Wheels and Tires Classifieds All rims and tires for sale belong here.

FS: 17x5 OEM chrome GS wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-03, 12:42 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow FS: 17x8 OEM chrome GS wheels

I am selling four 17x8 OEM chrome wheels that came off of my GS400. I've upgraded to 18" wheels. They do have some road rash, but are in good condition. $700.

I prefer to sell these local to the Seattle/Puget Sound area. I will consider shipping if I can't sell local.

Last edited by Craxis; 05-24-03 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-24-03, 02:22 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

They look very odd. And why does one say 7.5 and the other 8?

-Anthony
Old 05-24-03, 04:30 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

What looks odd about them? These are what came on the car from the Lexus dealership. I made a mistake on the title of the thread when I put 17x5, but it won't let me change it. These are the standard 17" upgrade chrome wheels that Lexus offered for the GS400. I still have the orignial window sticker from the dealer that shows this if you'd like to see it.
Old 05-26-03, 12:22 AM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

Here are some pictures of the 17" wheels taken a few weeks before I upgraded to the 18" wheels. These show the wheels better than the picture above.

Last edited by Craxis; 05-26-03 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-26-03, 03:42 PM
redfusion
Driver School Candidate

how much shipped to houston, tx? any close up pics of the rash?

Last edited by redfusion; 05-26-03 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-27-03, 02:39 PM
ozeki
Driver School Candidate

Are they still for sale???
Old 05-27-03, 06:29 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

redfusion: I am guesstimating about $150 for ground shipping (including packaging) to Houston from Redmond. I will try and get some close up shots of the rash with my digital camera.

ozeki: Yes, they are still available.
Old 05-28-03, 08:51 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Craxis
What looks odd about them? These are what came on the car from the Lexus dealership. I made a mistake on the title of the thread when I put 17x5, but it won't let me change it. These are the standard 17" upgrade chrome wheels that Lexus offered for the GS400. I still have the orignial window sticker from the dealer that shows this if you'd like to see it.
The wheels on the first picture are brand new with no mark at all. You know when you mount the tires on them, there's alway some mark from the tire machine. Plus the center caps, the bottom two rims are not Lexus.
Can you show us the back side of the wheels?. Some more pics. of the wheels would be nice. I know the original LEXUS CHROME WHEEL and the stamped on the back side.
Old 05-28-03, 11:48 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure what to tell you. All four of these are stamped Toyota parts on the back, pictures below. These rims only had the original tires on them. The wheels had ~19.5k miles on them when I replaced them with the 18" wheels. The original tires were so worn on the inner tread, I had them removed from the 17's. Below are the pictures of the backsides showing the Toyota stamp. Not sure what else I can do to show these are what I say they are. If you know someone in the Seattle area, I am happy to have them come by and verify. Geez, never thought trying to sell these rims could be so controversial.

Old 05-29-03, 01:57 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

why are you selling them so cheap if there real? usually the alloys go for the price ur asking.

~ Stella
Old 05-29-03, 06:13 PM
Craxis
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Ignorance is all I can plead. I didn't really know what they were worth. I saw someone else selling some stock wheels up here for about that price, but I realize now they must have been the alloys. I probably should have asked what these worth before putting them up. I don't need them, they are just taking up space in my garage. I thought that was a fair price, I guess I am short changing myself unintentionally. What would you expect a used set of chrome wheels to sell for?
Old 05-29-03, 08:17 PM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

bout a grand. thats what i paid for mine on ebay and i got screwed in my deal cuz the guy sent me one bent one. now im having a hard time gettin rid of the other three or finding just one for a decent price.

~ Stella
Old 05-30-03, 04:36 AM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Thanks for posting the pics. I think $700.00 is a good price for a set of real OEM.
Old 05-31-03, 12:14 PM
redfusion
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by VVT-i
The wheels on the first picture are brand new with no mark at all. You know when you mount the tires on them, there's alway some mark from the tire machine. Plus the center caps, the bottom two rims are not Lexus.
Can you show us the back side of the wheels?. Some more pics. of the wheels would be nice. I know the original LEXUS CHROME WHEEL and the stamped on the back side.
what are you talking about? let the guy sell his wheels...dont see how you got that from the pictures and should probably go to a better tire shop because they should not leave marks. If this was local for me i would pick them up in a second.
Old 05-31-03, 02:36 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by VVT-i
Thanks for posting the pics. I think $700.00 is a good price for a set of real OEM.
Redfusion, read my another post. I just want to make sure this is the real deal and the rims are not the replica as you see on ebay. We've seen so many CL got screwed by another member all the time.
I'm asking for the pic. of the back side of the rims to make sure they're Toyota/JJ/ 17x8/ 50 because from the center caps from the first pic they are not Lexus center cap. But Craxis bouthg his car from Toyota dealer and he can't tell the difference. I'm doing this to make it all clear between the buyer and seller. I'm not try to mess up his sell, but I just want to make sure the buyer get the real Lexus rims.
Craxis had PMed me and I'd PMed him back and he seems like an honest person and really polite.

Quick Reply: FS: 17x5 OEM chrome GS wheels