Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-04, 04:41 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damned shame!
Old 01-06-04, 04:11 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Default Lap Counter:

It has now been:

- 23 weeks since the original order was placed
- 8 weeks since the single replacement wheel was promised expeditious handling...

In my wildest nightmares, I never would have imagined....
Old 01-06-04, 05:17 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I can't even imagine what you are feeling. Almost as bad as when I got scammed for 2k. What is up with IFORGED, have they contacted you at all. I would call them every day and ask them what is up. They will get sick of hearing from you and get the job done I think?
I am thinking of ya man just feel so bad.
Old 01-06-04, 06:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Lexis11
I can't even imagine what you are feeling. Almost as bad as when I got scammed for 2k. What is up with IFORGED, have they contacted you at all. I would call them every day and ask them what is up. They will get sick of hearing from you and get the job done I think?
I am thinking of ya man just feel so bad.
well the problem is they don't even answer the phone at all
Old 01-06-04, 07:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I hate to say it, but like many others, when i see this thread get bumped up, I click on the last page hoping to see pics of some wheels on a car, and i see nothing. I know how bad I feel when i see nothing, so I cant even BEGIN to imagine what this ordeal must be doing to you!!

I hope it is over soon and justice is served!
Old 01-06-04, 07:54 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doh, their website says Out of Business.
Old 01-06-04, 07:55 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J/K

Old 01-06-04, 08:48 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

You know their is some good news in all of this! jjc01 hasn't cracked and posted any messages from the shrink ward ..........................................................................yet!

Hang in their Bro.

DT
Old 01-06-04, 08:50 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Hermosa
you would think that were true,considering how they have chosen to deal with this customer- they may as well be out of business -to the customer!!

Last edited by nextlevelcoupe; 01-06-04 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-06-04, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Hermosa
man i almost slipped from my chair
Old 01-07-04, 11:37 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Lexus11/RominL/Downtown/NextLevelCoupe: I really can’t express how much I appreciate your comments and continued support. Your sincerity comes through loud and clear. Thank you.
Funny that you asked about the frequency of my contact with iFORGED Lexus11, because yesterday I received my first unsolicited status from iFORGED. Vince advised my wheels (the ones that have been ready at the chromer since 18DEC03) are expected to be delivered to iFORGED tomorrow (8JAN03), so there is some, albeit painfully slow, movement again… As RominL pointed out, having someone respond to my written communications has been a problem in the past for me, but primarily with RDM Wheels. Vince always answers my emails in a timely and courteous manner; unfortunately, often there was simply no change in the status he had given me before. RDM Wheels’ MO has been silence when I ask the difficult questions, and then a status check some time later (and as if I had not written them in the interim) when they were prompted by Discover Card, who they seem to respond to immediately…
Dgot20s: Thank for your support also. Sometimes I hesitate to write because I fear good folks like you are getting sick of hearing about this issue, and quite frankly, I wouldn’t blame you in the least. Because of non-delivery I have spent more hours than you can imagine, asking for status checks, my money back, photocopying documents, writing correspondence back and forth to Discover Card, as well as writing the Better Business Bureau in LA, and I can tell you this ordeal makes me so sick at times I don’t want to think about it; and they are my wheels!!! Like you, folks at work think it’s a joke, and I actually brought one of the wheels into the office about two weeks ago so the 20 or so enthusiasts (there are quite a few that have custom wheels themselves) I see daily won’t start to think I just made up the whole story of ordering new wheels. I have to admit, even to me who has been intimately involved at every turn, it’s hard to believe that it could actually take this long: and it not even over yet! So Dgot20s and all my other friends who continue to support me in this venue, thank you for listening because you all really do make me feel better about it, and I swear to God this forum has been as good as any psychologist could have been with regard to helping me keep my sanity…
Hermosa: My reaction was similar to RominL’s. I read your post, thought holy s_it!, minimized this window as I opened another browser, typed in iFORGED.COM as my heart pounded, came back to this thread to read more as I waited for the other browser to arrive at its destination, saw your follow-up post and laughed my butt off. Thanks for giving me not only the best laugh I’ve had since New Years, but a smile that lasted for hours as well. That my friend was perfect J
NextLevelCoupe: Though I’ve talked about it before, I truly will never understand how any company who wants to remain in existence, could be so apathetic to its customers. The progress of this purchase has been unbelievably tedious, and unlike anything I’ve experienced in my entire life. Even if we were to just focus on the aspect of replacing the last wheel, in other words, what’s transpired in the past eight weeks, its obvious that there is simply no sense of urgency, concern, or recognition of a need to expend a little extra effort. If something like this had happened at my office, I guarantee you my boss would have been tracking it, made one of us get in a car on the 18th of December, drive to the chromer’s shop and pick up the pieces for that one wheel so it could be assembled and shipped-out as soon as possible! I can only guess that such a glaring lack of customer service is due to the fact that they consider me (my business), and I assume regular folks like me, expendable. In other words, if they lose my business, so what? The fact I find even more interesting however, is that when they fail to act, and I ask-out, they won’t let me because they have a “no refund” clause. I can help but wonder if they need that clause more often than other manufacturers making quality wheels these days. This thread has always been a matter of the “when.” I’m sure it’s coming, and I’m delighted I’m no longer being given “false alarms,” but how long should a consumer have to wait before they can get out of an agreement the other party has not honored…? I’m now more than 23 weeks into an order that was supposed to be 4 – 6 weeks…
Downtown: As I mentioned above, great folks like you have helped me back, every time I inch my way towards the edge, and I sincerely thank you all. To be honest, the wait has been so ridiculously long I’ve lost the excitement I should have about getting new wheels and pretty much become unemotional (unless someone busts my chops at work about it now. At this point, either Discover or the BBB will get the deal cancelled and I will order new wheels or iFORGED will beat the processes established to protect consumers at Discover and BBB and the once (I no longer take them at their word) agonizing ordeal will finally be over. Even if I end up getting the last wheel from iFORGED, I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t admit I kind of feel like a guy who interrupted his girlfriend while she was sharing herself with another guy: She’ll still look as beautiful as ever, but it will take a long time, if ever, to forget, or feel the same level of pride or passion…
Stay healthy my friends. Thanks again for your continued support and interest. Something good is going to happen soon; I can feel it!
Old 01-07-04, 12:15 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

In life their are some things you can buy and some things you can't. Mr jjc01 you've got the one thing you can't buy and that's CLASS. The way you've handled yourself through this whole ordeal is simply astounding.

We're all better here at C.L. because of guys like you!

DT

Last edited by Downtown; 01-07-04 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-07-04, 03:26 PM
00GS400L
Driver

You have handled this like a true professional. Most people in this situation would not have shown the level of professionalism that you have.
Have they given you a date for when it will be delivered to your door? If it is in fact being shipped from the chrome shop, they should be able to give you a date, but this might be asking a little much from such a customer service oriented business.
Good luck,
Dean

Last edited by 00GS400L; 01-07-04 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-07-04, 04:57 PM
LexFather

I too, saw this bumped and thought the end was here. I know now 2 people that will not buy I-forged wheels (money in their hand) because of this thread. jjc01, this is downright ridiculous. BUt I am not surprised. Customer service, IMO everyone has gone down the tubes everywhere. On top of this, when something happens, NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE. Everyone has the attitude "not my problem".

This is with not just I-forged, UPS, RDM and DIscovery. They are all part of the problem. BTW, I don't think e-mails hold as much weight in court as a written letter.

Truly sad.....You seem to be holding your head up and EXTREMELY mature about this situation (being the bigger man).

Me, ya'll would have read about someone getting an inanimate object shoved up their candy **** on CNN....
Old 01-07-04, 05:00 PM
LexFather

because yesterday I received my first unsolicited status from iFORGED. Vince advised my wheels (the ones that have been ready at the chromer since 18DEC03) are expected to be delivered to iFORGED tomorrow (8JAN03), so there is some, albeit painfully slow, movement again
If the rims no here by tomorrow, I link this page on all 5,000 auto forums I am a member of. This madness must stop.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED