VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Who said Air wasnt Functional except for Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 03:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
You can use our bags with any type of air management system that you like. In the past i have had a few customers that don't use the air tank due to mounting issues, and we have set it up to direct fill off the compressors and it took about 30 seconds to lift.

We don't carry any manual valves because they just are not as reliable as the electric ones that we carry. We give a 3 year/36k mile warranty with our kits (1 year on compressors) and we will not risk the warranty issues with a manual valve so we "over engineer" everything to last. Also there really isn't much cost savings (maybe about $100-$200 for the entire car).

We do carry all of dakota digital's product for a digital gauge or a full auto-leveling type digital control setup.
zack, can you tell me more about not having tank and directly compressor? having a tank in the trunk if what bugs me (don't want to lose any part of the trunk), and my ls460l has air suspension stock and it's very slow already anyway, so 30 secs is no problem for me. this is for gs350.

thanks
Old 01-07-08, 03:18 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

From what I understand, OEM Lexus air suspension uses a small compressor on each bag. I think the main problem would be developing a way to control all that and making sure it doesn't use too much power.
Old 01-07-08, 03:24 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
zack, can you tell me more about not having tank and directly compressor? having a tank in the trunk if what bugs me (don't want to lose any part of the trunk), and my ls460l has air suspension stock and it's very slow already anyway, so 30 secs is no problem for me. this is for gs350.

thanks
Without getting into too many details. Basically when you put your up switch it will open the valve for that corner and turn on the compressor to fill up the bag. When you do the "front" switch it will open up both front up valves and fill directly into the bags. When you press the down switch it will open the exaust valve and release the air.
Old 01-07-08, 03:26 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Originally Posted by chrispy
From what I understand, OEM Lexus air suspension uses a small compressor on each bag. I think the main problem would be developing a way to control all that and making sure it doesn't use too much power.
I am not personally familar with the lexus factory setup, but i am sure its close to the Lincoln. The way that system operates there is a valve at each corner that will open and the pump rumps and directly fills the bags. then when it drops the same valve at the bag opens and a relief valve at the compressor will open to release the air.
Old 01-07-08, 03:29 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

thanks
Here is a LS460 we did the air on for Lexus this past year's SEMA

Old 01-07-08, 04:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hi zack,

thanks for your response. yes, actually i talked to clark about the ls460. it has the tank in the trunk though. i am interested in doing a setup with no tank, if that's doable. and i wonder if it's going to be more or less expensive (since there will be no tank and piping, but there will be extra compressors, etc...)? and i guess most importantly whether it's doable on the gs350 with tein cs (or stock shocks)
Old 01-07-08, 04:57 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

hi zack,

thanks for your response. yes, actually i talked to clark about the ls460. it has the tank in the trunk though. i am interested in doing a setup with no tank, if that's doable. and i wonder if it's going to be more or less expensive (since there will be no tank and piping, but there will be extra compressors, etc...)? and i guess most importantly whether it's doable on the gs350 with tein cs (or stock shocks)
Yes you can do it with no tank. There will be some additional fittings/check valves and some wiring accessories to make it work properly. If you were to purchase the standard setup from us it will be about $75 less to go with no tank setup to do the direct fill system. (still double compressor)

It is very doable on both CS's and OEM shocks

Last edited by UniAirSusp; 01-07-08 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 03:20 PM
Balling
Pole Position

but really...why not get a 3gallon tank and put it under your car..or a pankake tank for the spar tire well

not having a tank is going t be a PITA
Old 01-08-08, 03:32 PM
Balling
Pole Position

oh yeah, excuse the janky appearance, im in hte middle of a reconstruction phase

all DOwn

ride height
and full up gives me anohter 2 iches or so

This is all on coiloevrs and UAS
Old 01-08-08, 04:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Balling
but really...why not get a 3gallon tank and put it under your car..or a pankake tank for the spar tire well

not having a tank is going t be a PITA
that's always an option. but given my ls460l taking mins to drop, i can wait

but i also understand the stress on compressors
Old 01-08-08, 05:12 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Not having a tank of air is one less fail safe on an air suspension system IMO. With a tank of air, I know that I can lift up my car in seconds and also use other means (to fill up the tank) if my compressor goes bad. Like Balling said, there's places to put small tanks, where it's invisible and out of the say.