Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

FS:18" L-Tuned OZ Salinas

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-04, 03:02 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FS:18" L-Tuned OZ Salinas

Hi guys,

I'm putting my 18s rims (no tires) up for sale. They are 18x8 fronts and 18x9.5 rear. Offsets are +45 both front and rear. Fronts will clear StopTech and Rotora 4-piston BBKs but none of the bigger calipers.

They are in very good shape with minor road wear. One rear wheel has a curb rash about 1.5". One front has a weird road blemish that I have no idea how it there.

I'm asking $1k FIRM local pick up only. I really want to avoid shipping for now. If you are in SoCal and are not in a big hurry, we can work something out since I head down there once every month or two. There are other members who I might also be able to hitch a ride for the wheels.

If you are local, you are welcome to come by for a peek. Email me at neo.one@gmail.com. My PM box is constantly full so that is not a good way to reach me.

EDIT/UPDATE (09-11-2004) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys. I've been swamped with work and EOS to deal with this as I liked. I've asked around with other members and shipping would come to about $200 with or without tires: with tires because of the additional size and weight and without because of the additional material and care. With bare rims, you run the risk of having the rim edge banged around by the shipping company so much more needs to be done to package the rim. With the tires on, the rim edge is protected and the bumping will occur with the tires.

With that said, I am now offering the option of tires on the wheels. Of course the price will go up. This is not the tires (condition-wise) that are currently on the rims but an as-new set of Michelin Pilots 235/40f and 265/35r. The tread should be AT LEAST 95% and I'm being conservative here. These are the tires that come with the L-Tuned wheels.

The price for the tire/rim combo will be $1400 FIRM (+ shipping if that is the case). That is an extra $400 for pretty much new Pilots mounted and balanced. I am only able to do this because of some timing and logistical events from the occurence of the EOS v3 meet. After that, it would be very difficult for me to achieve this package. If you are interested in the combo, please let me know by 09-21-2004 as I would need to make arrangements for the tires.

If this package is of interest to anyone, let me know. For the people that have contacted me about shipping, let me know if you would be more interested in the tire/rim the package vs. the rim only.

Also because of this change, I will also offer the locals first dibs. I apologize to the non-locals but I really do want to do this locally. It is less hassles for me and it is a better price (w/o shipping) for the buyer.

EDIT/UPDATE (10-12-2004) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had a number of inquiries lately and I wanted to update this thread. The tires are no longer available. They are in SoCal while I am in NorCal. I was able to offer them relatiively cheap partly because of the timing of EOS. Someone was going to bring them up for me but that did not happen since no one confirmed at the time. I might still be able to get the tires but it would take more work and time to coordinate it and offer it at the same cost.

I was also able to get a few more pics of the imperfections and have added the pics in a post below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some pics.

All 4:

Front 1:

Front 2:

The weird blemish on Front 2. It is actually a little more noticeable up close than the pic portrays.:

Rear 1:

Rear 2:

Rear 2 curb rash:

Rear 2 curb rash even closer:

Thanks for looking. Let me know.

Last edited by Neo; 10-12-04 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-07-04, 08:07 AM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh...no shipping... Oh well
Old 08-07-04, 08:44 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a pic how it looks on the car? thx
Old 08-07-04, 02:02 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by alredxiii
Ahh...no shipping... Oh well
At some point I may ship but I'd like to pursue the local option first. I'lk keep you in mind if anything changes.
Old 08-07-04, 02:16 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by RayGS3
is there a pic how it looks on the car? thx
Here are some on my car:

I vaguely remember a member with L-Tuned wheels on a white GS. If I can find it, I'll let you know.
Old 08-09-04, 01:36 AM
Neo
The One

Old 08-12-04, 01:34 AM
Neo
The One

Old 08-15-04, 01:58 PM
ipapilot
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested, but you would need to ship to alabama! Greyhound ships fairly cheaply...
Old 08-15-04, 02:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally posted by Neo

I vaguely remember a member with L-Tuned wheels on a white GS. If I can find it, I'll let you know.
On a silver GS (Iceman's)

Old 08-16-04, 01:58 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by DaveGS4
On a silver GS (Iceman's)
Thanks Dave. Maybe I was imagining that white GS since I can't find it.
Old 08-18-04, 10:01 AM
Neo
The One

Still here.
Old 08-18-04, 10:45 AM
ipapilot
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested but you gotta ship and be a little negotiable
Old 08-18-04, 10:52 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by ipapilot
I'm interested but you gotta ship and be a little negotiable
I'll let you know when this becomes the case.
Old 08-19-04, 11:03 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Neo - Shipping them is really simple...actually it is a lot easier then lugging them to show people, etc... Try to hook up with someone who has discounted shipping through their company and it makes it very simple and very cost effective...just a thought since you could probably unload these relatively fast if you ship them.

Obviously, wrap two wheels together to lower the number of packages...

Good luck and can't wait to see what you got instead...
Old 08-19-04, 01:27 PM
Neo
The One

Thanks for the suggestions KVA. I've had better results when the buyer sees the product in person and decides. Looking at pics will only get you so far. I just don't want any misunderstandings and want to be fair to the buyer.

At some point I will probably open it up for shipping but I'm pretty patient. I've sold other things here and elsewhere and sometimes right when I'm ready to go shipping, a local buyer that is ready to buy shows up. Although it may take longer, it is all timing sometimes.

As for the replacement, here is the "preliminary" look. Haha. More to come.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=130504

Quick Reply: FS:18" L-Tuned OZ Salinas