VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Air runners or Ksport Air?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 05:37 AM
phamxOC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also in the market for air, i got a quote for 2700 for ksport airtech pro.. and 900 for install... which is ridiculous
Old 12-03-10, 06:48 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

phamxOC, hit me up, i may have a couple suggestions to get the kit cheaper and lower the price of install!
Old 12-03-10, 03:03 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by phamxOC
also in the market for air, i got a quote for 2700 for ksport airtech pro.. and 900 for install... which is ridiculous
price is a bit high... Exclusive can point you in a better direction... as for install.. DIY if u wanna save money.
Old 12-03-10, 11:53 PM
phamxOC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
price is a bit high... Exclusive can point you in a better direction... as for install.. DIY if u wanna save money.
this is gonna be my first air setup, ive been reading all the air ride threads on here to learn more about it, but when it comes to bags im cluesless! i just know it goes up and down and u get a nice chrome tank in the trunk! :P
Old 12-04-10, 12:42 PM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3+ years on UAS with no issues.

If you ask me now, air is over rated. Save your money and just go coilovers. Coilover cup kit if you must.
Old 12-04-10, 02:13 PM
phillygs3

If you know what your doing and educated on air susspension then I say UAS why? save about 2500 dollars I been on UAS for a lil over a year and a half with no issues besides a valve sticking but this was due to my neglect on draining the system. And customer service is great. My friend is riding on K sport and the car drives real nice even dumped. As far as air runner I never rode in a car with it so I cant speak on it My friend Rodney with the white TL speaks highly of it. But like Spyder says its all on the install and what air management you are using. If your driving a GS and dont have the top hats they offer then I suggest you get them rite away, This takes care of the issue with bag rubbing against knuckle. Spyder also educated me on running UAS with bc coils, I am going to give it a try this coming spring, I think this will be the way to go especially if you like to drive low. Only thing is I will have to have the rear coils moddified to run the bags which UAS offers to do at a reasonable price
Old 12-04-10, 04:08 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silvciv888
... upgrades i would like such as better management.
why would you upgrade the managment on a cup kit? ride height is dialed via coilovers not cups so you need no gauges. you raise for obstacles only so any kind of auto leveling system is ridiculous. not only do cups have lower air requirments but even if you did burn a single compressor you are only stuck at ride height so dual compressors is pointless. i would even deam electric valves worthless. if anything a cup kit should be stripped down and simplified.

why make cups act like bags? that's not their intended application or full potential.
Old 12-04-10, 04:11 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phillygs3
... running UAS with bc coils, I am going to give it a try this coming spring, I think this will be the way to go especially if you like to drive low.
think again.
Old 12-04-10, 04:39 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
think again.
LMAO how about I just let you pick my **** out
Old 12-06-10, 07:55 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
why are there two different trunk setups in these pics?
To show the different setup that can be done with hydros. One is a IS 250 and the other is a g35 sedan
Old 12-06-10, 07:57 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by na4now
Id like to do hydraulics, ..over air. .Reason why Im leaning toards air, is I dont have a good understanding of hydraulics, as far as the install. I know that with adjusted accummulaters, ..the ride can be very nice, and can offer more travel. Plus, hydros would just be baller.
You can have the car shipped out to a guy named Jermey in Az who has done most of Hydrloics installs and he will hook you up. They will also pre plumb your set up for you if you want to go two pumps or one pump and use the spare tire wheel./call them it never hurts to ask question and Aaron is one heel of a guy.
Old 12-08-10, 12:56 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL , this thread is jokes.
So many opinions and so little facts.

Money is your first factor and since AR is in your price range and you are new to having air it would be your best bet.
When your experience surpasses its cost you can piece together better parts to make a proper air suspension install.

I am not a fan of UAS by its own virtue and price but you can't blame them because someone wants to ride super low in a modified car . You got to check your own **** this isn't the lexus dealer where they better get your car wash right . Kudos for UAS to step up and replace the design for those with the issue when it was not there fault.

BTW Air runner nor K sport use DOT fittings , just cheap ptc pieces . Go ahead and put those on your car they should come with some
bubble gum brakes and some duct tape.
All comes down to the installer to know better and make sure you get the proper parts and not just what the sales person wants to make a profit off of you for.
Old 12-13-10, 07:24 AM
lisc300
Pole Position

Not sure where you are but there is a guy in NY that builds his own airbag kits. He bagged my friends 64 impala. went 4 years with no issues. Car was sold but as far as I know still has no issues. I think the guys name is kerri. Ill get more info for you

Just so you know Ksports makes noisey and short life span coilovers. I can just imgine how there bags are
Old 12-13-10, 07:59 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lisc300.. i've had my ksports for over a year and a half and enjoy them very much. 95 percent of my car club is on air, so yeah, i know how its supposed to ride.
Old 12-13-10, 02:11 PM
GSfoedoe
Driver School Candidate

Default question

Does anyone know if UAS will work with Tanabe sustec pro 5 shocks?

Quick Reply: Air runners or Ksport Air?????