Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

20" HRE 543R's.......for the ballers out there!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 08:10 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 20" HRE 543R's.......for the ballers out there!!!

Alright, I am "thinking" about selling my HRE's to go with 19's for performance reasons. These are EXTREMELY expensive wheels, and I will not give them away......if they sell they sell, if they dont I will rock them on the beast and love every minute of it.

For those that havent followed my TT project, these wheels and tires literally have about 40 miles on them.....the car has not been driven.

Here are the specs and retail cost of them:
The faces, lips, and inner barells are all high polished
fronts are 20x9 with an offset of +36
rears are 20x11 with an offset of +47
tires are Conti Sports in a 255/35/20 and rears are 305/30/20
Yes......20x11 on 305's
the offsets were custom done by HRE (Bob), and they fit without any rubbing issues on my car dropped with 4 people in the car. I shaved the rear fender lips, and thats it.

Retail on the wheels is $8146 with the extra cost for the entire wheel being polished. Cost on the tires was around $1300........Package retail price of almost $9,500.

I will sell them for $6,700....this aint cheap, but its a hefty discounted price off HRE retail.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 01-23-06 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 08:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow damn, i almost slipped from my chair when i saw this, jeff. i thought you were selling your car

good luck on the sales. i can totally vouch for jeff, he's a stand up guy and i think this is a super great price for a set of practically new hre wheels!
Old 01-23-06, 08:46 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

i thought you were selling your car
What makes you say that Henry?

Although I would for the right price, everything has a price! I do have an offer for a trade for a Supra that I have been contimplating. I would like to enjoy it for a minute before I do something like that though......maybe a few magazine layouts.

Im just throwing the wheel sale out there, im not pressed to sell as I absolutely love the wheels.
Old 01-23-06, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
What makes you say that Henry?

Although I would for the right price, everything has a price! I do have an offer for a trade for a Supra that I have been contimplating. I would like to enjoy it for a minute before I do something like that though......maybe a few magazine layouts.

Im just throwing the wheel sale out there, im not pressed to sell as I absolutely love the wheels.
nah i meant i thought you were selling your car when i saw this post (selling wheels), thank god you are just looking for more performance
Old 01-24-06, 05:22 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Oh, now I see what you were saying.......naaaa, it will be around for awhile.
Old 01-24-06, 06:51 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for nice set of wheels. I wish I could afford them
Old 01-24-06, 06:18 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can vouch for Jeff as well...after buying two body kits and tein suspension from him...get's it done and honest...what was the "right price" again Jeff?

Jeff

Last edited by DPRSupra; 01-28-06 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 06:19 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

those were on my list with the iforged sprint...but 19's ..bumpity bump for the double T....
Old 01-24-06, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSoup
those were on my list with the iforged sprint...but 19's ..bumpity bump for the double T....
come on, get this chance and go 20s at a very good price!
Old 01-25-06, 05:49 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

just a quick general question for those of you with polished wheels like this... how does it stand up to wet weather? will having polished inner bores mean it's a ***** to clean/corrosion?
Old 01-25-06, 06:26 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll give you 4 grand and you can who re me out
Old 01-25-06, 07:38 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

The polished wheels hold up to wet weather, but you gotta stay on top of them.....I wouldnt ride around in snow/ salt with them. The inner barrels just require a bit more attention. Im rediculous about my car stuff, so for me its not a big deal. I had a set of HRE's on my old GS with polished inners and that car was a daily driver.....its saw wet weather on a regular basis......I kept them flawless. ITs all what you put into it.
Old 01-25-06, 07:44 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

what do you do to clean them? ie. polish, how to clean insides (physically remove wheel?), etc)

sorry to stray from the for sale topic... i like the wheels tremendously, but it severely outweighs the car loan payments

think of it as a free bump?
Old 01-25-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
what do you do to clean them? ie. polish, how to clean insides (physically remove wheel?), etc)

sorry to stray from the for sale topic... i like the wheels tremendously, but it severely outweighs the car loan payments

think of it as a free bump?
jeff, please correct me if i am wrong. the centers i am pretty sure they are clear coated. and the inner barrels, though polished, i believe they are clear coated as well. if that's the case, then cleaning them isn't too big of a problem, just need to hose down and then maybe using a cloth to wipe them. there are quite some space between spokes, it's not that hard to stick your hands in. i do that even with my mesh.

and the outter lip/barrel, i am not sure if it's clear coated. if it is, then it's just as easy (as stated above). if it's not, then more case has to be put on this, where you need to clean them up more often coz' brake dust and such will eat into the polish over time
Old 01-25-06, 01:09 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Actually none of my current wheels are clearcoated......inners, outers, or face. On my old set, I had the polished inners and the face clearcoated, but the outer lip was not. On those wheels, the inners were easy to take care of, everything pretty much wiped off. On the new ones I chose to not clear any of it for a few reasons. First, and most important, the clear will start to peel slightly around the lug holes. I never had an issue with it spreading to a wider area of peel, but it actually came from HRE with a little bit of it peeling off. Not really noticeable, but it bothered me...and I always was afraid of it spreading. Secondly, the clear coat dulls the polish up slightly. With the current car, Im not driving it in any bad weather anyhow, so iM not pressed about it. Even if I was, its no big deal, you just gotta stay up on them. On my blakc GS, I took the wheels off the car every 2 weeks to clean them thouroughly. It was a PITA, but they always looked new.

Quick Reply: 20" HRE 543R's.......for the ballers out there!!!