Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

Need advice on stock wheels on my sc ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-04, 04:30 PM
LexusFiend
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on stock wheels on my sc ...

I recently purchased a 92 lexus sc and the wheels are in pretty bad condition ... actually just the plastic center caps are ... i need these wheels to last me for another 6 months to year or until i figure out what to do with the brakes and i pick out some new rims ... im kinda leaning toward having the wheels powdercoated white but i havent seen any pics of green sc's with white rims so im kinda worried it would look bad ... what do you guys suggest?
LexusFiend
Old 06-13-04, 05:39 PM
soarerboy
Driver

ahhh no... dont do that...hmm just leave em alone and wait it out till u get yer new rims...just my opinion
Old 06-13-04, 06:07 PM
LexywannaB
Driver School Candidate

IMHO I don't think it'll look bad at all...and if you have never seen a green SC with white rims before, that just makes yours origonal Really though, white wheels look sharp on most cars, and I don't think green is an exception to that rule.

On a side note, you can easily pick up four center caps off ebay for cheap, just go to

http://motors.search.ebay.com/Lexus-...osortorderQ3D2

Hope that helps!

Unashamed,
Tripp
Old 06-13-04, 06:54 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

White stock wheels on SC. IMO

Don't waste money messing with the stocks,
Save for the new wheels!

18's baby!
Old 06-14-04, 05:37 PM
neagan
Rookie

Default white wheels..... actually, yes!

Sure, why not? There are a lot of import street people running the white multi spoke wheels on their rides. If you could get the center cap area to match the green of the paint body it would probably look hella better than the beat up stock look. The key is: Not to apologize when someone shoots off their mouth about it. Tell them to get their own ride. Nitro
Old 06-14-04, 06:17 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

If its the 92 15 inchers, say dont do it. Especially dont match the centercaps green and paint the wheels white. Thats so, crx-civic. Remember its a lexus, and i dont mean to flame, but the lexus name carries a certain level of stature that you should consider. What wheels exactly do you have?

If youre keeping the stock wheels, keep them stock. If you absolutely HAVE to do something for the look of your car without spending too much, pick up and updated set of wheels or maybe even chrome ones of the same model. I mean, I have a set of stock chrome 15" wheels with plenty of tread left that i wouldnt mind selling cheap. $200 + shipping and theyre yours. Please dont take a step back with your car. I have to admit, stock wheels are ugly, but a white powdercoat would just make them look cheap too.

Also, powdercoating can be expensive. Might be cheaper to find another set.

Send me a picture of your car and i can photoshop what white wheels would look like. Let me know if youre really interested.
Old 06-14-04, 07:17 PM
LexusFiend
Lead Lap

After looking into the cost of powdercoating the rims i dont thinks it really worth all the trouble so i thinking im going to just buy the centercaps off ebay (thanks for the link lexywannaB) and save up for some rays TE37s. i think im going to have to take u up on that offer rscott for the photoshop thing (with the white stockers and the rays) after i get my digi cam back from my bro ... ill pm u i guess ... well anyways thanks for the great help and opinions ....
LexusFiend
Old 06-16-04, 04:25 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

whatever rims you get make sure they will clear big brakes if you are upgrading to more stopping power in the future.
Old 06-16-04, 05:10 PM
LexusFiend
Lead Lap

i was thinking 18s all the way around .... what is the smallest size that will fit with some big brakes or id that dependant of what kinda brake kit i get?
Jack
Old 06-16-04, 05:58 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you need to get a "hi disc" setup, if you are going with supra tts or ls400 calipers, u will need at least 2.75" of clearance from the rotor to the inside of the rim.