VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Air suspension questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 10:21 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air suspension questions?

1)For you guys that are running air suspension(UAS/AIRRUNNER) how did you run the airlines are they inside the car or outside the car?

2)Why did you choose to run the lines inside or outside?(pro/con)

3)Besides a good compressor what is the most vital piece in a setup?

4) What's the most overlooked part of the system?

5) Knowing what you know about air & your personal experiences good/bad would you do it again?
Old 03-20-09, 10:52 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Lines ran outside buttt ran where the car wouldnt be crushed if it layed on anything , Hidden I should say,

2.the installer did it , I had no issues with it

3.water trap , I still dont have one and have to bleed mine alot , and digital controller ,

4.overlooked , hmmmm leaks ... they happen .. just get them tighened back up asap ... or overrun your compressors way to hard

5. I would do it again . if no issues then your golden .. if leaks Fix them asap .. other wise you are using compressors way to much . and your car sinks , the good ? everything !
Old 03-21-09, 07:26 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

^^Just curious but how many holes did the installer drill into your car to run the lines?^^
Old 03-22-09, 12:41 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good question ... I haven't searched sorry bro ..
Old 03-22-09, 11:40 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Tucked up as close to the frame rails on the inside however making sure nothing(ie jack or lift) would crush the lines.

2)Have fun trying to hide 1/2" airlines throughout the vehicle...obviously you can go smaller but I have yet to see a car on air with interior run airlines.

3)WATER TRAP!!!!

4)Leaks for sure...however making everything somewhat accessible I believe is necessary to easier diagnose leaks and or fix any issues that may arise with any of the components

5) I already took it out of my SC...and I miss it soo much!!! Absolutely would do it again...just from personal experience I would only run a digital controller, and a good quality manifold as apposed to individual valves for space saving(this is for my SC)
Old 03-22-09, 11:42 AM
BeanTWNSC3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bonafyd
^^Just curious but how many holes did the installer drill into your car to run the lines?^^
I only drilled 3 holes, 2 to the rear bags through the wheel wells and 1 for the two front bag lines
Old 03-22-09, 01:43 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BeanTWNSC3
1) Tucked up as close to the frame rails on the inside however making sure nothing(ie jack or lift) would crush the lines.

2)Have fun trying to hide 1/2" airlines throughout the vehicle...obviously you can go smaller but I have yet to see a car on air with interior run airlines.

3)WATER TRAP!!!!

4)Leaks for sure...however making everything somewhat accessible I believe is necessary to easier diagnose leaks and or fix any issues that may arise with any of the components

5) I already took it out of my SC...and I miss it soo much!!! Absolutely would do it again...just from personal experience I would only run a digital controller, and a good quality manifold as apposed to individual valves for space saving(this is for my SC)
Goos stuff....what's the manifold for is is like an exhaust for the air?
Old 03-22-09, 06:35 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I dont know if I could live without my airrunner now. I had lots of reservations about going air and talked to a few members and really glad I did. With the airrunner setup I basically upgraded everything but the struts themselves. I had larger line put in, a 480c viair compressor, 2 3gallon tanks, and a accuair solenoid valve.
Probably my favorite part is the autopilot airsuspension controller, which is mounted in the ashtray. I like the fact that when not in use I close the ashtray and you dont even know its there. There are some compatability issues with the accuair solenoids that we are trying to get worked out now. But overall I think it is worth every penny, and only wish I had done this years ago. I have the water trap mounted behind the rear bumper and its easy to get to, and I try to open it once a week to clear out any water accumulation.
Old 03-23-09, 07:58 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so I just bought an air kit and they said everything is included except the small installer kind of stuff. I am assuming this mean a few grommets here and there, a couple of bolts. Aside from all the hardware, what are the "random" things I might have to purchase to complete the install.

Chris
Old 03-23-09, 08:01 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
so I just bought an air kit and they said everything is included except the small installer kind of stuff. I am assuming this mean a few grommets here and there, a couple of bolts. Aside from all the hardware, what are the "random" things I might have to purchase to complete the install.

Chris
What kit did you get?
Old 03-24-09, 01:01 AM
Spanky
Driver

1)Inside the car. i have a smaller tank that fits in the spare tire well. From there, it's ran from the back to the front via under the side panels. I have smaller lines from airrunner that's provided, so it fits underneath nice and tight.

2) Inside so i'll never have to worry about it pinching it get cut from road conditions or possibly kinked.

3) Not really sure on this one

4) Overuse of the compressor. Some people tend to just constantly run there system and thus, overuse the compressor. This causes it to burn out and then you'll need to buy another, which sucks.

5) I love my air suspension and would definently do it again.
Old 03-24-09, 06:27 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
What kit did you get?
I'll have it installed in a few weeks, don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I don't think they make it for the LS430s, I made a request about that though.

Last edited by excluesive; 03-24-09 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-24-09, 03:03 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

installer installed mine so i dont know about installing it. But as for if i would do it again? Id do it in a heartbeat!!
Old 03-29-09, 10:11 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

never run active lines inside of ur car: Fuel,oil,brake,air

Keep it 'simple' is the best advice for air suspension.

I Cant live without Air I'm starting another install next weekend on a BMW
Old 03-29-09, 11:48 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

let us know how the ksports turn out.

Originally Posted by excluesive
I'll have it installed in a few weeks, don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I don't think they make it for the LS430s, I made a request about that though.

Quick Reply: Air suspension questions?