Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-04, 05:48 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something definetely needs to be done!(there is strength in numbers)- this is of course,inexcusable service...but,jj you are a true class act my friend-i admire the way you've handled your situation....i too was a prospective customer to iforged, i loved the iforged aero's and can't think of another rim i would want for my car ,but this post points me in another direction...good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-07-04, 06:03 PM
legendary
Racer

I too, have kept a watchful eye on this thread. I am insulted at how you have been treated, and I must say I too am impressed with your patience of Job. They will pay for it in the end. They have picked the wrong folks to mistreat.

Good luck, I, along with the rest of the guys here, are pulling for you.
Old 01-07-04, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
If the rims no here by tomorrow, I link this page on all 5,000 auto forums I am a member of. This madness must stop.
ok, not trying to be sarcastic, but am i the only one having the feeling that sick you can start doing that now?
Old 01-07-04, 10:06 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

Power to the people! What goes around comes around!.

What can I do to help other than tell everyone I know about IForged's exceptional customer service.

I Forged You messed up with the wrong people

DT
Old 01-07-04, 10:47 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick..may i just ask how did you manage to find ALL 5000 auto forums on this planet??

sorry not mean to jack this thread
Old 01-07-04, 10:52 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

Only if we could get the guys who send out SPAM to help us!

DT
Old 01-08-04, 12:05 PM
LexFather

ok, not trying to be sarcastic, but am i the only one having the feeling that sick you can start doing that now?
Dang, that is funny, not in a funny way, but funny.
sick..may i just ask how did you manage to find ALL 5000 auto forums on this planet??
Links from one site to another mostly. I search a forum from time to time. But I'd say 95% of the forums I have joined is b/c of a link one had. And it's usually some misinformation about Lexus. Some people think the GS is based off the Avalon for instance......

I get PMs too from people that start sites or have sites and want my input. This started about 6 months ago. They know they WILL get an honest opinion.

Anyway, wating to hear from jjc01.....(fingers crossed)
Old 01-08-04, 12:34 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
I've waited 10 months for my Zauber Gettins, and they're still not here yet
theres a guy down in houston selling his gettins. goto regional forum -> southwest -> white gs zauber gettin U.H (something like that, he posted that he sellin his rims) BTW i've seen his car in person rims are perfect condition
Old 01-09-04, 12:36 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Default More of the Same...

Downtown/00GS400L/1SickLex/NextLevelCoupe/Legendary/Romanl: Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am truly humbled. I will acknowledge that I carefully consider every sentence I write because I want to maintain 100% accuracy so I will not diminish in any way the credibility of this Club, its Forum, and most importantly, the confidence of great guys like you that need to know you can trust, as the truth, everything I’ve written. You guys have been incredibly supportive and funny (IE Sick’s recent comment about the inanimate object, which had me laughing my butt off again) and deserve the credit for me keeping it accurate, professional, and generally unemotional, because if not for your support, I truly would have lost it a long time ago… I believe 1SickLex is correct that the level of customer support in most places has dropped over the past few years, and that is why certain companies stand-out among the rest, and others ultimately fail. I do find it rather unique to iFORGED however; that a company that produces such fine merchandise, can be so woefully lacking in the customer service dept, and do on occasion fear they will go out of business before my last wheel ever arrives. I’ve been browsing some other car club’s forums over the past week, and noted complaints about iFORGED’s delivery problems with folks in those forums also, so it’s obviously not something unique to my experience. They simply are deplorable in that regard!
joshhoowa: RE the individual waiting 10 months for the Zauber Gettins, I know the foreign made wheels take a lot longer than the ones made in the US, but how long was he told he would have to wait for his?
Here’s the latest of what’s been happening: I spoke with the LA Better Business Bureau today, and even though I filed a complaint via the Internet two weeks ago, they have no record or my submissions. The BBB folks were really decent, couldn’t explain what had happened, other than a potential computer glitch, but were nice enough to immediately take my complaint telephonically. I now have a serialized complaint filed, and the LA BBB has confirmed that fact with an email. I spoke to the Discover Card folks twice again also. First time they told me they were still waiting to hear something back from RDM Wheels (no change from last week) and the second time was for me to notify them that I would be returning my Discover Card in the mail (in pieces) and closing the account, if this issue is not resolved by Wednesday 14JAN04. At that point, I will have been waiting 24 weeks since the initial order, and 9 weeks since I was promised expeditious handling of that one wheel. So, the bottom line is, another week has passed and there is absolutely progress to report. From what I understand, as of yesterday, the wheel that has reportedly been ready at the chromer since 18DEC, is still there, and apparently has not moved an inch closer to iFORGED since then. Seems pretty basic to me, iFORGED needs to send someone to pick it up, since the chomer isn’t exactly breaking records with the speed of their delivery, but apparently that isn’t a consideration… Bottom line on this folks is that it’s been so long it surreal. I will continue to hope Discover Card or the BBB will extricate me for this obligation, and if not, eventually some day, I’ll get the fourth wheel. I’m going to give the BBB a little time before I hire a lawyer, and while I’m not encouraging spamming, I certainly don’t object to any of you telling your friends, or identifying the link so they can learn of my experience for themselves… Best wishes for your weekend my friends. I’ll stay in touch!
PS: By the way, Sick, love the photos of your car on the club’s home page…
Old 01-09-04, 03:25 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jjc01

this is my first post

i have read all the pages and just can't believe it

my heart goes out to you

you must have the patience of a buddhist monk

i hope next time i read this thread you will have received your 4th and final wheel

good luck jjc01
Old 01-09-04, 04:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

man, i don't mean to be sacarstic, but when i saw this thread bumped i actually treated it as an "update" rather than an "end". it's actually not surprising to me that iforged hasn't moved the rim by an inch nor are they intending to imho... this is just plain stupid. see, you say you have pretty good contact with iforged (vince). now if that's the case, why didn't he just tell you last week that they will be picking up the wheel from the chromer in 6 months, but instead lying to you saying that it would be done the next day? that's what i don't understand. and obviously no apologies, no update, nothing. i don't know about others, but when i trade with people, i keep them updated on everything, and i stick to it. if i miss any deadlines, etc... i just straight out tell the guy sorry and apologize. this is the way to do business and to resolve issues.

i am not sure how much BBB will be able to help you though, i thought they have declared that they are just going to be a neutral third party associations who try to establish a connection between you and the vendor? at least that's how i see it. and obviously to me, iforged is having connections with you, except the fact that all connections are faulty and nothing but BS. so i wouldn't really give "more" time to BBB. i mean, you are the one paying, why do you have to be the one who's waiting?

i think you did an incredible job today of calling discover and simply state that they'd be receiving your card back if this is not resolved by the certain date. let us all recap the time frame here, 24 weeks? that's 6 months? and 9 weeks? that's more than 2 months? what kind of joke is this? you all know i got hre on my gs4 now, and while i can't disclose the exact time for my delivery, i can tell you it was done in a FRACTION of the time you stated and they delivered the wheel exactly the date they promised when i ordered them. while i agree that the service by hre is fabulous and among the top, but there is still no excuse for iforged to do what they have done (or what they have NOT done at all to be precise).

personally, i don't know about you, but as i have told you before, if i were you, i would make it very clear that i don't care if the 4 wheel show up at my doorway tomorrow morning, i would promptly tell discover that i am returning all wheels and get refund, period, simple as that. just imagine what if you accidently damage the wheel later and need repair? what, another 24 weeks? i am the kind of person who will rather spend 2 times the money to have quality stuff (but product and service, mind you), rather than a cheaper price for some crappy stuff. the way i see it, if i spend money i want to spend them happy and satisfied.

my bottom line, if you put it in a simple way, is this. you pay the money, you want a product, you are the one waiting, you are the one struggling, you are the one going out for all the sources, you are the one updating us, you are the one who's not DEMANDING something, while to them, they are the one who got the money, they are the one who's smiling, they are the one who don't care, they are the one who's rich, they are the one who's fooling you. do all these make a single sense to you? if yes, then the waiting game should continue. if no, then the wheels will never go on your car no matter what.

oh and being a moderator on another acura forum where a lot of people say that iforged is good stuff and they haven't heard horror stories about iforged, they are going to hear one tonight.

and to iforged (which i am not surprised if they are reading), you just dig a whole for yourself on clublexus imho. you guys might be making quality products, i don't know but from what manaray told me you guys are, but you guys should go back to school and learn how to spell "customer service". most people on clublexus are not those whining kids like what you guys refer to as in other forums. we are grown ups and we have the money if that matters. if you can't even put up the simplest acceptable customer service for people like us, i don't see you guys any better than those thieves stealing money from others. don't try to come to me and say this is an insult, you are the one who's insulting us. (as a matter of fact, i am so tempted to make this thread sticky)

man i am on a roll today.
Old 01-09-04, 08:05 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah..what he said!!

You should be on a roll, this is absolutely rediculous. If it were me, my lawyer would be making the calls...I know that costs more money, but damn...its the principle of the whole thing now. I agree, I wouldnt put those wheels on my car no matter what. If I ended up with them when it was all said and done, I would sell them. Putting them on the car at this point is giving I Forged free advertisment, you would be out of your mind to advertise for them.

In my opinion, I Forged is straight up foolish! As a company, the cost incurred by you to replace this wheel is so minimal.... its rediculous for them to take the chance of losing countless numbers of sales because they are too stubborn to replace 1 freakin wheel in a timely fashion...A WHEEL THAT WAS PAID FOR!!!! This is a Lexus forum, there are guys on here that will spend money...guys that have rediculous amounts of money spent on their cars....including myself. This is not the market that they want their name drug through the mud with. They have no idea on how many people from other forums have read this thread, they have no idea on how many people decided to go with your competition because of this thread. I know there are some Viper people on this forum, being the friend that I am, I turned them onto this thread....needless to say, I seriously doubt that they would ever roll the dice with I Forged. There are also a number of people on here from the Supra community, so add that group to your list of bad publicity. Word of mouth can be a *****!

I Forged looks like they have great products...too bad they are doing this to themselves...and their customers.
Old 01-09-04, 08:07 PM
jjc01
Rookie

T.L.W.: Thanks very much for you comments and for taking the time to read this rather exhaustive account.
Rominl: Thank you for writing such a thoughtful, passionate and comprehensive post. I do not disagree with anything you stated. It's not quite that simple however, and to give a little perspective, following is a verbatim email (minus the header and the individual’s name) I received from RDM Wheels on 26DEC03:
“John,
I did receive a call from Discover regarding the chargeback - I would like to just refund your money through our online bank if that is ok (it will happen quicker this way for you) I will be talking with Discover on Monday when the rep is back at the office. I will get the refund sorted out for you - its the least I can do!
I must once again apologise for what has been a very dissapointing experience with us, we have never had problems delivering a product like we have with your order.
And while it is a little out of my hands I still feel responsible - so I will get with discover and get your refund in the works on Monday and perhaps some time in the future you may consider purchasing something with us that is IN STOCK!!!! - LOL.
I will even send you a set of wheels at our cost if you like!
I will be emailing you Monday with the details from Discover and arrange for them to be picked up.” (end)

I immediately responded to RDM and indicated if the wheel was ready to ship within a couple of days I would accept it, but if not I want to continue with the “charge back.” I subsequently sent two additional emails early the following week, indicating I had heard nothing back, and wanted to proceed with the charge back but RDM has not since responded to me or Discover Card. In my last emails to RDM and in my conversations with Discover Card I have asked them to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RAN) for me, and have clearly stated that I am willing to ship the three wheels back to iFORGED AT MY OWN EXPENSE. My problem is I cannot return the wheels without the RAN. Believe me: if I could, I would. I did screw-up several times by taking folks at their word when they made a promise, and should have engaged the BBB much sooner because even if they are unable to resolve the issue, I would have exhausted all my “consumer” options, and at that point pursued the litigant option by retaining an attorney. Rominl, I sincerely do appreciate your sincere and heartfelt advice. You are absolutely right-on the money in what you’ve said, and as far as I’m concerned, at this point, if anyone wants to further disseminate this thread, they are welcome to do so. Thanks again my friends.
Old 01-09-04, 08:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well i would definitely do everything i can to keep this thread clean. we (me, jeff, you, and couple others) are definitely talking about what we can in a professional way i would say, so it's all good. i don't want to see any ugly bashing here. do it but do it in a nice way.

so don't tell me that RDM wheels are now running away as well? frankly i dont' see them as a stand up company too. yeah their email sounds pretty helpful, sincere, and nice, but where are they when you need them most (aka this week)? imho these companies should all go....

man i really hope you can get your money back asap... basically if you ask me, i just want my money back. to me it's iforged's responsibility to get the wheels back from you. i dont' see why you should worry about sending them back, especially when they haven't given you the damn money. put it in a sacarstic way, maybe when you get the RAN and send back the wheels, it will take another 6 months for them to send you back the money for 3 wheels? i won't be surprised
Old 01-09-04, 09:13 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I immediately responded to RDM and indicated if the wheel was ready to ship within a couple of days I would accept it, but if not I want to continue with the “charge back.”
jjc......I cant believe you didnt jump all over the whole "we will refund your money" comment. The more you keep the door open with comments like the above quoted, the more they view you as a customer that can be put off "a little" longer. You NEED to put your foot down immediately, stop giving them the idea that you are willing to wait longer...I dont care if its ready to ship in 6 hours. You already know that 99% of the info your getting is BS, so now its time for you to be the irrate pain in the *** that calls them every hour on the hour. You may be too nice for your own good at this point. Trust me, Im not putting the blame on you for any of this, but dig in on them as much as you can....ultimately this may or may not help the progress, but nothing else is working!

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED