Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

Alstad Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-04, 10:25 PM
evolon5150
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those real Altstadt Wheels? The Altsadt wheels are True three piece wheels. In the last pic you can see that your wheels are one piece. What brand of wheels are you selling?
Old 07-01-04, 06:16 AM
synco357
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 20" rims

LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE! The rims on my Rx7 are the original Altstad 3 piece 19". However the rims that my wife bought for her car were a 20" 1 piece. I don`t know the name of the wheel that`s why I posted a picture of the actual rim. Looks like the same style but I have been advised buy these members of the forum that Altstad didn`t make 20".

So what you see is what you get. I guess if some wants the get them redrilled that will be on them and sold as is!

Andre
Old 07-01-04, 09:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

take it easy synco357. i am sure everyone knows by now the details on the rims you are selling. and everyone else just ease off on synco357 too, he probably didn't know too much about the wheels, but with contribution from everyone i think we have al the info we need here

good luck in selling.
Old 07-01-04, 09:44 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

synco357: the center cap seems to have some sort of logo on it... could you possible take a clear picture of the center cap? perhaps that will give an indication of what wheels they are.
Old 07-01-04, 11:57 AM
synco357
Lead Lap

Default Center caps

Here`s a picture of the center cap that are on all four rims. Also, I don`t see any name imprinted on the rims whatsoever.
Attached Thumbnails Alstad Wheel-20-a.jpg  
Old 07-01-04, 12:04 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Default Re: 20" Rims

Originally posted by synco357
If you guys read the add on the lexus forum...As It states,

1. The rims that are for sale are similar in style as the one
on the Rx7 picture. Correct, mine are 19" 3 piece. I thought
that a particular style of wheel was only made by a specific
manufacture. I must be wrong.

as it states the title which you cannot edit states that you are selling Alstadt wheels.

you are quoted declaring your wheels are 3 piece.

You have edited your original post... if I recall you also stated in that original un-edited post you were selling Alstadt wheels not "similar wheels" ....

there is clearly some type of badging on the Center cap. Please take a picture of it and post it so we know what we are purchasing.

and if you may please take a picture of the WHOLE backside of the wheel. There usually lies alot of information back there.

I personally do not believe you thought these wheels were Alstadt but I may be wrong. But I find it highly offensive if someone were to try and mislead a CL member to buy wheels that are mis-represented. I do hope that this was just a mistake and that everyone considering these wheels now will know the facts before making such a transaction.

I apologize if it seems as though I am delibrately trying to hurt your sale.... I am not. As the seller you have the responsibility to inform interested buyers the correct information of your product. If you do not know then specifically state it and do not title your thread "(so & so Brand name)"

Good Luck w/ the sale.
Old 07-01-04, 12:09 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

the center cap says fittipaldi.

If these wheels are fittipaldi then it's NOT
ARGUS, FIN, FLAME, FORCE, 500 SS, Tubolare, AV3, Tobolare, Fitti 500, Polaris, Laguna, F3, Interlagos, Avus, or VELA

the only other possibilities are
916 SP which is the only fittipaldi wheel i could not find a picture for

Last edited by VSsc400; 07-01-04 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-01-04, 12:29 PM
synco357
Lead Lap

Default dirrected to UptownGs

This was really not expected...However, common sense must be very uncommon.

1. I re-edited the post after I stated that my wife/ seperated wife drove a BMW when she actaully drove a Mercedes Benz.

2. She advise me that the rims looked similar to the ones on my Rx7...Mine are Altstad 19" 3 piece. I was later advise by members that Altstad didn`t make 20" Read my post " rims look similar to the one of the rx7 picture"

3.I have provided all necessary answers to questions of these wheels. If you`re implying that I need to sell the rims for money your sadly mistaken. I was just trying to help some individuals who saw my car and inquired about the rims that I have. ("Altstad")

4. If your not interested...So be It! I don`t care! For i have already stated before, like I was adviseBY MEMBERS that these rims will not fit.

Isn`t there better thing to worry about like my fellow MARINES rather than typing B.S.about some ************ wheels.

GET MY PICTURE, ***!
Old 07-01-04, 12:31 PM
synco357
Lead Lap

Default VSsc400

Thanks for your input.
Old 07-01-04, 12:37 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

got the name of the wheels.

Fittipaldi FORMULA.

Here is one that has been custom painted black center on a BMW.

I could not find the details wether Fittipaldi made these in 20" size but the wheels look correct to be fittipaldi formulas.
Attached Thumbnails Alstad Wheel-formula.jpg  

Last edited by VSsc400; 07-01-04 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-01-04, 12:45 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

here is another one for comparison on a VW.
Attached Thumbnails Alstad Wheel-vw.jpg  
Old 07-01-04, 12:48 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

synco357
in all sincerity your ad was a little confusing which in some cases could have been taken as being misleading since you had no clear information on the wheels you were selling and you did list them as altstdt wheels.
I think you could have taken the time out to find out what they were and such to make it clear to the potential buyers what they were and such. The center caps clearly says they are Fittipaldi design and 30 minutes on the internet revealed what the wheels really were.

These wheels will not fit a toyota or lexus as for the bolt patterns are different.

I spent the time to search fo what the wheels were because i didn't want to see people fighting, but it proved to be a little too late.

LETS STOP THE FIGHT NOW!

everyone group hug and shake hands and trade appologies.

good luck with the sale.

Last edited by VSsc400; 07-01-04 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-01-04, 12:55 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

I just finished up a 5 year tour in the Navy working in Interrogations and left as a 2nd class. my command consisted of Squids, Leathernecks, and various British Marines so dont give me this military BS. Being a Marine I would hope you would learn to pay attention to detail. Obviously you still have alot to learn if you cannot apply attention to detail to these simple common practices. That is what will seperate a fighting marine from a dead one.

Dont take my previous post as a personal attack. This is an internet forum where in this thread a business transaction is hopefully going to arise in which details need to be made certain and clarified. You are not positioning yourself as a viable person to conduct such a transaction, I could care less but just think of it in another person's shoe who wanted to buy these wheels. Would you want to buy wheels you were led to believer were alstad? The logo was obviously apparent on the centercap, I dont know how you missed it. Thanks for attempting to explain yourself. But lets keep all the BS out and stick to the facts about the wheels.
Old 07-01-04, 01:18 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by UptownGS
I just finished up a 5 year tour in the Navy working in Interrogations and left as a 2nd class. my command consisted of Squids, Leathernecks, and various British Marines so dont give me this military BS. Being a Marine I would hope you would learn to pay attention to detail. Obviously you still have alot to learn if you cannot apply attention to detail to these simple common practices. That is what will seperate a fighting marine from a dead one.

Dont take my previous post as a personal attack. This is an internet forum where in this thread a business transaction is hopefully going to arise in which details need to be made certain and clarified. You are not positioning yourself as a viable person to conduct such a transaction, I could care less but just think of it in another person's shoe who wanted to buy these wheels. Would you want to buy wheels you were led to believer were alstad? The logo was obviously apparent on the centercap, I dont know how you missed it. Thanks for attempting to explain yourself. But lets keep all the BS out and stick to the facts about the wheels.
I was an army ranger and i paid attention to detail
seriously as i stated above i do agree with you that the ad was confusing/misleading.
Old 07-01-04, 02:28 PM
synco357
Lead Lap

Default VSsc400 direct

So, I see we`re all veterans.

VSsc400 Thanks for your time!

Last edited by synco357; 07-04-04 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Alstad Wheel