Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

5 Factory Chrome 17 - 2 almost new tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-05, 07:40 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default 5 Factory Chrome 17 - 2 almost new tires

Here is the deal - I have 5 Chrome factory 17 wheels... 4 with Centers... Set of locking lugs... here are the details...

1. 2 Wheels leak air slowly most likely due to the condition pictured below... My brother has his sanded down and the problem went away. The chipping on the chrome pictured is on the inside of the wheel (not visible when tire is on). These 2 wheels have the tires that need to be replaced so they have to come off anyway. This is the spare...

2. 2 Wheels have no issues but do have some fine hairline scratches - can only be seen up close in certain light (picture below shows them. These have the almost new tires.

3. The spare has a bad curb ding... here is the picture... hairline scratches. This wheel came from the previous owner without a tire, I have no clue if it will hold air but I think it would.

4. All 4 that just came off my car have no curb rash what so ever... the only flaw is this ding in 1 wheel...

Please see all my pictures of the tires in my gallery.

I am thinking $500.00 for the whole shebang... Pick up only for now... Here is the interest list right now...

1. ChuckB (Local)
2. DjFergi (RI - Would have to pay shipping)
Old 01-03-05, 07:46 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where abouts in FL are you????
Old 01-03-05, 07:49 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

I am in Valrico right outside of Brandon. Close to Lakeland, not far from Bradenton, West Orlando, Plant City...

Old 01-04-05, 07:07 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Wow... I thought there would be more interest in these... I may end up parting these out...
Old 01-04-05, 11:31 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

are you going to part I only need 1 rim i already have tires. will pay shipping. Lemme know pm me or email gkrew2@yahoo.com
Old 01-05-05, 12:44 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so 2 rims DONT hold air?? hmm... and thats b/c the chrome is peeling on the inside?? i have never heard of that, but then again, i dont know too much... is there still a list?? also, can you find out the cost of shipping to NJ 07726?? i am interested, but please let me know if you are willing to ship, and the cost too ship to NJ, thanks.
Old 01-05-05, 04:49 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by varcity64
so 2 rims DONT hold air?? hmm... and thats b/c the chrome is peeling on the inside?? i have never heard of that, but then again, i dont know too much... is there still a list?? also, can you find out the cost of shipping to NJ 07726?? i am interested, but please let me know if you are willing to ship, and the cost too ship to NJ, thanks.
Are you interested in all 5? As far as the wheels not holding air, that is my best guess from what others have mentioned... of course it always could be the tire stems have a slow leak but I really don't know at this point for sure. After inspecting the wheels and tires though I can't see any visible issues that would be causing the leakage.
Old 01-05-05, 07:07 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm still interested in just one wheel dont care about scratches or dent once its not bent and it holds air let me know please.
Old 01-05-05, 07:16 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Here is a thread about the air leak issues with Chrome Wheels... in case anyone is interested in the whole set.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...heels+leak+air
Old 01-05-05, 10:42 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
Are you interested in all 5? As far as the wheels not holding air, that is my best guess from what others have mentioned... of course it always could be the tire stems have a slow leak but I really don't know at this point for sure. After inspecting the wheels and tires though I can't see any visible issues that would be causing the leakage.

yea, i would be interested in all 5, but depending on shipping... also, as far as you can tell, are there any cracks or hair line cracks in the rims?? thanks
Old 01-05-05, 11:13 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

I don't see any cracks at all. I can take a look inside the wheel well just to make sure but I doubt it.

Keep in mind the leaks in the 2 are extremely slow and may have been dependent on where the tire fell when I left it parked for weeks at a time. I would say it would go from 40lbs of pressure to 25lbs about every 2-3 weeks with the car being driven only 2-3 times in that period. The tires would never go completely flat, just extremely low... I was still able to drive and go get air up the street.
Old 01-06-05, 01:23 AM
ambition
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when your ready to ship them please pm me and give me a quote to ship to zip code 85251. im pretty sure we could work out a deal for these.... how wide are they?
thx,
DZ

p.s. if it would make a difference in the price and save shipping i would be interestedin jus pickin up the 4 good ones and let u sell the curbed extra if you had a buyer.
Old 01-06-05, 06:05 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

At this point it looks like the pecking order is as follows...

1. Varcity64 - All 5 Wheels - Shipping is 150.00 if each package is less than 50lbs
2. Ambition - 4 Wheels - Shipping is 175.00 if each package is less than 50lbs

I will weigh these today for a more precise shipping cost estimate.

This quote was using an estimated value of 100.00 per package so that it would be automatically covered by UPS insurance (if I understand the website correctly any package where the value is under 100.00 automatically has insurance at no additional charge.

PM me for more information...
Old 01-06-05, 05:47 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

I have a firm offer on the table to purchase these from another member for my original asking price.

Varcity64 and Ambition, you guys need to make up your mind by tomorrow 6PM EST.

Varcity64 has first dibs, then Ambition... if you guys are not interested and not ready to paypal... they will be going to the member that PMed me.

Old 01-07-05, 09:30 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Sale pending...

Quick Reply: 5 Factory Chrome 17 - 2 almost new tires