VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09 | 08:43 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DvSiR
You said it man! I really wanted a Full Big Win for my car, even contemplated a Vertex kit because their office is close by, but everyone has a knock off vertex, and when I called to get a Big Win; the sellers seemed like they could have cared less btw, they said we have to order it, might take 12 weeks, didnt even have a real price for me and didnt know how much shipping was, which was getting passed along to me, meaning they want me to pay for the shipping from Japan! WTF is that? Whos getting these kits for 1600 shipped? As for me, Im getting the Shine kit, say what you want, the guys at Shine have outstanding customer service, get right to the point, they will even refund you your money back if your not satisfied. Not to mention they improved on the design so it fits even better. Good luck getting any help from overseas if your kit gets F'd up! I should be getting a paycheck from these guys! lol.
Shine's customer service is top notch and second to none. Ken, the owner, will go to extreme lengths to explain their manufacturing process and giving a tour of their facilities. Their in-house body man, Makito, is also very knowledgeable with their product and body work as well. Both of these guys have helped me out before my purchase and, more importantly, after the purchase as well.

I have done quite a bit of research and comparison and their products are good but not perfect but the original isn't perfect either. My replica has the same issues as the original but the savings, durability/flexibility, and great customer service made me more than satisfied with my purchase.
Old 10-25-09 | 10:27 AM
airmax
Pole Position

shine should design their own kits instead of biting off other companies and making money off of their design. plain and simple. until then they are still just thieves.
Old 10-26-09 | 08:24 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

I was reading a magazine and made an observation.
Why isn't the same said for wheels? BBS LM's have been knocked off by SSR, Work etc.. and we pay full pop for those. I don't know the originator of Work DH's but every company under the sun seems to have a version of those. There's alot of similar wheels (Waffes/D3S) that are ripped off by other companies. Please don't tell me because there's one less spoke or some other minor variation that it's not a knock-off. Just a thought.
Old 10-27-09 | 08:35 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Wheels are harder to regulate. If they use one more bolt in between spokes, run a thicker face, cover the lugs with a center cap, add a slight concave or convex action to the face, etc. its no longer a knockoff. Those minor changes that I mentioned, do effect the way the wheel looks so people will still buy what looks better.
Old 10-27-09 | 01:20 PM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Makes sense to me. But if Shine Auto adds a line etc.. to a body kit is it now legit?
Old 12-27-09 | 07:26 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Cant believe there are 12 pages on this topic. Just as a Customer If the original manufacture cant step it up and the knockoff is better fitting and more available more power to em. Thats just business if the Japanese Companies cared the would make an effort but obviously they dont. Look at GM they said for years F*** what the consumer wants were gonna do our own thing and look where that got them. If something can be had here and now for a lesser price and the same quality if not better than your stupid for not getting it, but to each his own right. Id say leave people alone no need to start a thread about it people will do and buy what they want just do what you beleive is right for yourself you dont gain anything by trying to persuade the opinions of other people unless these companies are cutting you a check but i highly doubt that since in seems like its a hassle for them when you want buy something
Old 12-28-09 | 05:55 PM
airmax
Pole Position

you missed the entire point of this thread.
Old 12-28-09 | 08:03 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLovesc
Id say leave people alone no need to start a thread about it people will do and buy what they want just do what you beleive is right for yourself you dont gain anything by trying to persuade the opinions of other people unless these companies are cutting you a check but i highly doubt that since in seems like its a hassle for them when you want buy something
can't believe there are no periods in this massive run-on sentence. if you can write a whole d**n paragraph with no puncuation you'd be stupid to use it.
Old 12-28-09 | 11:57 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Lol.............
Old 12-29-09 | 10:58 PM
platano47
Driver

hey hey hey!! lol my cousin bought a fake rolex for 35 dollars and it broke. he took it to a watch store and they were charging him 2500 to fix it...i dont know where im going with this, but anyway if the product is better then the original, then i guess the original company has to bow down and do the boogie.
Old 12-30-09 | 12:11 AM
stooky
Pole Position

i came from an s2k and shine auto worked for many people and i guess it grew on me too just me 2cent (:
Old 01-10-10 | 05:13 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

^^^ I too have no complaints with Shine Auto.... I am a satisfied customer.
Old 09-21-10 | 07:13 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Perfect fit?? Bull****.

My JZS160 spoiler fit like absolute ****. My body shop had to build up sections of it to have it fit perfectly. Also, air bubbles came up when they were sanding it down.

I don't know whether you guys are settling for less, or if I just got a oddball part.

I was ready to bring in a few kits for customers at my shop, just because of their good reputation and the reviews I read on here. But instinct kicked in and I thought I 'd better try out their product myself.

I'm glad I did.

Will never buy from Shine again.

NO KNOCKOFFS
Old 09-21-10 | 07:30 PM
DvSiR
Lead Lap

Did you ever bother trying to get a hold of them and let them know? Im sure Ken or Makito would have fixed the problem. Their customer service is excellent.
Old 09-21-10 | 07:34 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

You know what. As stupid as it sounds, I never thought of that.

I figured that they would just tell me to **** off because i'm complaining about a cheap spoiler.

I will call them tomorrow.

If they right the situation, I will post pictures of me putting my foot in my mouth...for real

Quick Reply: Watch-out for Shine Auto Project