Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

Looking for 10mm Spacers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-07, 04:15 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe MrMark got his rears shaved, I think he mentioned.
Old 10-21-07, 04:18 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cspec
I believe MrMark got his rears shaved, I think he mentioned.
Yeah, I remember reading that but RocketGuy's talking about the fronts, not the rears. His rears are as flush to the fenders as you can get, lol.
Old 10-21-07, 05:33 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not really sure how hubcentric 15 mm spacers (that came with new studs) would be any worse or less safe than an equivalently aggressive wheel offset.
Old 10-21-07, 06:15 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have asked H&R directly and they had no spacers less than 15mm with a hubcentric fitment. It will fit the hub centered but not have an additional piece to center the rims.

Their was a guy on cl who was selling a set of 10mm hubcentric spacers only because he had a machine shop cut the insides down form a 15mm since none are available. I don;t think he would pay twice the price to have them machined over ordering another set if it was available.
Old 10-21-07, 07:50 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

I am also thinking of getting spacers but for my stock wheels, what sizes would I need for the front and rear for them to be relatively flush? thanks
Old 10-21-07, 11:04 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I'm not really sure how hubcentric 15 mm spacers (that came with new studs) would be any worse or less safe than an equivalently aggressive wheel offset.
I've heard too many horror stories in the past & one of my close friends is a manager at a local tire shop said the same thing. He has seen numerous "oh boy" stories regarding this kinda stuff. If you really have to have a gloss black finish then you were better off just getting the correct offsets (18x8 & 18x9; 40mm all around or 18x8.5; 38mm & 18x9.5; 35mm) the first time w/the hyper silver finish & powdercoating them gloss black locally but that's just my humble opinion. The only thing negative is that powdercoating would cost additional money (around $400 for a set of 4). Then again, what do I know? Good luck w/whatever you decide to do.
Old 10-22-07, 08:50 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

I think most of those horror stories are probably either from people tracking their cars, and/or from using non-hubcentric spacers? From everything I understand, more aggressive wheel offsets put extra load on your suspension and wheel bearings just the same way hub centric spacers do. It makes sense, too.

Anyways, I think Javy's thread has convinced me that 15 mm is the way to go... So given that I want 15 mm hubcentric spacers, what is my best option? H&R?
Old 10-22-07, 06:35 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like my H&R's but the KICS ones i have out back are much easier to install and remove , just they are next to impossible to find as well as getting the hub centric rings to fit them specifically.

I don;t track my car but it is heavy and so are my rims . Combine that with my 4 pot calipers and it is alot of stress by itself.
I have snapped atleast 7 H&R studs already and it still uses a hub to take the load off the studs If you could just buy the right offsets of the rims for $400 i would by far go that route than spacers as it is much safer and easier.
Old 10-22-07, 08:30 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

I think most of those horror stories are probably either from people tracking their cars, and/or from using non-hubcentric spacers? From everything I understand, more aggressive wheel offsets put extra load on your suspension and wheel bearings just the same way hub centric spacers do. It makes sense, too.
So do you think your rear wheels put alot more load on your suspension (compared to stock rear wheels) given it has a rather aggressive offset (18x9; +31mm)? When I use to have an sc430 & e46 M3, I as well as other sc430 & M3 owners had really aggressive offsets yet never an issue related to that. Given the choice between spending an extra $400 to get the wheels you really wanted powdercoated or spending $100-$200 on spacers, studs, etc. I would rather saved up a little longer & go w/the former. Post some pics when you get the spacers mounted.

Last edited by Yeah!; 10-22-07 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 09:06 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Well the difference in cost isn't big enough to be a major deciding factor... but I don't think the wheels would have looked as good or that the finish would be as high-quality if I got them powder coated.

And yes, the more aggressive offset definitely increases the load on the suspension and wheel bearings. I don't think you keep your cars long enough to ever really notice the problem, though. Tracking them can bring up problems quicker, too.

*sigh* Maybe I'll just wait and see if AME produces these wheels with a better offset anytime in the near future... If I went that route, hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to sell just the front pair of my current wheels.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 10-23-07 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-23-07, 02:23 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Well the difference in cost isn't big enough to be a major deciding factor... but I don't think the wheels would have looked as good or that the finish would be as high-quality if I got them powder coated.

And yes, the more aggressive offset definitely increases the load on the suspension and wheel bearings. I don't think you keep your cars long enough to ever really notice the problem, though. Tracking them can bring up problems quicker, too.

*sigh* Maybe I'll just wait and see if AME produces these wheels with a better offset anytime in the near future... If I went that route, hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to sell just the front pair of my current wheels.
Some sc430 & e46 M3 owners have had aggressive offsets as early as the first years those 2 vehicles were available (around 2001) w/no probs. But I do agree if you track your car the chances of having probs w/spacers increases exponentially. Waiting to see if AME produces better offsets in gloss black seems like the best choice if you're patient.