VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

I talked to VIP CAR last night....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 09:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

WE should start our own VIP STYLE magazine here in the US. Why do we have to scrable and search for thesemags only to droll over pictures. I cant read japanese and there is a market for this kind of magazine. I dont know what do you guys think
Old 05-15-08, 09:55 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what ever happened with this johnny i never heard anything from you about this
Old 05-15-08, 09:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrMark
Not necessarily......my car was in Rides a few years back and VIP has survived.

I remeber seeing it in a magazine at some point. NICE!!!
Old 05-15-08, 09:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I think traction magazine would be a good medium to displayour high end luxury cruisers. If not someone should come out with a US VIP magazine. Traction magazine has had 2 worked3GS's and a worked M35 with a beautiful Ken style body kit. Its our kind of magazine. I just wish they would circulate it better and make it a little longer
Old 05-16-08, 12:40 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A US vip magazine wouldnt survive. After 6 issues (being very generous) whats left? As much as I would love for it to happen, there just isn't enough cars to feature that have pulled off the style. Give it another 1-2 years.
Old 05-16-08, 06:13 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
A US vip magazine wouldnt survive. After 6 issues (being very generous) whats left? As much as I would love for it to happen, there just isn't enough cars to feature that have pulled off the style. Give it another 1-2 years.

This is also very optimistic. I think a monthly column (1 or 2 pages) that covers VIP Style in the US in the Japanese version would be more feasible. This would be similar to Takatomi from JP who has a monthly column in the VIP Style mags in Japan. That way, we're not relying totally on the VIP scene here in the US, which is very green, and will probably not grow enough to warrant a full time magazine.
Old 05-19-08, 12:57 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrMark
This is also very optimistic. I think a monthly column (1 or 2 pages) that covers VIP Style in the US in the Japanese version would be more feasible. This would be similar to Takatomi from JP who has a monthly column in the VIP Style mags in Japan. That way, we're not relying totally on the VIP scene here in the US, which is very green, and will probably not grow enough to warrant a full time magazine.
Ya, there just is not enough VIP and VIP styled cars here in the US to support a full VIP mag. I think thats a great idea, but which magazine would you put a VIP column in?
Old 06-23-08, 11:06 AM
kblack
Driver School Candidate

Default VIP style

The problem here in the us is that u can not get people to get togeter and stay focus on the task at hand , Im on the eastcoast and the thinking is very diffrent here and most guys i know with lexus want the look but they are to cheap to go the distance on there cars. Here they get a set of wheels and think there car is hott, Its like a mini show when I pull up in my GS.
Old 06-23-08, 02:02 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

couldn't be a worse time for VIP to get popular here in the states, high fuel prices will hamper the scene from getting as big as it is in japan.
Old 06-23-08, 02:20 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemareen
couldn't be a worse time for VIP to get popular here in the states, high fuel prices will hamper the scene from getting as big as it is in japan.

Even if gas was half the price, VIP would never be as big here as it is in Japan. Keep in mind, in Japan, VIP is a lifestyle, not just a car.
Old 06-25-08, 09:47 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

If I had my K-Break kit in and better wheels, I'd sooooo be all over this offer...
Old 06-26-08, 10:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bonafyd
I honestly think that there should be a US version of VIPCAR or something close to it...they just need to keep the cars they shoot under strict guidelines.
i think a magazine like RIDES will water the scene down (BUICK LUCERNE/300C) but that's just my opinion..anyway it sould be nice to see some more US cars in VIPCAR, the only car i can rembember from the US is freddie from autofashion.
I agree. I think VIP tuning is catching on Big time( real VIP). So why is it that they always ignore the US. We should have our own VIP magazine in the states. Why it hasnt happened already is amazing to me, considering some of the random *** magazines you can find on the shelf