Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-03, 06:15 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JJC01 I kinda get excited for you when I see this thread bumped back up to the top of the forum list but then read and get depressed for ya pal. I too rusehed into getting wheels and was scammed for $2k. That left a bitter taste in my mouth but it was with some assbag and not a reputable company. I just can't believe this is happening. All I can say is that it is the holiday season, try to forget the wheels for a couple days and relax. Once the holidays are over then get back on those guys or at least the discover card to cancel the order. Again sorry to hear of this unfortunate circumstance but have a merry merry xmas and happy new year. We are thinking of ya man.
Old 12-29-03, 07:08 PM
jjc01
Rookie

My friends, tomorrow makes 22 weeks since the initial order, and seven weeks since I was promised expeditious handling of the missing fourth wheel… Discover has come through for me and the retailer contacted me Friday, indicated he would make arrangements to reimburse me, and informed me he was in the process of waiting for a call-back from iFORGED. I expected to receive word back from the retailer today but did not. I need to work out the details with regard to how to ship back (and have iFORGED accept delivery) the three wheels I’ve had sitting in my front hallway for seven weeks, and then I intend to order a set of HRE rims. Tomorrow I will call the retailer and ask to receive immediate reimbursement, because I just know iFORGED will suddenly become very communicative once they hear Discover Card and the retailer are supporting me, and though I was in a more forgiving mood Friday, after thinking about all the broken promises, I really don’t think I want to place iFORGED wheels on my GS any longer… I am taking tomorrow off from work to resolve this matter once and for all, so I hope to have resolution by the end of the day…
johnee78: I wish I had been smarter, and like you, consulted ClubLexus before placing my order. iFORGED’s absolute indifference to this situation not only surprises, it astounds me! In all seriousness, I’ve never received such shabby treatment in my entire life…
TturboPimp/Downtown: Thanks for the words of encouragement, and for hanging in here with me for so long. I really think this epic is coming to an end soon, as I’m beginning to get that “light at the end of the tunnel” feeling; God love Discover Card!
legendary: Thanks for your comments, especially with regard to what I’ve written. I have been completely accurate in every posting and let the facts speak for themselves. I really believe in the saying “what goes around comes around.” This issue will resolve itself soon, and if I wasted 22 weeks only to have to start again with another company, it’s probably for good reason. To be honest, I keep wondering how long I would have to wait if I damaged a wheel (even though its never happened to me) six months from now, and that prospect alone makes me think the non-delivery of the fourth wheel was as they say “a blessing in disguise.”
nextlevelcoupe: I agree with you 100%. Their products are beautiful…
Until the next time my friends, I hope you had a great Christmas, and wish you the best for the coming New Years Day holiday…
Old 12-29-03, 08:28 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For all your troubles, you deserve to sit back and just order a set of HREs.
Old 12-29-03, 11:33 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Whats worse is iForged is a registered member of this forum. Do they have NOTHING to say for themselves? At this point, for them to post, it'd probably be a losing battle but still... a rep over at iForged could have posted anytime during this 10 page thread.

Its weird, cause iForged posts at other message boards... but I guess it's only to accept praise.
Old 01-03-04, 08:31 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Friends: I really struck out this week, and have pretty much surrendered to the futility of the situation. A week ago last Friday the retailer, RDM Wheels, after being prompted by Discover Card, sent me an email asking if I had received my last wheel. After passionately giving them a status, they told me they would give me a refund the following Monday (30DEC03). I indicated I would accept the last wheel if it was ready to ship, and if not, would need instructions and a return authorization from iFORGED so I could return the three wheels I’ve had sitting in my front hallway since 10NOV03. I never heard back from RDM wheels, and have since sent two more emails indicating I would like the refund and authorization to return the wheels back to iFORGED, so I can end the ordeal; no response. Since RDM Wheels had not responded to my emails from this week, I sent iFORGED another email (in case your wondering why I send emails instead of calling, its because Discover Card wants everything in writing) asking for a status. On 18DEC03 iFORGED advised the pieces were at the chromer and ready, upon being returned to iFORGED they would be assembled and overnight expressed mailed after allowing two days for the sealant to dry. Yesterday’s email from iFORGED advised the wheel pieces are still at the vendor; in other words, no progress since 18DEC03, a situation attributed by iFORGED to the holiday season… I spoke to two Discover Card representatives yesterday, the first advised my acceptance of three of the four wheels last November, translates into some sort of acceptance of the process on my part. She also quoted RDM’s “no refunds” policy, which RDM provided to Discover Card. As a result, it appears in the eyes of Discover Card, the "no refunds" policy absolves everyone (Discover Card, iFORGED and RDM Wheels) of any further responsibility or accountability for unending delays, and what I consider non-delivery. So, in essence, even though I was told there would be a four to six week wait (and its been more than 22), because RDM Wheels has a “no refund” policy, there is nothing Discover Card can do regarding a refund, as long as RDM or iFORGED continue to tell Discover Card they are doing their best to get me the last wheel. I called Discover Card back again later yesterday afternoon and spoke to different account representative who was much more sympathetic, indicated he would see if he could get this issue moving again and would pursue the refund issue as well: Thank God!
So that’s where it stands: no end in sight, and certainly no sense of urgency on anyone’s part as well. It would be interesting to know if “no-refund” wheel retailers would agree in writing prior to the sale, to give a consumer back their money if the delivery date exceeded twice the quoted time frame. In not much more than a week, this process will have taken FOUR TIMES as long as I was quoted, yet there doesn’t seem to be any way I can terminate this lemon of a deal, so far…
NEO: Thanks for the support. I thought I was there, and was going to be able to end this nightmare once and for all, but as you’ve just read, it was only another instance of me being “baited” then disappointed…
Mr. Who: I agree. If someone (or a company) participates in a forum, to maintain credibility, they must follow-up/take-action on their comments or promises in a timely manner. I can’t explain the “why,” but time has shown iFORGED is incapable of getting even one wheel to me in the maximum amount of time they and their retailers still quote for four wheels. Your comments about iFORGED’s participation in other forums are well made and most interesting. Maybe I should take my case to one of the other forums to get a more acceptable explanation from iFORGED “on the record”… Thanks very much for your comments.
If there is any good news, it’s the fact that the second rep I spoke to at Discover Card reversed the position of the first rep I spoke to yesterday. As a result, Discover Card is going to continue to carry the balance (minus the accommodation received last September) of the full amount I was charged by RDM Wheels, so I don’t have to pay for it for another month…
Take care everyone, and best wishes for the coming year.

Last edited by jjc01; 01-03-04 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-03-04, 02:36 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have Discover issue you a refund and then keep the rims until iForged sends you prepaid shipping containers or labels for the rims.
Old 01-03-04, 06:01 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Holy *****. Sorry to hear things keep going every way but yours. That second Discover rep does sound promising tho.

I've recommended RDMWheels (not vouched for) to people in the market for wheels because of their prices, and good feedback I've read.

RDMWheels is definitely not as much of a victim as you are, but seriously, what can they do? They don't make the wheels. I don't know much about the process, but I assume RDMWheels didn't give you a refund because they'd be left in almost the same situation you are. A set of wheels that they purchashed from iForged, albeit at a much cheaper price than you, and unable to send them back to iForged to get their money back.

After all the ***** you went through, I do think RDM should refund you the money, and try to sell the returned items. They might have to take a hit, but thats the risk a business takes. If anyone has to take a hit, or suffer further, it should not be you.
Old 01-03-04, 08:10 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, refresh my memory here...did UPS complete their claim process and pay to have this last wheel replaced already?

I normally wouldnt jump on the bandwagon on things like this, but you have clearly detailed each and every event along the way, so I think the CL members who give a damn should try to help out a bit. I suggest you post up the e mail address' of both I Forged and RDM Wheels so everyone that reads this post has it. I think we should swamp them with e mails from all of us stating how we feel about the treatment of you as a customer....and follow that up with the fact that we would not do business with them as a result (that is, if you actualy feel that way). I personally have thought about getting a set of I Forged as a second set of wheels, I think they are good looking quality wheels, but there is no way in hell that I would ever even remotely consider that after reading this post....and by the way, this is not the first time that I have heard these same type of complaints from both CL members and other car forums members. If I owned a company and I knew that my name was getting trashed amongst enthusiats that like to spend money, then I think I would try to solve that 1 issue to get it over with. At this point you are 1 angry customer, 1 lost customer for future purchases...if we all voice our dissapointment, then it multiplies that worry indefinitely. And the bottom line is this is not only a dissapointment for you, but a dissapointment for many other members who were planning on buying a set of I Forged wheels.

The way that this has been handled is the definition of poor customer service, poor being a mild description. This may not be on the hands of I Forged or the Vendor 100%, some of it is on UPS, but the bulk of it is on them and their reluctance to solve the problem. Its the old idea of we got your money, so who gives a **** about you now...pssst...by the way, we have a no refund policy...so your we really got you by the ***** now!!

Post those e mail addys, I would be glad to let them know how I feel as a consumer.
Old 01-03-04, 09:03 PM
00GS400L
Driver

I am with the PIMP... let them know that this is getting out and see if they are willing to settle it once and for all.
Old 01-04-04, 12:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh man, this is a real joke.... i thought it was going to be all over but now we are back to the beginning basically nothing? this is crap..... i have to say, iforged service is beyond poor, it's basically ridiculously stupid. i can understand that they are super busy and have a lot of money to make, but using that as an excuse not to answer other people's email / phone would be the last thing i expect when i spend couple grands buying stuff.

and it's really surprising that iforged doesn't even repond in this thread at all. the member iforged (vincent) comes here sometimes, and obviously he reads this forum, he could have come in and at least say something. maybe he doesn't even know what to say? sigh....

and i agree with jeff here. if you post up their emails, i will make sure i send emails to them as well in the strongest tone possible. heck the way i see it. if they are here to ignore your emails anyway, they are not going to be bothered by our emails already. so why not fill out their mailbox so they don't even hve to worry any of the MORE important emails, right?
Old 01-04-04, 12:50 AM
shaneheber
Driver

I got my Iforges in about 18 weeks, they had originaly told me 6 weeks.......but it was worth the wait, even doe i nearly pull all my hair out waiting........
Old 01-04-04, 12:57 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by shaneheber
I got my Iforges in about 18 weeks, they had originaly told me 6 weeks.......but it was worth the wait, even doe i nearly pull all my hair out waiting........
how long ago was that, and what kind of iforged rims specifically?
Old 01-04-04, 07:37 AM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe
how long ago was that, and what kind of iforged rims specifically?
Looks like he ordered 19" Flux
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=105977
Old 01-04-04, 08:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,464 Likes on 1,617 Posts

The entire order was never delivered as promised. I say a lawyer would get you out of this deal in a heartbeat. But I get the feeling you don't want out of the deal because you already have so much time and emotion into it, and because, I assume, the other 3 wheels look great.

But you're a way more tolerant person than I am. I would have given up ages ago and sought legal action.
Old 01-04-04, 04:03 PM
jjc01
Rookie

TturboPimp/00GS400L/rominl: Yes, UPS did finish their investigation, but in all honesty, they did not share their results with me, because I am not considered to be the party that sustained the loss; iFORGED is. I do know the wheel was insured for $750, that it was never delivered, and so it doesn’t take much in the way of an extrapolation to speculate that iFORGED was covered for the loss. I very much appreciate your suggestion about writing iFORGED and RDM Wheels about this case however, while I have not retained legal counsel at this point, I have consulted with one. I was concerned about what I could and could not write at this web page, and while I was told I could state facts, I was cautioned about “spamming” their email addresses, or writing anything that encouraged others to represent me with RDM or iFORGED, so I would ask that no one write either company on my behalf at this point in time. I do think I’m at the point where I need to retain legal representation, as “bitkahuna” has mentioned, and certainly will discuss your suggestion with him. As far as the wait, it seems unfathomable to me for any company not to give a higher priority to a case like this, but in reality, while there is plenty in the way of promises and talk, as we have all seen, there is very little in the way of bottom-line results. Vince always responds to my emails in a very timely and courteous manner, but the closure/delivery just never seems to occur. I find it fascinating that iFORGED and its retailers can still, without caveat, quote four to six weeks as the waiting time for a set of four wheels… Like you, if this was my company, I would have personally taken the issue on long ago, prioritized its position throughout the process so that it could be favorably resolved as soon as possible, and maintained a regular form of pro-active and encouraging communication. This sort of thing is the primary responsibility of “customer service” representatives… I can’t help but note there is absolutely no priority given to this case, as iFORGED can’t get one wheel to me in the amount of time they/their retailers tell prospective buyers they can get them four… I’ll stop belaboring the point, and just acknowledge the fact that I am at their mercy for the time being, and though I have a couple of organizations looking into the issue, I may need to start paying someone for bottom line results…
shaneheber: I’m curious, what type of explanations or status reports were you getting over the course of your wait, and were they accurate accounts?
bitkahuna: You bring up an excellent point. I did consult with a lawyer a while ago, and was told it would cost me between $250 and $500 to have him represent me. I was instructed to try to cancel the order through my Discover Card, which I did immediately, and to engage the Better Business Bureau, which I did not do until last week. Originally, I was willing to wait for the fourth wheel, as I had been led to believe that it would only be a couple of weeks; after all, I wasn’t waiting for four wheels, I was waiting for only one, and that one would receive expeditious handling. As the weeks between 10NOV and now passed, I realized my trust had been misplaced, and I employed a steady and measured increase in my efforts to resolve the issue, and am now at the point where I have stated in writing to Discover Card and RDM Wheels, that I want to cancel the order, have everyone back their money, and that I am willing to pay for the freight to ship back to iFORGED, the three wheels I have sitting in my front hallway. At this point you may be correct and I may need a lawyer to represent me, but I think I’m going to give the Better Business Bureau a chance to finish their inquiry, though such inaction on my part may make me an even bigger fool
Again, I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions and offers of support. I am most appreciative and give everything you write a great deal of consideration...

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED