VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 12:20 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

company A: likes a product, slaps their name on it, and calls it their own

company b: likes a product, improves quality, admits its a better fitting REPLICA

its ok for Junction Produce to slap their name all over oil (10w-40) and call it VIP oil, but its not ok for another company to improve the fit and finish of another product (which by the way they admit is a REPLICA)....BRAND NAME does not = great quality....cmon people, its a body kit thats all....and if you tell me JP did R&D on VIP oil, i will slap you.....
Old 09-23-10, 12:35 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've skimmed through this thread and all I can say is "If you like it, I love it".

I stated this over and over in the replica JP roof spoiler thread, we who have paid top dollar for original kits and spoilers have been burn as well. I expected a quality fit when I went with the RMM kit and guess what...It fit like trash (polyurethane mind you). I Just bought from a so call quality company call Stance and guess what I got burnt in the process. Read my thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...p-springs.html

I'm saying all that to say there is nothing new under the sun, people take ideas, some tweak them and make them better, others just put out crap or live off their old reputation. I have no loyalty to companies which make horrible fitting stuff

I just cannot take the pompous holier than though attitude, Live and Let live. If you got it, great, If you don’t, do what makes you happy. Software companies bite each other, washing machines copy, the list goes on and on.

For the companies, put out a quality product at a competitive price and treat your customers with respect and you may have some longevity.
What JP does is appeasing to market’s ego, and it works. Status sells (Gucci, Prada, Lui). As long as companies keep peeing in your mouth telling you its apple juice and you go for it then it’s all good, but to me, it will always be ****, Not Motts LOL. I could care less if I bought a kit for $5000 and the dude down the street bought his for $1500, I’m not so invested. The Greater Depression will sort all of this pettiness out.

Salute Fellas
Old 09-23-10, 12:35 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rpx13
company A: likes a product, slaps their name on it, and calls it their own

company b: likes a product, improves quality, admits its a better fitting REPLICA

its ok for Junction Produce to slap their name all over oil (10w-40) and call it VIP oil, but its not ok for another company to improve the fit and finish of another product (which by the way they admit is a REPLICA)....BRAND NAME does not = great quality....cmon people, its a body kit thats all....and if you tell me JP did R&D on VIP oil, i will slap you.....
haha, now the debate comes to a question of permissions. I am sure JP had permission from the oil company to slap their logo on their oil, but......did Shine Auto have permission from...say...Auto Couture to copy their bodykit?

This argument comes back up like every other month it seems. No matter which side you take, at the end of the day, I doubt you'll be swayed to the other side of thinking. Regardless of how convincing one's argument may be. So, just buy whatever you think will make you happiest, whether you're happy that you just got some authentic stuff, or you're happy you saved money and got knockoff parts that gives you the look that you want.
Old 09-23-10, 12:43 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by romeo291
haha, now the debate comes to a question of permissions. I am sure JP had permission from the oil company to slap their logo on their oil, but......did Shine Auto have permission from...say...Auto Couture to copy their bodykit?

This argument comes back up like every other month it seems. No matter which side you take, at the end of the day, I doubt you'll be swayed to the other side of thinking. Regardless of how convincing one's argument may be. So, just buy whatever you think will make you happiest, whether you're happy that you just got some authentic stuff, or you're happy you saved money and got knockoff parts that gives you the look that you want.
I agree 100% about the argument point. I bought original and still was not happy, The only piece I own which fit perfect was the TTE lip everything else .
Old 09-23-10, 01:46 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by romeo291

point taken, but i was simply trying to make a statement that "originality" comes in many forms....be it by innovation, or by progression....it confuses me that people are so angered by a company taking something and making it better, cheaper, and readily more available....
Old 09-23-10, 01:56 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think of it this way, a kid sitting beside you copies your test, out of the whole test he knew how to do 1 question, it happens to be the one you didnt know, he scores a better mark and gets a trophy and scholarship, you get nothing.

Point is, someone put a lot of time into making this product (first kid spent a lot of time studying), all the other company (the other kid that cheats) has to do is make it fit a little better (note from people that common problems are same as the original), and they get rewarded for the product.

How is this hard to understand?

Romeo291 is right tho, fakes will buy fakes, it wont change.

Last edited by ClearP; 09-23-10 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-23-10, 01:59 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Good customer service... business 101 people, Shine is local, they have people working in that shop making replicas and pick up phone calls, does it make sense for Auto Couture to do the same? How much would their cost be? That's why they have distributors for that, thats partly why your authentic kit costs more.
Old 09-23-10, 02:14 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ClearP
Good customer service... business 101 people, Shine is local, they have people working in that shop making replicas and pick up phone calls, does it make sense for Auto Couture to do the same? How much would their cost be? That's why they have distributors for that, thats partly why your authentic kit costs more.
your point is exactly correct....all those points make AC much more expensive....your 100% right...THATS EXACTLY WHY ITS HARDER AND MORE EXPENSIVE TO GET....so is there anything wrong with allowing people to get their hands on something quicker, cheaper, and in many opinions better quality?

your "test" analogy is moot....no one gets hurt in this case because someone buying the replica would have probably never bought an AC kit....they couldnt afford it, they didnt want to wait for it, etc...im sure everyone here has used or has a replica of something....not everything we own is original....a copy was made at some point...the chair u sit in, the computer you type on, the bed you lay in....they all look alike for a reason....
Old 09-23-10, 02:25 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

So it's their fault to charge more because they spent more time researching and developing, it's right for people to take the short cut, and charge less.

So the company that makes the original doesn't get hurt by this. Really? People who wanted authentic AC kit couldnt afford it but they probably won't save up for it anyways and buy the real deal if there were no replicas. Really? I like learning new things everyday.
Old 09-23-10, 05:13 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

let's put this to the test: you go to a lexus meet with a fake JP or AC kit installed. everyone there are rocking original jdm kits. fellow enthusiasts asked: "what brand of kit is that?" are you gonna say it's an original JP or AC kit? or are you gonna say its a fake kit?
Old 09-23-10, 06:28 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
let's put this to the test: you go to a lexus meet with a fake JP or AC kit installed. everyone there are rocking original jdm kits. fellow enthusiasts asked: "what brand of kit is that?" are you gonna say it's an original JP or AC kit? or are you gonna say its a fake kit?
Exactly, its the same as rocking a fake brand name hand bag or fake cloth.

You know what tho, it doesn't matter what YOU decide to use, it's just very UNFAIR for those few member raving on and on about their fake kit and how the Shine is this and that, free advertisement for companies that copies is wrong. period. I cant see how they don't understand that, it's like a slap in the original company's face.
Old 09-23-10, 07:40 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

real auto couture for sc - $1600-1800 depending on the distributor
shine ac copy - $1200

...lol
Old 09-23-10, 07:48 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
shine ac copy - $1200

...lol
lol so much for more affordable and people who buy Shine probably wont buy authentic because they cant afford it... nuff said
Old 09-23-10, 08:20 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
shine ac copy - $1200

...lol
is that cheaper or not?....1-2 days vs 2-3 months....whats ur point?
Old 09-23-10, 08:28 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ClearP
lol so much for more affordable and people who buy Shine probably wont buy authentic because they cant afford it... nuff said
...how come u can be on another thread saying you love the look of a guys' inexpensive XTATIK imitation rim that reminded you of the vsxx, but here you cant stand it that shine made an inexpensive, imitation kit....whats the difference?

Quick Reply: Watch-out for Shine Auto Project