Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 10:34 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
released some disturbing information about their 3 piece wheels, and how they aren't exactly 3 piece wheels
Thats funny I heard somethign about that as well once, it was something like the 3pc models cannot be disassembled!
Old 01-11-04, 02:36 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

jjc01 I am checking in again and cannot believe the popularity of this thread. The mod family we have on the internet is a powerful force and can prove deadly to any company that treats customer's in this manner.
I just can't understand how no one from IFORGED has even jumped into the thread to defend themselves or at least send a SPONSERED MEMBER in to explain.Either way it is too late and IFORGED is junk.
Old 01-11-04, 02:53 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Heres another recent story from IS300.NET. The customer was told the wheels were complete and ready to ship. Read on

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...ght=#133819955
Old 01-11-04, 03:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by mr who
Heres another recent story from IS300.NET. The customer was told the wheels were complete and ready to ship. Read on

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...ght=#133819955
Thats the one thing about bad press, it spreads QUICK!! Hopefully iForged turns their business practices around, because I have never heard any craftsmanship issues, their problems are SOLELY related to management
Old 01-11-04, 03:16 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i think it's time they revaluated the management positions over there. it seems whoever is in charge of sales/distribution needs to be replaced- they are single handedly destroying that company...
Old 01-11-04, 03:38 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

For those of you who don't have access to other boards. Let me tell you jjc01 experience is a hot topic of conversation!

Sad thing is this all could have and should have been avoided.

DT
Old 01-11-04, 03:47 PM
LexFather

Hopefully iForged turns their business practices around, because I have never heard any craftsmanship issues, their problems are SOLELY related to management
I agree, I have not heard of any complaints about the quality of the wheels, owners love them. Well, those are the owners that got 4 wheels. Hopefully, they will improve their customer service ASAP (like yesterday) and other/future companies can learn here.

Examples of people/companies we trust and have had very postive experiences with:
Steve-Carson Toyota for Lexus parts, Brandon-Tire Rack, Bob-HRE....to name a few. We give people that work hard for us business and spread the POSITIVE word.

posted here now....
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....24#post2622924

Last edited by LexFather; 01-11-04 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-11-04, 09:24 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Bitkahuna: I’ll plead guilty to the “door mat” analogy, but want to state I was very specific in my offer to RDM, that the wheels had to be ready to ship, or else I wanted the refund so I could pursue the purchase of HRE Wheels. I guess the reality is I tried to minimize the anxiety of the seemingly unending ordeal by tolerating the continued series of disappointments more than most of you would... I also acknowledge that despite how the situation angered me, there was always that glimmer of hope people in my situation cannot control; the realization that if one of the multitude of promises that had been thrown my way would come true, everything would be OK, I could enjoy the fruits of the wait and resume normalcy. Many times since I initiated cancellation actions through Discover Card I pondered the reality of the challenges that would confront me if I received the last wheel and then wanted to sell the set. For instance, how many potential buyers would there be for the wheels? What would they be willing to pay? Would the warranty transfer to the individual I sold the wheels to? What if the buyer mounted tires on the wheels only to learn they didn’t really fit on his car? What if one was damaged in shipment to or from that buyer? At what point after the sale of my wheels would I feel comfortable enough to proceed with an order for HRE wheels? So yes, you were correct in intimating there was a part of me that just wanted this thing to end; for me to get the wheels, mount them on my car, and never look back. But by the same token, to the best of my knowledge, I never intentionally did anything to delay the process, convey indifference or encourage RDM or iFORGED to be anything but truthful to me.
VegasSC400: I know you’ve been monitoring the situation and supporting me for some time and I am most appreciative.
Mace: Thanks very much for taking the link from BimmerForums and posting a reply. I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to read this lengthy post, for weighing-in, and supporting me like you did. Good luck with your DTM Kreuz rims.
NextLevelCoupe: Very interesting stories. I really believe Vince has far too much on his plate, can’t keep-up, and that is of course giving him the benefit of the doubt. There appear to be a number of folks who have had experiences where the constant has been difficulty or contradiction vice satisfaction or what was quoted prior to the sale. The difference in prices you were quoted only a week later is significant and the fact that iFORGED was discussing direct sales is yet another a mystery. For iFORGED to lose a sale to someone like you, with your established enthusiast network, compared to me is exponentially more significant a loss. Your participation in automotive activities if you were sporting iFORGED rims would have been a huge source of free advertisement that they now have apparently have lost.
1SickLex/MrWho: Thanks again for your continued and labor-intensive research. Funny what you find just beneath the surface when you start digging… Sick, I also want to highlight what you wrote about the comments made in this thread: they are based on personal experiences be they good or bad. There are some companies that receive consistently favorable feedback from their customers as well as those that don’t, and forums like this assist potential buyers in making more informed decisions.
MSBoy: First of all I have to admit you humble me with both your writing skills and the level of exposure to this issue you potentially wield. I do owe this club’s members, as well as folks like you a tremendous debt of gratitude, because you are absolutely correct when you say this was the only place I found concern or support. To be quite honest, prior to this experience, the suggestion that I may have needed a support group to endure something like this, may have made me hurl! But in all honesty, I never could have maintained my focus if not for the folks who posted replies on this thread That may be the most frustrating aspect of the wait: the broken promises and total feeling of apathy I saw demonstrated by RDM and iFORGED. In all fairness they said all the right things, and Vince always responded to my emails (unlike RDM), however they never delivered like they promised. I am going to retain a lawyer this week because, despite anything I might be told at this point in time, I feel I have no choice. This has simply has gone on far too long. The fact that someone like you, a completely objective third party, could feel the outrage I have lived with merely by reading this thread speaks volumes about my lack initiative and forcefulness on my own behalf in this matter. I sincerely do appreciate the time you dedicated to your reply, the sincerity as well as compassion you have so clearly conveyed, and for your support. Thank you, and congratulations on your soon-to-be-delivered new wheels…
Lexis11/Dgot20s/Downtown: I too am absolutely blown away by the activity at this thread, and to say that I am overwhelmed by the support of the mod family would be an understatement. I do not believe there is much iFORGED or RDM could say to mitigate this issue at this point, and I’m quite confident we would all be far more impressed by some action. For everyone’s sake, I’d like to see them turn their customer service deficiency around because, as I’ve said before, I am extremely impressed with their craftsmanship, its only their customer support I have found atrocious.
Friends: I received a work related call at home today and learned I will be out of pocket for a few days. I should have had an opportunity to consult with a lawyer by the time I return and I’ll let you know what he’s advised… Take care, and stay healthy. I for one will not lose sight of the fact that nothing is as important, or can make us as happy as our family and friends…
Old 01-11-04, 09:34 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Take care, and stay healthy. I for one will not lose sight of the fact that nothing is as important, or can make us as happy as our family and friends
...and a fourth wheel!!

This thread has been viewed over 9 thousand times, thats just on 3 forums, one being this one. Imagine how many times this thread has been past along to other forums that we dont even know about...thats alot of bad publicity....all of this, without one attempt at redemption.
Old 01-11-04, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Downtown
1SICKLEX, rominl

I want you guys on my side when I get a problem. Your the Ralph Naders of CL.

DT
well i don't know about sick, but i don't usually do this. in general i am a very nice person all around (at least i think i am) and hardly get mad or so. but once i am ticked and get mad that's not fun at all
Old 01-11-04, 10:43 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

A job well done! ...........................Isn't that what friends are for! Now... about that poor fitment problem with my LSportline roof spoiler.( Nah! let's not go there.)

DT

Last edited by Downtown; 01-11-04 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-11-04, 10:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: More Than Could Ever Be Expected!

Originally posted by jjc01
Wow! I was out most of the day, checked on the thread upon my return and was blown-away. Quite a bit of activity (to say the least) and more importantly, a lot of information to digest… I’d like to begin by saying folks at CL have been very complimentary of me with regard to how I have expressed myself on this thread, and I am very grateful, but I have to tell you from my perspective, its 1SickLex, Romanl, and TTurboPimp who deserve the credit. I have as they say, “a dog in the fight,” and that’s why I first started this thread, but these guys are expending their energy and efforts for no reason other than to help another Club member and other car enthusiasts. As you well know, it’s fast and easy to shoot from the hip, but these guys are doing time-consuming research, as well as referencing, and giving us benefit of others’ real world experiences upon which to formulate our opinions, as well as decision making processes. Downtown, Legend, Dgot20s, Lexus11, and so many others have been a continual source of strength, which makes it easy for me to maintain a positive perspective, regardless of how many times I have been frustrated with this evolution. You guys are princes!
One message has come through loud and clear over the past couple of days. Do not keep those wheels! I intend to significantly increase my efforts at canceling this order next week, and know in my heart that I would have a difficult time accepting iFORGED wheels at this point in time.
Legendary: As indicated above, I agree with your comments with regard to potentially becoming a moving advertisement for iFORGED, and how I would feel about looking at them every day after what has transpired over the past 24 weeks… I very much appreciate your support, as well as influence, and may inquire about RE Mr. Howard if I have no success locally.
Lexus11: I appreciate your continued support, and can’t help but wonder if I could have UPS return the wheels in the manner you (jokingly) described… I probably wouldn’t need a Return Authorization Number if I took that route!
3Dog: Funny that you mentioned your wife. Mine wanted me to go with HRE, with the stipulation that I agree to a six month spending moratorium. I didn’t want to agree to the last piece, and ironically, I’ve been tied up with this for almost six months now, not spending any other money because of the situation, and if I had listened to my wife I would be almost past the moratorium and have my wheels too. Needless to say, I live in shame at this thread and at home as well J
Dgot20s: I have to admit, your assessment of what has been happening (and not happening) is sobering, and quite frankly, you’ve illustrated the futility and egregiousness of this unending ordeal so clearly, I can’t help but speculate that iFORGED must think I’m a naive chump. I may have been acting like one up until now, but not to worry; that’s about to change…
1SickLex/Romanl/TTurboPimp: On behalf of me, and the folks that you continue to assist with your participation, efforts research and accurate research, I want to thank you! Your efforts have surfaced other instances of iFORGED delivery problems wherein the customers’ responses were so similar to mine, that I can’t help but think of the term Deja Vu. Repeated iFORGED customer use of words such as “promises,” “pleading,” “___day came and still no wheels.” God, how many times I have lived those words and phrases! There was one particular post I read with your assistance today that was chilling in its similarity (you remembered Romanl) to what I heard prior to making my purchase. As you may remember, I had contacted RDM Wheels because I was going to purchase BBS RSII chrome wheels. During my communications with RDM, I was introduced to iFORGED, a company previously unknown to me. I was dim-witted enough to visit the IFORGED web site, focus the majority of my time at their gallery, and did not conduct any further research myself; instead I went back to RDM for additional information. One of the sound bytes RDM used on me also was the line about RDM being the “Master Distributor” (in retrospect, I guess I really didn’t know what it meant, but damn it sounded impressive; kind of like a 10th degree black belt!) for iFORGED, and though there was never any mention of any customer service problems with iFORGED, the RDM representative was adamant about telling me he was a “Master Distributor” because they sell so many IFORGED wheels, and if I ever had a problem, RDM would get it addressed quickly! Was that a good line, or am I just a natural born sucker? I really liked the last line of that other post also, so humanitarian; “No advertising intended here…just helping out…” As I read a number of the other customer’s posts RE iFORGED, I couldn’t help but wonder if IFORGED depends solely on Mr. (Vincent) Wong to address all their customer service requirements, and if so, its no wonder that area is wanting, as I don’t think any one human being could possibly live up to that task. I immediately conjure the image of the proverbial one-armed (wall) paper hanger, when I try and imagine how one person could track, prioritize, communicate, follow-up, ensure ETAs, promises, AND, as much as realistically possible, compare customers’ real-world experiences with what IFORGED is telling their customers they should expect…
Downtown: Thank you very much for your continued and active support on this issue. I truly do appreciate the time you have dedicated to assisting me and the other Club(s)’ members and enthusiasts… I also agree with your assessment about the value (and pleasure) of having men like 1SickLex and Romanl on your side!
Vraa: Thank you for your comments, and I’m sure we all hope your friend’s wheels are delivered during the time frame he was quoted. By the way, are IFORGED retailers still quoting four to six weeks for delivery? My wife drives an E320, and I am a member of BenzWorld, so in an effort to help our MB friends, I posted a reference to this thread at their TireRack forum today.
Friends, I will not let you down, especially after you’ve expended so much energy today. I’ll keep you apprised, and cannot truly express how much I appreciate your continued support. I hope your teams won today, and wish you and your families the best for the remainder of the weekend.
well you are welcome jj, to me this is the least we could do at least. look back and you probably notice that i have been following your story since the beginning back in who knows what month it was. and you didn't see my acting like i am now at all, but i have been persistent on telling you that just get the money back and move on. well that was before i even ordered my hre, and now i read the thread, i already got over 1000 miles on my hre while you are still stuggling with getting yours (to me getting three is no where different from getting zero). that's just stupid (not you, but you know who). that's why i got pretty upset and started my post, and of course i think i got support from TT, Sick, and Bit to name a few. this is the internet if you wonder, it works magic sometimes

and about iforged, i don't really know how it works of course, but it seems like vince is the only guy doing all the customer contacts. i don't think he's the sole owner (if he's part of it) but i know he definitely gets a lot more people contacting him than he could ever imagine. but my point still remains, that it's not an excuse for all the lies and delays incurred
Old 01-11-04, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bitkahuna
jjc01 - this has been going on, what, six months now? You've given all parties involved chance after chance after chance to put it right. And chance after chance after chance you've been screwed. Einstein said that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. You are extremely polite and patient, but frankly you've offered yourself up as a door mat to be walked on repeatedly. I'm not sure why you would do this unless basically you still, despite all this, want to get a set of 4 rims, eventually.

My guess at this point is you will probably not get your money back, because you've been a willing participant in extending this saga. You will probably eventually get a fourth wheel, and you can either keep them, or sell them at a big loss, because this whole mess has probably trashed iForge's reputation.

Very sad...
good point too. for me, even if the 4th one come and put on the car, every time i walk to the car, 6 months of waiting, a million phone calls, and the name iforged would come and haunt me, why should i deal with that. i would rather sell them and stay with the stock wheels
Old 01-11-04, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mace
Hello, I saw this thread linked from bimmerforums.com and I must say, after reading 15 pages of this, I'm surprised iForged is still in business! The way they treat customers is truly none other!

I was planning on purchasing a set of iForged Flux rims after my tax return check comes in, but after reading the way they treat their customers, I'm gonna order some DTM Kreuz rims instead.

To jjc01, I feel your pain man. Look at it this way, strength in numbers counts! This thread is linked to many different auto forums so iForged will soon change their ways of handling their customer service, otherwise, they will go out of business!

And to iForged, here's something for ya, for lack of customer service!
welcome to the forum, and it's kinda amazing you read through all the pages if our act of spreading this thread on the internet does help iforged to sit down and change their own defition of customer service instead of counting the money they got from people, i am more than happy to be part of it. competitions in the industry might proves to be a good thing, but that doesn't mean us the customers have to suffer
Old 01-11-04, 10:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by nextlevelcoupe

-and to also add on to this revelation..Vince personally tried to sell me rims he "claims" he had an overstocked amount in here is the email:

We actually have a set of chrome sprints for your car currently in stock. They are a overstock and going for $n/a(omitted) plus $120 dollars shipping to you. If you want to order a new set of chrome aeros for your car the price will be $n/a(omitted) plus $120 shipping.

Regards,
Vince Wong
iForged Performance Alloys
818-245-1135

-(i omitted the prices out) but after i recieved this email i called,spoke to vince and forgetting about email,he quoted me an additional 200 dollars to the rim(1 week later). i found this very suspicious that he would even sell me(the customer) rims- directly! i informed the same- wheels boutique about this and they seemed especially surprised at this direct attempt at a sale! ...just a little more fuel for an already burning flame. one question i must ask is this,if they have distributors,how can they deal directly with the customer?
well to answer your question, you have a good point there. usually when a company they have distributors floating around selling rims for them, they should pretty much stick their own price to retail. so for example i have a product, and i have distributor a, b, and c. say my cost is 2 bucks, and i retail it for 10 bucks. usually what happens is i will sell the product to distributors at 5 bucks and then they sell for whatever they want, maybe 7 bucks.

however if a customer call me up directly and ask, what i SHOULD do is tell them to go to one of my distriibutor and get them at a "good" price, otherwise i would have to sell it to him for 10 bucks if he chooses to. this is how to set up a good relationship with distributor. you want them to keep on pushing sales for you. i mean, if they know you are selling the same stuff directly to people, why would they help you sell stuff right?

now, granted, there might be exceptions. say for example someone come to me and say that he realizes about the distributors, but he works in advertising, and in turns of getting a good price from me, i will get advertising from him. i might go ahead and sell him the thing at 5 bucks. this happens and i have seen them happening.

however, going out and sell rims directly while having distributors around? that's a first to me (btw, in case you guys wonder, i am not a businessman, i am an engineer. but i have seen a lot that i know how things work)

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED