Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

20" Sevas Black Chrome Lip with tires $900

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-07, 10:29 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

if hes a lexus owner then what good is the bolt pattern measuring device, just have him bring a jack and a torque wrench and test fit the rims.
Old 11-26-07, 10:50 PM
MAS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
if hes a lexus owner then what good is the bolt pattern measuring device, just have him bring a jack and a torque wrench and test fit the rims.
That's what we're doing also The skepticism is incredible on these forums. Would you like to attend the meeting also to give the approval on whether he mounted the wheels on correctly? If you're not buying them...why do you care. I'll be posting the pics just for you.

Here's the meeting point if you want to attend:

7:30pm
Cheveron (323) 254-4250
4005 Eagle Rock Blvd Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by MAS; 11-26-07 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-27-07, 05:32 AM
bwilder10h
Driver

It's not skepticism... it's common knowledge and looking out for the potential buyers. It's either one bolt pattern or the other... unless they are multi-drilled, they will not fit both cars...

My guess is the box was mis-marked.
Old 11-27-07, 05:53 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if the deal falls thru will you do 1000 shipped? PM me
Old 11-27-07, 08:18 AM
MAS
Rookie

Originally Posted by excluesive
if the deal falls thru will you do 1000 shipped? PM me
I have so many offers on the table right now that you would have to give me $1050 which would include shipping and insurance. Shipping is $150 to NY.
Old 11-27-07, 08:19 AM
MAS
Rookie

Originally Posted by bwilder10h
It's not skepticism... it's common knowledge and looking out for the potential buyers. It's either one bolt pattern or the other... unless they are multi-drilled, they will not fit both cars...

My guess is the box was mis-marked.
I understand your point but we'll just have to wait for the pictures tonight.
Old 11-27-07, 01:41 PM
dw1628
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MAS
The wheels are 5x114.3 but they worked on my car...ask anyone who is very well seasoned in the wheel world and they will tell you that a 5x114.3 is so close to a 5x112. If you have any doubts I can hook you up with the wheel shop that sold them to me ( DNJ Wheels in Westminster CA ) and they will tel you all you need to know about these wheels and how they are 5x114.3.

And yes that is my car.
so u are saying 2mm on each lug hole won't make a difference on ur MBZ? wont that put stress on ur lug holes?

i read about that on 300c / charger forums, whether 5x115 is the same as 5x114.3, most people say. it's 0.7mm difference-which is nothing. less than 1mm, but it will work .also highly suggested using hubcentric rings. Some ppl had vibriting problem, some don't. but i would think if the shop that u went to knew what they are doing, then it's ok... (but that's not always the case)
or just wanted to sell you the wheels for other reason.

just trying to figuered things out, not to bash ur purchase..
Old 11-27-07, 01:45 PM
MAS
Rookie

To All,

Now the pic will be with a hub and disc that this guy is bringing in his trunk because he doesn't drive his VIP Super Slammed Lexus LS400 to work. Kind of annoying because I wanted to post pics of the wheels on his car...but we're still taking my wheel off to do the fittment trial on his hub and disc and i will take pics. And all 5x114.3 hubs have studs attached to them so I can't fake this pic tonight. And all hubs from Mercedes do not. Just look out for pics tonight.
Old 11-27-07, 08:55 PM
MAS
Rookie

NO NEED FOR PICS BECAUSE THEY"RE SOLD PICKY ***** ****AS!
Old 11-27-07, 10:22 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

post pics when you mount them on your lex..Nice rims.
Old 11-28-07, 09:06 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first, you're right, they will mount on either bolt pattern. second, you're wrong, they don't actually fit. stick some more cheap wheels in 23" on your car and they'll mount too, but they don't fit. the difference is small enough that its ok to you, but not to anyone that knows a thing about wheels. the stress on the studs will be directional and are liable to bust off one day for a nice surprise

with your ghetto attitude, sell your wheels and knock yourself out. this ain't no honda forum, and i presume mbworld and such don't act the same way
Old 11-28-07, 01:31 PM
MAS
Rookie

Originally Posted by bravo261
first, you're right, they will mount on either bolt pattern. second, you're wrong, they don't actually fit. stick some more cheap wheels in 23" on your car and they'll mount too, but they don't fit. the difference is small enough that its ok to you, but not to anyone that knows a thing about wheels. the stress on the studs will be directional and are liable to bust off one day for a nice surprise

with your ghetto attitude, sell your wheels and knock yourself out. this ain't no honda forum, and i presume mbworld and such don't act the same way
I'm just reacting to dumb asses around here...none of this was in any way a part of your business. You shouldn't dog Honda because you're car is Japanese also...

Wheels are sold...so who cares.

And by the way...you're an idiot...
Old 12-01-07, 02:48 PM
JJaber06
Rookie

Originally Posted by bravo261

You're right, its a toyta forum! haha sorry I had too But he's right, they might mount, but that doesn't mean they'll fit. And if anything happens to the person because of a stupid set of wheels then
Old 12-02-07, 11:05 AM
GSMoving
Driver

I am just ammazed you put two different style rims on a car! What the F$%^?