Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

F/S: 20" authentic Lowenhart LD-1 staggered + almost new tires..

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08 | 09:58 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

what are you dropped on cuz i am pretty sure we have the same size rims, offset, tires, and obviously car too. i have stock suspension and a considerable gap as well but i really like your non gapage. do you have any rubbing, have you modified the fenders at all, and how does the ride comfort compare to stock??
Old 08-21-08 | 11:41 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

wooot!! I see my car next to yours! lol
Old 08-22-08 | 12:12 AM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by sojah
what are you dropped on cuz i am pretty sure we have the same size rims, offset, tires, and obviously car too. i have stock suspension and a considerable gap as well but i really like your non gapage. do you have any rubbing, have you modified the fenders at all, and how does the ride comfort compare to stock??
I don't think you have the same offsets as I do.. The only way to make sure is for you to take off the wheels and see what is stamped on the back of the face. My guess is +38f and +43r is what you are running. Could be wrong.

Only modification was done to the rear fenders.. Shaved the rear. No rubbing in front.

I am lowered on Daizen springs and L-tuned shocks. Rides comfortably for being lowered and on 20s.
Old 08-22-08 | 04:25 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yes i believe you are correct about the offset being 38 and 43... that means mine would be a deeper set right? like more aggressive or whatever the kids are calling it today??

when i bought them back in 03 i didn't know to much about having an aggressive offset i just told the dude i wanted the biggest lip i could with a 20x10 rear and he said "hai"...

so i guess that would mean that there would probably be a lot more work involved in getting the gap like your,,, especially in the rear i imagine? damn your rear setup looks so nice too.
Old 08-22-08 | 07:36 AM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

The lower the offset number, the more aggressive it will be. On the rear, if you do indeed have a +43 offset, it will be 20mm inwards from my setup. If you added a 20mm spacer, it will be the same offset as mine would be. Here is a link to a wheel offset calculator: http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

If you do keep your wheels, try lowering the car first before you start shaving the rear fenders or adding spacers. Who knows, you might like the way the gap is on your setup..
Old 08-22-08 | 07:34 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

With the offsets you posted I assume these won't clear the BBK on the LS430. If I am wrong please correct me. Otherwise a free bump for you and the LD-1 has been one of my favs and even owned a set back in the day. GL with your sale and your GS looks sharp!
Old 08-23-08 | 05:59 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

now i'm just confused... i thought the offset was the other way around. hmm.... well thanks for that lesson and the link, i guess now i will just have to wait until the next time i take one off, cuz i don't fell like doing it for fun right now. i know my shiz rubs kinda bad right now with the stock setup with someone sitting in the back that weighs more than a small asian girl whenever i hit a bump so i figured it would only get worse if i tried to drop it... my goal would be to keep as much of the soft soft floaty suspension (like stock) while taking about 2 inches out of my wheel gap and making sure it doesn't rub any worse than it already does.
Old 08-23-08 | 07:27 AM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by louiegs400
nice rims, good luck with ya sale

how can rear tires have less miles then the front tires
u drive on 2 tires only ? lollll

Tires:
- front - Nitto NT555 - 225/35/20 (driven less than 2000 miles)
- rear - Nitto NT555 - 245/35/20 (driven less that 1000 miles)
Obviously, I replaced the rear tires at a different time... I had p-zeros (they suck) in the rear before i changed them out..

As stated in post #1, it states when I changed the tires...
Tires:
- front - Nitto NT555 - 225/35/20 (driven less than 2000 miles)
- rear - Nitto NT555 - 245/35/20 (driven less that 1000 miles)
- Front tires were purchased in Feb. 08 and rear in March 08 @ Harbor Motorsports.

As of now, tires have been driven less than 3k miles front, 2k miles rear. I rarely drive the GS..
Old 08-28-08 | 06:11 AM
208Soarer
Pole Position

Inspired. Thanks for help man! If anything changes about my wheels. I will let you know. I may end up going 20's
Old 09-01-08 | 08:07 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

Sale fell through.. back up for sale/trade...
Old 09-05-08 | 12:04 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

new price.. $1900 obo..
Old 09-05-08 | 12:31 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

dude, i almost sold my whole car w/ the rims this past weekend for 2k more w/ rims and we agreed on a price and everything and the deal fell through. oh well good luck with urs,, i was so close i could almost taste it.
Old 09-07-08 | 09:39 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by sojah
dude, i almost sold my whole car w/ the rims this past weekend for 2k more w/ rims and we agreed on a price and everything and the deal fell through. oh well good luck with urs,, i was so close i could almost taste it.
Thanks... GL on your sale also!
Old 09-14-08 | 12:18 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Damn,too bad these won't work for my 2LS! I've been a big fan of these since they came out.
Old 09-14-08 | 06:18 PM
InspiredGS
Pole Position
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by j three
Damn,too bad these won't work for my 2LS! I've been a big fan of these since they came out.
You or anyone else are more than welcome to test fit if you are seriously intested in the wheels... PM me if you would like to test fit.. We can do the test fit in our shop in Anaheim, off the 91 and Euclid.. Thanks!

Quick Reply: F/S: 20" authentic Lowenhart LD-1 staggered + almost new tires..