Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

My apologies to all

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-02 | 07:39 PM
pearlywhiteGS400
Driver School Candidate

Default My apologies to all

I am sorry to all that i offended in my previous post. especially Asian( there ya go JYOO. now next time try to add something else relevant to the cause)

ebruceii, thanks but not quite soon enough on the warning

ceboyd, You are probably right i think" Young " is the problem not race

gs4will Excellent reply thanks

rominl, no offense intended sorry

static911 I have had 3 problems with men whose ancestors once lived in the orient.

1, see my post "i got srewed by not2fast" $1800 flushed down the toilet

2 wanted to buy some Valeos and the guy won't get back to me

3, Got my weekend jerked around by another flake

I am not trying to start a war here but all 3 were of Asian desent

And i am a little frustrated.

ps i am considering going to see a set of wheels tomorrow that are owned by an Asian man. maybe 4 th time is a charm.

Again my aplologies to all decent young Asians on this board

Whith respect

Pearly
Old 09-23-02 | 07:50 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

I fell sorry for you man. I'm asian too, but I will be p!!sed too if somebody ripped me for $1800.00.
Old 09-23-02 | 08:02 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Pearly..

hey Bro...no problem...it takes a big man to come on board withing few hours and offer statemnts like this...after seeing your negative experience, i do understand where you are coming from...i would be pi$$ed too if i had to wait there for the entire sat eve looking forward to some new shoes...

whether it be white or any shade of color, no human race is perfect...heck, even old timers take advantage of new comers within the same ethnic group...it is truly sad, but a reality...it is kind of funny as in a similar situation, usually it is the buyer who decide not to show up...

i always believe good things come to those with patience, and would certainly wish the same for you in this case...if not, when your budget allows, i would happy to be that "not quite so young asian gent" to get you some new wheels from japan...btw, i am known for taking people's $$$, and......deliver what they paid for in the first place....

good luck

Last edited by GS4Will; 09-23-02 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-23-02 | 08:58 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

man, i thought you had your issue with not2fast resolved. sorry to hear you still lost all that.
Old 09-23-02 | 09:07 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

oh, you had that problem with RA? i just read the previous thread. I regarded him highly in this forum for his mannerisms and such. but i fully understand your comment about integrity...i would've definitely waited for you first, and if anything, gotten that other guy's number just in case. i'm asian, and would mentally die if i ever intentionally screwed someone over, so its not all of us.

i sent a vietnamese guy on CL a cashiers check for over $3500 for rims and all went beautifully, and call him a trusted friend nowadays. but get this, he sent me his rims even before i put payment in the mail.

you ran into a couple bad apples, and we all do, but let's keep the comments within. and it does takes a whole lotta guts to apologize as you did. nice going
Old 09-24-02 | 01:00 PM
Bryan
Pole Position

Default re

I'm the guy selling the Valeo, first, i'll appologized for not getting back to you.

To be Honest i was skeptical of selling my rims to you, as you know, they are used and not perfect. With the way things has been happening to you, i really don't want to bring any more bad name to Asian.

I have sold the Rims to a local buyer, he's also a CL member. His CL name is Kapdori. As him how the deal when just to prove to you and everyone on this board that not all Asian are bad.

Bryan.
Old 09-24-02 | 01:48 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

I have sold the Rims to a local buyer, he's also a CL member. His CL name is Kapdori. As him how the deal when just to prove to you and everyone on this board that not all Asian are bad.
This doesn't have to be proven anyway. It should go without saying that an entire race of people should not be stereotyped. I think Pearly understands this now.

Eric
Old 09-24-02 | 02:01 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Bryan..

i would like to command you for stepping forward like this...esp the part that you mentioned the imperction of the wheels...most would just say, i will sell them across the state line and be done with it...

to me, very simple...if it does not work out, call the buyer/seller, that is the least consideration and courtesy one could offer...
Old 09-24-02 | 02:05 PM
Bryan
Pole Position

Default re

Part of this is about me feeling guity about my decision too. I sincerely appology to Pearly. Hope everything work out for him.
Old 09-24-02 | 02:53 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I'm getting scared now about buying things online or used from someone. How could one protect himself from this type of "Bad Business". I've always thought 'all' CL members to be honest and here to help. Good Luck Bro, hope you find some new shoes from a respectable seller.
Old 09-24-02 | 03:31 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default yes...

I apologize too for any misunderstanding.. BUT I was trying to put an emphasis on YOUNG folks out there.. Youth today, In our society, seem to have an increasing lack of inegrity in all areas...

Case in point:

I was ripped off by a 21 year old.

I was stuck paying over $200 to fix a mistake made by another youngster under 25 trying to make extra money for school for improper packaging.

...yet another 18 year old scammed me out of a $30 item but I wrote it off because it was more trouble than it was worth and that dam 18year old KNEW it too!

..and I was ripped of $5 from a 19 year old to pay postage for shipping me an item that was never sent... a good scam...

I usually don't bother to complain about the small stuff BUT once it gets over $50, I start to get really pissed..

BEWARE of dealings over the 'net.... ESPECIALLY when you know the other person to be under 25 (a youngster)... and ESPECIALLY when you are unable to see the item and pick it up yourself!

sad but true!!!!
Old 09-24-02 | 05:14 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

you guys sure are running into some problem people and i'm sorry to hear that. but i'm just shy of 25 and i'll tell you that i sincerely believe i'm one of the most honest people i know. i sell my used computers and electronics locally and usually provide service or repair for as long as that person wants.

i sold a friend's rims here on CL that really weren't in perfect condition and kept talking back and forth with the buyer to address all the concerns i could.

so it sure isn't young asians, or all at least. well, i don't have to tell you about young people at least. i'm sure all your friends when they were young were good people. just rotten apples you hit
Old 10-01-02 | 09:05 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Most scammers out there are over 25... They are the old ones that make a living out of it. Younger ones are just amatuers or theives..
Old 10-01-02 | 09:24 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: yes...

Originally posted by ceboyd
I apologize too for any misunderstanding.. BUT I was trying to put an emphasis on YOUNG folks out there.. Youth today, In our society, seem to have an increasing lack of inegrity in all areas...

Case in point:

I was ripped off by a 21 year old.

I was stuck paying over $200 to fix a mistake made by another youngster under 25 trying to make extra money for school for improper packaging.

...yet another 18 year old scammed me out of a $30 item but I wrote it off because it was more trouble than it was worth and that dam 18year old KNEW it too!

..and I was ripped of $5 from a 19 year old to pay postage for shipping me an item that was never sent... a good scam...

I usually don't bother to complain about the small stuff BUT once it gets over $50, I start to get really pissed..

BEWARE of dealings over the 'net.... ESPECIALLY when you know the other person to be under 25 (a youngster)... and ESPECIALLY when you are unable to see the item and pick it up yourself!

sad but true!!!!
... why did you cap "YOUNG"........

Look at it this way, In a decade... they will be your age...

Don't bite my head off. Thanks...
Old 10-01-02 | 12:30 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default yeah well...

I'm HOPING these YOUNG folks wake up, learn their lesson and shape up.... ...Young and foolish can still live and learn... while the older crowd who scams us usally stuck in their ways and just keep scamming folks...