Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

NY Auto couture magnifique 's 20" wheels rims w/ tires (NOT LEXUS FITTMENT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-09, 06:53 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Auto couture magnifique 's 20" wheels rims w/ tires (NOT LEXUS FITTMENT)

*** SOLD, SORRY ********Hi all, here's the story: Purchased these wheels from Derrick @ D2 last march for my newly acquired e55.. tires were transplanted from the 20" rims that came w/ the car.. Wheels were used from March until November & then they were removed from the car to put on the winter/snow set up.. I just (3/25) totaled my e55... As I understand it these offsets are friendly to some Lexus's AND by buying a specific lug nut, you can fit these 5 x 112 wheels on your 5 . 114.3 lexus .... Search the wheels forum, there are post's all over the internet about safely running Benz bolt patterns on a lexus..

I downsized & purchased a clk430 cab... and these wheels are not my preference for the w208 body, not to mention the 9"w front rim seemed to touch a bolt on my shock when I just tried to test fit them today.

FOR SALE:
Auto Couture Magnifique's,
Front: 20" x 9"w, et: 35, 2"lip, all 4 faces powder coated white
Rear: 20" x 10"w, et: 36, 3"lip
Rubber (I was tring to burn these freebies out before I purchased new ones)
(1)Kuhmo Ecsta spt 275/20/ZR20, (1) Nankang Ultra sport NS2 275/30ZR 20
(2) Nankang 245/35/ZR20 .. I don't know the tread depth, but I believe they're due for replacement soon, @ least that was my intention... I'd say 50% tread left? ..and they do show camber wear on the inner edges...

The wheels are in excellent condition, only notable flaws, are the most gentile of "curb haze" I won't even call it a "rash" on ONLY 1 wheel -see photo.. and the AUTOCOUTURE chrome lugs have spots of surface rust..I didn't try to clean..White powder coating has a hairline scratch or 1/16" nick or two, to be expected of anything inches from the ground traveling @ high speeds..Oh, center caps have a bit of adhesive residue on them, just like my cell phones I tried to leave the protective plastic on as long as possible..

PRICE: $2500 shipped OR P/U in NY. they retail for $3800-4000 ..WITHOUT TIRES.. If using paypal please NOTE: I must receive $2500, that will mean the purchase price will be $2500 + whatever transaction % fee PP charges.. sorry. I will ONLY ship to a CONFIRMED paypal address.

Thank you for looking....

I know this prob won't work on CL, but just in cae: will consider a partial trade for a set of STAGGERED 18" AMG monoblock 2's or possible a Lorinser 18, mabye RS1, RS90, I'll hear out anything THAT FITS A CLK430 Cab..

Last edited by Lexobenz; 08-08-10 at 10:33 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 05-02-09, 07:50 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If these were brushed alum.... same bolt pattern

nice set of wheels.
Old 05-02-09, 09:34 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to confirm I am running 20" Maya wheels in 5x112 on my 5x114.3 Q45. I am using variation lug nuts.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-03-09, 05:53 AM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Sick rims. Wish my LS were white.
Old 05-03-09, 07:54 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AME_VIP
Just to confirm I am running 20" Maya wheels in 5x112 on my 5x114.3 Q45. I am using variation lug nuts.

Good luck with the sale.
where can you get those from?
Old 05-03-09, 12:02 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

clean wheels...GLWS!
Old 05-03-09, 12:18 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

Thanks all! But for those concerned about the finish, when you get a fair deal like this, you're only looking at another $75+/-pr wheel to powdercoat a color of your choice..or drop them at a place like Wheels America, 1800-fix-rim I think..they'll re do the wheel any way you want & re-true the wheel to as-new for $130 per wheel... I've used them with great satisfaction multiple times....

you guys know how infrequently these are up for sale below retail... =)
Old 05-03-09, 12:20 PM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

^^^ Ame, thanks for the confirmation! I know many are skeptical/concerned about that...
Old 05-03-09, 10:33 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like them but am not abotu to spend 2500 on them in the wrong bolt pattern and white finish.
I did some research on the variation nuts and here is some info for others who might be interested.
It seems you have to drill the wheels bolt pattern first to fit 112(benz) to get the larger 114 (lexus) .
Then you use these special nuts which allow the inner part of the nut to float until locked up so the outside of the nut is not centered with the inside of the nut.
Here are some pics for an idea on variabtion or wobble pcd nuts.
Also if you were to install these you better have hub rings to make sure the wheel is centered or it will snap the studs off like no tommorow or better yet before tommorow.

Here is another using a Benz or german style stud.
Old 05-04-09, 08:46 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wheels are beautiful, but the white finish is what might be preventing most people from getting them. also the center bore of these wheels are 66.56 and there is only one company that sells hub rings in that size.
Old 05-04-09, 09:42 AM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

^^ Ok, thanks for they input guys. I hear ya.

I looked for years to try to scoop these up pre-owned.. but could never find them, so I had to take the plunge & buy new.. Here's an uncommon opportunity here..

From a person who has had wheels, re-finished MANY times, DON'T let the white scare you.. find a powdercoating or wheel shop near you, spend a few hundred & make the wheels whatever color or finish you want. C U S T O M I Z E.. and for way less than $3800+ retail for wheels..

Thanks all.
Old 05-04-09, 05:43 PM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

youre going to make me buy a benz.........

ive had 2 sets of 20" Benz built wheels on my GS. Ive used basic lugs with hubcentric rings without and wobbling or vibration whatsoever.

If I wasnt trying to sell my GS these are the EXACT wheels in white Ive always had my eyes on and at a sick price. BUMP for you and good luck with the sale
Old 05-05-09, 10:16 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SK you don't have to drill anything. Benz use 14mm studs while Lexus uses 12mm. The fit is snug but the wheel will fit on your studs without any drilling. The lugs are available from radarwerks.com or Lake Shore Wheel and Tire.

There is a thread with more details in the Tire Rack Wheel Forum on using variation lugs.
Old 05-05-09, 11:18 PM
optionii
Pole Position

just have them redrill if you really want them to fit on your lexus, rbmotoring charges 40 a wheel, they do good work
Old 05-06-09, 10:49 AM
Lexobenz
Pit Crew

^^ Thanks guys. I hope for someone takes advantage of this deal.. If no one takes em'... they'll spend the rest of their life in my basement... or until I get another car that they will fit on...

But this won't be one of those threads where the price drops to half of the 1st post..

Quick Reply: NY Auto couture magnifique 's 20" wheels rims w/ tires (NOT LEXUS FITTMENT)