Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-06, 09:29 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber

Well boys and girls, I've got a new set of wheels being made and it's time to part company with my Zone 3 wheels and Falken tires. These were custom built for my GS400 and are hub-centric (no hub rings required) and in terrific shape. They will be an aggressive fit on any generation GS or will fit an SC430 (although the offsets are a little weak for the SC).

Here are the specs:
Front: 20x9.5 +40 2.0" lip, clearance for all big brake kits
Rear: 20x10.5 +40 3.5" lip, may clear some big brake kits (but not StopTech or Brembo)

Front: 255/35-20 Falken FK-451
Rear: 285/30-20 Falken FK-451

The tires are stretched slightly for a VIP-ish look. Due to the tire stretch, the front wheels should only require minor fender rolling (as a safety precaution) and the rear wheels will fit if the black fender arch trim is removed.

The centers are brushed with clear coat, the outers are chrome plated, and the inner rims are polished & clear coated. The wheels are in great shape with no curbing or issues.

The tires are brand new and have MAYBE 250 miles on them. The tires were installed last October for a Falken Tire photo shoot the car was only driven to L.A.(from Orange County) and back for the shoot and perhaps another week of driving (I drive eight miles a day). The car has been in the body shop for the last nine months so the tires have not been driven on except for in and out of the body shop.

The tires still have the little 'nubs' on them and have no wear issues. Also, the tires were mounted using a Corghi Artiglio Master machine and road force balanced - no vibration issues at all, and the wheels are nice and round (NOT bent!). I will include new brushed Zone center caps and lug nuts at no charge.

As a note, the first photos show the wheels with the OLD Yokohama Tires on them, which were not stretched. The Falkens have a more stretched appearance and can been seen in the last two photos. I'm sorry I don't have more photos of the Falkens up close, but please understand that the car has been 50 miles from me at a body shop for many months!

I'd prefer to sell them locally (Southern California Orange County area) but I can ship them within the Continental U.S. (at buyer's expense) if a deal has been negotiated. Shipping a set of wheels & tires across the U.S. should run about $200 for the set.

Several folks here on the board know me and can verify that I am a stand-up no B.S. guy. Check with Neo, Richie, Rominl, DaveGS4, Static911, or TTurboPimp... We can negotiate a cash payment or C.O.D. cashier's check upon delivery- I am fairly easy to work with.

This is a great opportunity to own a pristine set of Zone three-piece forged wheels and new Falken tires at a great price. I am asking $4000 FIRM, which I believe is a very fair price. No lowballers or bargain hunters, please!

If you have any questions, please contact me via PM or e-mail
bhale@zonewheels.com
Office (949) 951-2718

Thanks for looking!

Best regards,

Bob Hale
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-gsnewport-med.jpg  

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 07-05-06 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-03-06, 09:32 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, how about some sponsership for your Dutch buddy!!!??
Old 07-03-06, 09:37 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Hi Richard! I'd love to do it, but I've got to recoup some of the cost of the new wheels & tires.

(Not to mention the $10K paint job)

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-gsnewportcoast-med.jpg  
Old 07-03-06, 09:45 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Photo with Falken tire...

These two photos were taken as a test-fit and reflect a 10mm spacer behind the wheel. The wheels are not actually this aggressive!
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-z3falken1.jpg  
Old 07-03-06, 09:46 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Rear shot of Falken 285/30-20 (with 10mm spacer in place)
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-z3falken2.jpg  
Old 07-03-06, 10:10 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Hi Richard! I'd love to do it, but I've got to recoup some of the cost of the new wheels & tires.

(Not to mention the $10K paint job)

More pics...
Hahahah, you arren't made of money then??
Old 07-03-06, 01:01 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Richie
Hahahah, you arren't made of money then??
I'm just a working stiff, like you !!

Had to pay for this (teaser attached):
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-gsteasesm.jpg  
Old 07-03-06, 01:02 PM
SSP Racing
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I know if these wheels will fit an LS430 01+?

I hate driving my cars stock looking for more than a week.
Old 07-03-06, 08:30 PM
LexFather

These wheels are sensational, top quality and looks to match and a buyer you can trust.

Good luck

Old 07-04-06, 08:48 AM
LexFather

I am going to say this once. If your interested in the wheels, please comment. If you want to act like Clark Howard of Oprah with your opinions of things, I will delete your comment and may ban for a day.

Have some respect, would u want comments in YOUR for sale thread?

Old 07-04-06, 09:25 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SSP Racing
How do I know if these wheels will fit an LS430 01+?

I hate driving my cars stock looking for more than a week.
I'll look into this. My gut says yes, they will work great on the LS 430. I think it'll be an agressive fit, but I know the LS guys are running similar set-ups to the more aggressive GS guys. I am certain they will clear the LS brakes. There is a guy in the LS430 forum who has what I believe is a similar set-up to mine (thread called "The LS isn't just for old guys" or something like that). Also, I will check with Brian at GT Pro; I know he has a 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 set-up on his 'bagged LS 430.

Sick, thanks for cleaning the thread up.

I will reiterate that these are 3-piece FORGED wheels featuring a unique brushed center/chrome outer finish... the inner rims are also polished & clearcoated. If you're comparing the Zone wheels to a Work VS-XX (etc.), they really can't be compared. Work makes a great wheel, but most of the centers are cast, not forged. Also, the finish selection is limited on the Works; brushed and/or chrome is not even available, not to mention polished inners.

Zone wheels are made in the USA with pride. A great advantage of this is that if the wheels were ever damaged, replacement parts are readily available. If you doink a Japanese wheel, you have to repair it (often compromising the structural integrity) or replace the entire wheel.

As for company background; the founder of Zone Wheels was the President of Momo USA for over a decade; I am Zone's Technical Director, bringing over a decade of wheel experience (prior to joning the Zone team I was the Project Manager for HRE Performance Wheels) and industry expertise. We spare no expense when it comes to quality; as a small business without a huge advertising budget, we rely on our unique styles, fitment expertise, and overall quality to build our clientele.

If you doubt our integrity, I implore you to ask vendors such as D2-Autosports, Wheel Experts, TM Engineering, Status Auto Design, etc. about Zone. I think you'll find Zone is well known and respected in the automotive aftermarket industry.

These wheels NEW list for about $1650 each, plus the value of the new tires & mounting and balancing labor. I think my asking price is fair and offers a terrific value. If CL members think the price is unreasonable, so be it- I'll keep 'em.

If you have further questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Office (949) 951-2718
Personal e-mail bigaudiobob@gmail.com

Best regards,

Bob
Old 07-13-06, 12:35 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Here's a close-up of the front wheel.
I saw the car again the other day and the wheels are quite breathtaking in person; I don't see the car very often, so I forget sometimes...

These photos are with the OLD Yokohama tires.
I will shoot photos with the NEW Falken tires this weekend.

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 07-13-06 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-18-06, 05:47 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

As promised, photos with the new Falken FK-451 tires.

These have a slight stretch (but not full-on VIP style) that looks cool and allows them to fit without issues. I think this would be a great fit for the LS, too; the offsets aren't insane.

For comparison, relative to the fender, these wheels are the same as

Front
20x9.5 +40 (Zone 3 wheels) sit the same as:
20x9.0 +33
20x8.5 +27

Rear
20x10.5 +40 (Zone 3 wheels) sit the same as:
20x10.0 +33
20x9.5 +27

Although my fenders were trimmed a long time ago, with these wheels and the current Falken tires I can stick about 1.5 fingers between the rear fender arch and the sidewall. These will easily fit a stock-bodied GS with the fender arch trim removed as a precaution.

Best regards,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-gs2rearzone.jpg  
Old 07-18-06, 05:48 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

One more shot of the front wheel & tire.

(The wide angle lens makes the offset look more aggressive than it really is)

A great look for the GS... I wish I could keep them.
Attached Thumbnails F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber-gs2fender.jpg  
Old 07-19-06, 12:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did I miss your debut thread Bob? Either that or you could not wait.

Quick Reply: F/S: Zone 3 20x9.5 + 20x10.5 brushed with new Falken rubber