Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

Looks like I may have gotten a raw deal - BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-02, 12:10 AM
Wheel Experts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are also very careful in packing...the last thing you want to deal with is UPS/FedEX. Might as well try our best to prevent the damage as much as possible.
Old 08-21-02, 08:53 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ceboyd,
It is very important that you help me (Pleaseeeeeeeeee) without revealing the vendor, can you tell me if they were BBS rc's out of NYC ? ( it looks like i might be taken for $1800) Please help

Thanks

Pearly

Send me an e-mail

d.burley@source4elect.com
Old 08-21-02, 11:06 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea well..

The reason I took the $50 is because the guy wanted me to repack them better than he did and send them back at my expense which would have cost me even more.. He offered a refund but my guess is that it would have been without ship fees and that would have meant I would have been out of a minimum of $150 shipping to return them... and worst case $300.. so I calculated it was better to just take the $50 and invest the additoinal $150 for the fix then to risk not getting any money back after return and be out more money with nothing!

It was a no win situation for me, the buyer and the seller was all pissy saying I got such a fantastic deal, etc. etc.

Oh well.. now I know to fly to the location to pick up and package myself OR drive there when spending serious money!!! No more mail order 2nd hand wheels for me! NO THANKS!!!

They say you get what you pay for.. factory/vendor new sounds like the way to go from now on for me unless I can get them personally locally to see what I am getting up front!
Old 08-22-02, 01:51 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: yea well..

Originally posted by ceboyd

It was a no win situation for me, the buyer and the seller was all pissy saying I got such a fantastic deal, etc. etc.
Im lost here, aren't you the buyer?
Old 08-22-02, 01:08 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yes...

I didn't use the right punctuation.. sorry about that..

I meant to say the I, The buyer.... got this story from the seller about how I already got such a great deal and how someone offered him $100 more right after I paid him... blah blah blah..

...just a song and dance by the seller .. and I decided to take the $50 since it was obvious that I would get that or nothing and have to go through the ordeal of legal means... which I was very tempted to do based on principle but decided that I have better things to do with my life (time),