VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 04:09 PM
P.G_Will
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j stuff
Basically we need to support the people creating the real deal. If it wasnt for them then we wouldnt have our selection. It is companies like shine that take business away from the companies that create the product.

Exactly how i see it! We all know that intellectual property is more valuable then the product itself. Anyone can take something and copy it but not everyone can dream something then design and build it.

Like someone said in previous post, if shine has a hybrid frp that fits so well and made to flex better than the REAL kits, why can't they spend more money in r&d and design to build their OWN kits. Wouldn't that make them top knotch and second to none??? I know i would support that.

Looks like they have no shame in copying. Check out the Anceltion kit, they didn't even block out the Anceltion plate in the front. If you are going to copy, the least you can do is not steal pictures from the actual company.
Old 01-04-08, 04:54 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pxrlex
even as good as oem filament, slipped on like a glove..
happy..
What kind of bulb was it?
Old 01-05-08, 05:53 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to me.. if the fitment is perfect. and its cheaper.. why not go for it :\

ive been the a shine car meet.. VERY good turn out.. lots of people support them (real kits and replica)

my friend has a S2k with a hard top. (real deal) has fitment issues here and there.. the compared it with shine.. no fitment issues at all...

i dont wanna judge them or anything... but to me if fitment is great.. why not :\

ps ive never bought anything from them yet haha
Old 01-09-08, 09:35 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

meh, who cares? there will always be knockoffs of everything.

real recognize real.
Old 01-09-08, 07:03 PM
JasonA70
Driver School Candidate

yes they are copy cats, but hey if their stuff is good as the original, why not? at least shine auto doesn't false advertise all the other copycat companies. I run Their front lip spoiler on my supra just because i beat the thing to hell on the track. so far its the best 200 dollars ive spent on body mods on that car.
Old 01-09-08, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonA70
yes they are copy cats, but hey if their stuff is good as the original, why not? at least shine auto doesn't false advertise all the other copycat companies. I run Their front lip spoiler on my supra just because i beat the thing to hell on the track. so far its the best 200 dollars ive spent on body mods on that car.
ic, so it's PERFECTLY FINE to copy audio cds, since you don't lost one bit of the quality?
Old 01-09-08, 08:09 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

some people don't get it...if you take your time to design something really nice, spending your hard earned money and market it and mr joe schmo steals your EXACT design and sells for cheaper...you would be like,"oh its ok..."????
Old 01-09-08, 10:23 PM
zokustyle
Driver

i also have an AE86 corolla, and the shine auto pieces are very well known for good quality and fit, in the corolla community.

also because they offer a cheap and durable solution to the EXPENSIVE "JDM" kits.

some actually want a hybrid FRP kit like shine offers, because a good day at the track will most likely destroy any fiberglass kit, and the shine hybrid kits can take much more of a beating, without even cracking.

but that's just me.
Old 01-10-08, 01:39 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
What kind of bulb was it?
what does this mean Anna ? please explain more in detail ?
Old 01-10-08, 02:18 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pxrlex
what does this mean Anna ? please explain more in detail ?
you said "filament" in your post instead of FITMENT...
Old 01-10-08, 03:12 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh ... ez M355 ^
Old 01-11-09, 12:02 AM
VipMonkey
Driver School Candidate

hmm, I may have to chime in on this one. I posted a thread "gs300 in motorsports" I my self am using shine products on my S14 since its a daily driver and its frp fits great and bends and flexes. Now i have been in the auto body industry for 7 years now. I hate anything nock off i hate making it fit or cheap kits that are suppose to fit. I dont care if its real or not if it fits great then this painter is a happy piggy!

Ken from shine is one hell of a nice dude! He has shown me countless pictures of flaws in kits and show how they improved it. (awesome!!!)

Now for what i am doing to the car, I want a vip kit for my gs. I want a nock off cause of expense cost is low, and its frp so it will take some damage!

For me, i will support both groups. One person just happens to make it frp. Not labeling it as a actual design of theirs, but simply making kits that are durable for people that are in motor sports and not just showroom queens. Just so happens more people by knock offs for other reasons.. but i am backing Shine Auto 100% for my motor sport needs and reliabilty. Besides what business is in business not to make money these days.. Toyota buys chevy cars to put toyota emblems on it to sell as a toyota cavalier.. So talkin about nock offs.. take it up with toyota! LOL (end rant) lol
Old 01-11-09, 02:33 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

Originally Posted by na4now
Fiberglass is not like a watch.

Fiberglass is fiberglass. Fitment, is where the quality comes into play. Some "name brand" kits dont fit properly.

It is VERY inexpensive for these companies to make body kits. If one of them makes a good quality, good fitting product, ...who cares what the name is??
yah...you make a design and everyone wants it...you make big bucks..then someone starts making molds out of it..... i'm just saying, doesnt mean i wont buy them
Old 01-11-09, 08:23 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

some of you guys don't get the point, its the R&D time and vision of the companies that these knock offs steal. If these knock off companies state they can make the real deal better, then why can't they design their own kit, instead of copying a design of the real kit? Props to making it better, but it'd be even better if they designed their own better looking kit. This is going to be an endless discussion. It always comes down to the consumer.
Old 01-11-09, 08:45 AM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by speedaddic
some people don't get it...if you take your time to design something really nice, spending your hard earned money and market it and mr joe schmo steals your EXACT design and sells for cheaper...you would be like,"oh its ok..."????
+1

Not only that ... if I spend a few grand on a JP kit and then see some guy around the corner with a knockoff i would be pissed.

Quick Reply: Watch-out for Shine Auto Project