VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

help? i want to make my car look VIP

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08 | 12:17 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Default help? i want to make my car look VIP

i have a 2007 ES350. its practically all stock.

what i know i should get is:
a clean body/lip kit
lowering springs or coilovers
rims!

My problem is... besides the rims.... none of these parts exist! the car has been out for 2 years already... =[ I was hoping someone has conenctions somewhere... hopefully throw some weight around for me and the other 07 ES' who want to mod. i know airbags are always an option, but currently, as a second year college student... that's out of my budget range... if you can help me out in anyway thanks.

i'm just starting to run out of options to do. i've called and e-mailed numerous companies with no avail.

Keep me posted.
Old 05-30-08 | 02:13 AM
drifto808
Rookie

rims...the right size and the right offset...

then cut the coils for drop..haha..nah dont do that
Old 05-30-08 | 04:33 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

i was thinking rims too, but i think it'd look funny with out a drop... so i was planning drop first.. then rims...

anyone have any idea what size i should? i want to keep tire diameter as close to the stock diameter as possible.
i have 17in rims... my tire is 215 55 17...bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 ... offset unknown.....i want to go to maybe a 19in rim? i dont really want to go bigger cause i got lots of pot holes on my daily comute to school... X_X wouldnt want an unfortunate accident with new shiny rims...

Last edited by ng123ray; 05-30-08 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-30-08 | 05:06 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

the ES really isnt a VIP platform, only a few members have took it to a extent to really vip their Es. Smitty's car comes to my mine when i think of a vip inspired ES.
Old 05-30-08 | 08:21 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Yeah just like what LiCelsior said. It's not a VIP platform, but it can be VIP STYLED. You should start with wheels then work you way around the wheels to get the stance you need. I'd go with 19" or 20", get air ride, depending on your offset on your wheels you might wanna get some spacers, shave or pull fenders to get the right stance. Then go with a smooth clean looking kit that's available for your car.
Old 05-30-08 | 08:31 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

oh man.. i know how you feel i use to have an ES...

going VIP is not cheap... i hope your pockets are prepared to take the hit. but when you do it.... do it right... if i were able to do it again i would've gone air. the drop is essential whether your going VIP styled look or not... to make anything look good it's the drop and in your case being that they don't have alot of mods for your car for sale i would say you should concentrate on that... i know you said your in college but the drop and wheels are roughly about the same price unless your looking for cheap wheels....in which i wouldn't recommened because the wheels in any case can make or break the car.

i just did a quick search for you... what i came up with through google was nothing i could actually recommend but i would look into maybe a universal air suspension kit. that will be easier for you... rather than waiting for something that's actually made for your car

carson was actually selling this kit for other model cars but at one point said they could do any car they just need a car to sample the air suspension on

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...air+suspension

that's when all the AWD guys started drooling including myself for my brother's GS350 AWD

but no one is there to test fit an AWD in cali because no one has or needs AWD in cali. :/

call carson... a link to their website's ES section... although it's only up to 06 i would give it a try.
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/model/st..._id=4&cat_id=7

with the air suspension... it'll give you the right stance you want... and once you get that stance... more or less any wheels will look hella nice... and also a body kit is rarely needed... and which in your case you won't have because they don't make anything for the ES yet...

just some thoughts for you that's all

for an example
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=329254 (i hope he doesn't mind)

Last edited by Batmobile; 05-30-08 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-30-08 | 02:05 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

...not too sure why people are keep saying that ur car is not a vip platform...etc. cuz if i read ur title to this thread correctly, it does say "help? i want to make my car look VIP" not "i want to make my car VIP". ...anyways, like alot of people are saying here, with jus the right stance and rims, you can make ur car LOOK vip or vip styled...no probs. Choose the right style of wheels that will look good to you. Maybe check out vipstylecars website for more opinions. ...and jus like batmobile said, i'd probably go w/ air suspension. not the cheapest but worth it. if not, maybe coilovers for adjustabilty reasons.
Old 05-31-08 | 12:21 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

haha its all good .. you want Vipstyled ..

Its really about fitment and the drop ... what would look flush and what style are you looking at ? post up some pictures ... that will give you a huge lead towards Vip styled .. if you can get a perfect stance .. with a banging drop ..

Work , weds , lowenharts .. lots of nice rims ..
Old 05-31-08 | 05:34 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

my project to make my car vip styled.. has been delayed... i need to replace the front driver side glass.... some punk scratched it up good... X_X.... if only i was around when he did that.. and i was holding a nice tire iron.... break that guy's leg... -_-...*mutters*
Old 05-31-08 | 05:40 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I have these for sale that will fit your ES.

20" lowenhart

Old 05-31-08 | 06:48 PM
beangrower
Pole Position

^^hey, ur transformcelsior on vipstyle cars huh?

these would be nuts on a '07 es. good price too.
Old 05-31-08 | 09:14 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

wow.. nice... how much are you selling them for?
Old 06-01-08 | 09:11 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

those are absolutely nuts.. but im not looking for wheels just yet.. im working on finding suspension first... then.. work.... to save up for some killer wheels!
Old 06-01-08 | 11:45 PM
mdenoga
Driver

Good choice. Suspension first. Problem is finding a brand that makes a set for you. The ES350 has alot of potential and is different from the previous generations in terms of the body. Another problem is that the ES350 isn't popular to mod and this may be why none of the suspension companies have made anything for it. I might have someone who can help you out.
Old 06-02-08 | 02:30 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

that would be great! yea.. im going for suspension first.. cause guys on the ES forums.. posted their cars with some great looking wheels.. just that it looks really funny sitting up high...

Quick Reply: help? i want to make my car look VIP