so i guess the direct pump system is a lot more expensive huh? but in terms of quality any advantage to either of the design? it starts to seem like the air suspension on the ls are pretty "expensive" to build huh

sigh, still finding solutions for the gs350!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-07, 12:40 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by rominl
oic, so i guess the direct pump system is a lot more expensive huh? but in terms of quality any advantage to either of the design? it starts to seem like the air suspension on the ls are pretty "expensive" to build huh

sigh, still finding solutions for the gs350!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, an OEM system is very expensive to recreate. Pressure and level sensors has to be monitored and adjusted at all time. The system also has to know the difference between speed and load, since the car picks up more weight (down force) as it speeds up. There's so much parameters involved with an OEM system, I don't even wanna try and make a system like that.
Old 12-05-07, 01:40 PM
biga27110
Rookie

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Yeah, an OEM system is very expensive to recreate. Pressure and level sensors has to be monitored and adjusted at all time. The system also has to know the difference between speed and load, since the car picks up more weight (down force) as it speeds up. There's so much parameters involved with an OEM system, I don't even wanna try and make a system like that.
thats exactly what i want, i want the direct system thats quiet and tankless. I dont mind that its slow. Is there any one available?

I have an 02 LS430 sport suspension, is the OEM air suspension swappable?
Old 12-05-07, 02:39 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by biga27110
thats exactly what i want, i want the direct system thats quiet and tankless. I dont mind that its slow. Is there any one available?

I have an 02 LS430 sport suspension, is the OEM air suspension swappable?
Unfortunately, there's no system out there that even comes close to OEM. The factory air suspension is swappable, but will be very expensive. Parts alone can run you more than just trading in your car for a UL model.

There are compressor out there that are relatively quiet, you can even build an insulated compartment for it to muffle the sound even more. You can also have a custom tank or tanks built to fit in different places. This all just takes time, money and effort. But sometimes it's not even worth it since, there's an OEM system available for the same car as you have.

Quick Reply: Who said Air wasnt Functional except for Drop?