Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

CA Rare Rays Volk Racing GT Force Wheels with New Tires 20x9.5" Square (5x112 & 5x114.3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-15, 05:12 AM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare Rays Volk Racing GT Force Wheels with New Tires 20x9.5" Square (5x112 & 5x114.3)

I'm selling a very rare set of Volk Racing GT-Force wheels. These are similar in design to the more common GT-V model, but in 20" diameter, and with a center cap. I was using these to test fit on my R63 to see what would and wouldn't fit. This set is in almost new condition, having been only mounted to an R34 Skyline GTR that was used for show purposes several years back.

As such, they are in great condition, and are very clean... there are just two scuffs on the lip of one of the wheels. They were caused by a sloppy tire installer, and are just superficial and can most likely be buffed out pretty easily. I have included close ups of the two scuffs. Mounted on the wheels are a matching set of brand new, unused Falken FK452 tires in 245/40-20. Also included are all the original center cap components which include a cool 3-dimensional VR logo floating over a carbon fiber center (see closeup). I did accidentally lose one of the little screws used to attach the center cap mounting plate to the wheel recently. It actually fell into a big box, so I will most likely still be able to find it, but just in case I don't, I will credit the buyer an additional $5 to cover the cost of a replacement, which should be roughly $1 (see more info/pic below).

Specs on the wheels: 20x9.5", +25mm offset all around. I would estimate them to be mid-hi disk, as they should clear all but the widest brake calipers. Bolt pattern is a dual 5x114.3mm and 5x112mm. It's very hard to find a good, quality set of wheels like this in 20" and a square fitment, and especially with those two bolt patterns. Since they are the same fitment all around, they would be perfect for AWD/4Matic/Quattro vehicles, and also make for easy wheel and tire rotations.

I'm asking $3000 for the set, and am located in Sunnyvale, CA. Local pickup is preferred, though shipping can be arranged if necessary. For faster response, please email me @ vansemail (@) gmail (.) com

>>> ADDENDUM...following are answers to questions I've gotten about the wheels before:

- They are a two-piece construction, with a cast center section bolted into a forged 1pc barrel.

- The color is Mercury Silver (optional upgrade when new), which looks like a true metallic silver color...it sort of changes from a dark silver to a bright, white silver depending on how the light hits it.

- I totally neglected to take a good angle shot of the wheels to show what most people care about: the lips! I believe they were originally listed as 87mm by Volk Racing. They're a pretty decent size for the fitment. I'm including a closeup pic with a tape measure on the lips to show the actual size.

- The missing screw is used to hold the black inner part of the center cap on to the wheel. The outer silver cap then attaches to that (and the bolts on the silver cap are the ones you can see, and are just plastic, faux bolts), and is affixed by the chrome ring, which threads on to the black part. Overly complex, yes, but it seems to work. I'm including a pic of one of the screws/bolts so you can see exactly what it looks like. It's a very simple part, and if I can't find it in the box it fell into, a replacement really shouldn't cost more than a dollar...

- I'd rather not separate the wheels and tires, although if I have a serious buyer for either (who is also willing to partially split the cost of dismounting the tires), then I am willing to sell them separately.

- Shipping is not a problem, though I'd much prefer selling to someone who can pick them up locally. If you need shipping, I can look into packaging them up well so that they don't get damaged, but it'll cost a bit to do so, and for the actual cost of shipping to wherever you are. With that said, I *will* ship.

- Reason for selling is that I actually have a particular look in mind for my R63, and am looking for either a set of Leon Hardiritt Klosters, or SSR Koenigs. I'd rather avoid Work Equips, but if I can find a good set in 19" (reverse lip only) or 20" I might consider those, too. If you know anyone selling any of those, please let me know!

thank you come again

Old 06-03-15, 05:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Please get a qualified voucher to PM me.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-04-15 at 04:38 AM. Reason: vouch needed
Old 06-03-15, 06:26 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yah thanks for the heads up...I almost forgot about that. Sad part is I just hit up some old lexus friends earlier, but it seems like most aren't on here anymore. Hopefully one of the other ones still are and can get back to me and/or post here soon.
Hmmm is davegs4 still around? If i remember correctly, I imported some wheels or something for him 10-12 years ago...maybe he can vouch for me if his memory is better than mine. >HAHA<