Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 03:02 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jj, I've been silently following this thread and I must say that I am very happy that everything has worked out for you in the end. You've endured a lot and you should definately enjoy those wheels!

Also, I must say that you do have some very detailed posts
Old 01-15-04, 04:39 PM
altaf
Pole Position

Originally posted by brendanlim
jj, I've been silently following this thread ...

Me too, and many others all over the Internet have as well - over 10k views of this thread! I personally would not recommend IF to anyone and would happily send this thread as a reference. Nothing short of a full refund from IF is what I would have settled for - no way I would sport their rims after such treatment. However, this thread is about you and your struggle with IF, and I'm sincerely pleased that you are finally able to get some closure. Your demeanor in this fiasco has been nothing short of stellar - you have come out looking like gold while IF looks like doodoo brown!

Enjoy the new rims!
Old 01-15-04, 06:28 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by altaf
Me too, and many others all over the Internet have as well - over 10k views of this thread!
Enjoy the new rims!
Wow I didnt know THAT many people were on, good job to the mods once again!!
Old 01-15-04, 09:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah 10k, that's someting!

and jj, did you talk to MSBoy?
Old 01-17-04, 09:41 AM
legendary
Racer

Guys, good job. I agree this is a strong family.

JJ - glad you got your wheels, as many others have said, I am glad you got your last wheel. Enjoy it...you earned it. I do beleive some compensation is due to you however. Secondly, I am with TT, I have not read the last lengthy post (), but I will. Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I will also go on record as saying that Manaray has always been helpful to me, and as far as I know other CL brethren - my hats off to you Big Mike (Manny) for all you have done. I wish that IF was more responsible as I really wanted to get those wheels, but I have not that kind of patience. (Just being honest).
Thanks to you bro - I will keep in touch.

Sick, Romin, Dgot all hit it on the head...

Now, I will look forward to what penance they are willing to suffer for this wrong doing.
Maybe 1/2 of the wheel payment, maybe a new pair (front/rear with tires) for spares.

Thank goodness its [almost] over
Old 01-17-04, 03:43 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by legendary
Now, I will look forward to what penance they are willing to suffer for this wrong doing.
I think jj mentioned in his "resolution" post that IF agreed to credit him $1500 towards the cost of the wheel. This also happened relatively early on. I have to give IF credit for that. It still does not justify everything that jj went through. Still, there were just too many parties involved to force IF to shoulder all the blame.

Sadly, I don't know how badly this situation has damaged IF's credibility. I for one will not get a set of IF now. Their wheels seem top notch but I am not as prepared to have to deal with a similar situation.
Old 01-17-04, 08:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,399 Likes on 1,572 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
so from what i understand, jj, you basically got the rims for 1500 less than what you initially quoted for? if so that's a pretty good deal!
His car probably depreciated in value more than that during the 6 months he waited for all 4 rims.

jj - I'm really glad you finally got the 4th rim though, and hopefully they look good and run well on the car.

It's good to know about the 1500 allowance you got during the process from iForged. I'm sorry if I missed this in the Faulkner-esque posts that I admit I skimmed, when did you know you were getting money back from iForged and did you mention it in this thread prior to getting the fourth rim? If you knew about the allowance earlier but didn't post until the end, I guess I wish you'd mentioned it earlier so we knew iForged obviously felt bad about your situation and was trying to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to preserve some level of customer satisfaction.

This whole thing sounds like a comedy of errors. iForged is slow. RDM is inept. UPS screwed up. Just a giant cluster *****.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-17-04 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-17-04, 10:33 PM
jjc01
Rookie

All:

Every post I've written to date has been fairly easy, compared to the final "thank you" I've been working on, and though I didn't intend to address any more of the specifics of the order after my last post, I do need to address Bitkaunua's question about the accommodation:
I did mention the accommodation very early-on, though never the amount (I thought it might complicate issues both RDM and iFORGED may have had with other customers based on varying wait times). It was provided prior to me starting this thread, at approx at week ten, after RDM had advised me on two different occasions that the wheels were coming (both came and went) and approx one month after RDM had charged my DC for the full amount of the wheels, even though they had never shipped. This also followed the "Friday or Monday at the latest" delivery promise when I took the Monday off from work so I wouldn't have a problem with accepting delivery. The accommodation was supposedly provided for a four to six week order that was undelivered at ten, though, but fully assessed to my Discover Card approx six weeks. The accommodation is the reason, I stopped asking for my money back at week ten, and I was told at that point the wheels would come two weeks later; three of them came five weeks later. There was a lot of info in the posts and it is easy to miss a piece of the information…
I'll be posting my thank you very soon.
Appreciatively, jjc01

Last edited by jjc01; 01-17-04 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-17-04, 10:40 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Smile Conclusion, resolution, closure... (Sorry it's long, but PLEASE read - IMPORTANT)

I wanted to quote jjc's long post just so as to let you all know I was responding directly to it, but let this preface suffice as reference to that.

jjc01, your post was long, but not one word wasted! I read every letter of it (a few times, in fact) and gleaned the essence of your current disposition in direct relation to all that has taken place for the past 6 months. Let me just say that I applaud your incredible stamina and ability to stand firm and mentally intact during the travesty of injustice that you endured. That's the first round of applause. The second round of applause is more like a standing ovation! It is in recognition of your incredible depth of character during and even after this ordeal! I could blanket this post with adjectives that expound how much of a hero you are and how inspiring your mild, self-controlled conduct, in the aftermath of this thing, appears more like actions of genius rather than reactions of despair... how your upright and flawless conduct put to tremendous shame the company iForged and its ethic. However, I won't go on and on singing your praise and expressing how moved I, and all of us are by your virtues, because sometimes simplicity best expresses the most awe-inspired feelings and emotions. With that, let me say, WOW! You are a man of real CHARACTER! I can only hope to remember this experience of yours when I find myself in a David and Goliath-like confrontation, where poise and self-control ultimately will vindicate me regardless of the end result of the matter.

To all readers of this thread, let me inform you that this matter was, in fact, determined to be something worthy of television coverage! Reference my last post on this thread. I mentioned that I did have an update, but that I was awaiting jjc's word on whether or not he was monetarily accommodated or being considered for such. As it turns out, his post did reveal that he was reimbursed $1500 during, not after, the ordeal. I know how much those wheels are, since I once, long ago considered them for my ride. In fairness, that was a generous but appropriate consideration on the part of iForged. By offering jjc the $1500, they took responsibility for what was clearly negligent and inexcusable business conduct. However, please consider the following:

I look at jjc's ordeal in 2 phases: The phase before the UPS blunder and the phase after. iForged offered jjc the $1500 reimbursement before the UPS blunder. It is noteworthy that before the voluntary offering of the reimbursement, iForged forced jjc to endure 10 weeks of false promises of delivery, which included almost 2 weeks (10/27 - 11/06) of no communication with jjc, despite his constant attempts to contact them. Also noteworthy during PHASE 1 was RDM's charging of his credit card for the full amount of the wheels 20 some-odd weeks before he got them. He was promised they would only charge the full amonut upon delivery of the full order. So, what then iForged's reasoning for voluntarily offering jjc, during the first phase, $1000 and then, after more and more dissappointment (during PHASE 1), increasing it to $1500? Looking at the history of it all, it appears that it's because of the repeated false promised delivery and the irresponsible refusal to answer jjc's e-mail for close to 2 weeks. Please keep that in mind...

Finally, he gets an anonymous e-mail from what appears to be an iForged representative, followed by the delivery of the 3 wheels a few days after (10 weeks after the original 4-6 week assurance).

During the second phase (after the UPS blunder - which UPS took full responsibility for), iForged did worse to jjc than they did in the first phase!! From promising him the manufacturing of a new wheel and ASAP delivery of it (upon jjc's reporting to them of the UPS blunder) to negating that promise 3 weeks after making it, only to tell him they want to salvage parts from the damaged wheel instead, which they have made no attempt, at that point, to recover it from UPS, thus leaving jjc in a limbo of unimaginable disbelif! Then they lied to him, telling him that they never promised him a newly manufactured wheel, but instead promised him only a new centerpiece. Then RDM says they will refund his money and give him a return authorization. Not only did they not return his money, but also after making that promise, they AGAIN disappeared like vapor in a desert, not responding to any of jjc's e-mails for a whole week (12/26 - 1/12). When they finally e-mailed him, it was not to give him the return authorization number that he was promised and was awaiting (in limbo), but instead to tell him that the wheel pieces were at the chromer, which was a mute point since they already promised him a full refund and that's what he was awaiting. Besides that, they told him they were at the chromer 3 weeks before and just needed two days for the sealant to dry. So, in essence, they emerged from thier silence only to feed him a mute point and in doing so, informed him that NOTHING was done for 3 weeks of that mute argument, further exposing their already famous lack of credibility AND they are also ignoring the POINT AT HAND which was that they were going to fully refund jjc's money and give him a return authorization number.

Nine weeks of phase 2 pass before jjc got his final wheel. Nine weeks of WORSE treatment than PHASE 1 , which was a 10 week ordeal! Now, if they were conscious enough to realize that their behavior during PHASE 1 was reprehensible, inexcusably unprofessional and worthy of a volunteer reimbursement, then I am absolutely certain that they are aware that jjc merits similar consideration as a result of their behavior during PHASE 2 as it was equal to worse than PHASE 1.

With all that being said, based on jjc's last post, I am certain that he does not want to pursue anything further from iForged or RDM as he feels it would "undermine his credibility" to do so. jjc is clearly a man of integrity and genuine fine stock. I know his sort and I can only aspire to develop such character in myself and instill it into my own children, when I have some. However, let me say this to you jjc01: your credibility is a direct reflection of your character. If you did pursue it, I assure you, no one would question your credibility! Not even iForged or RDM, whether they outwardly admit it or not! It is clear to ALL parties involved, including to all onlookers of this thread, that you are BEYOND reproach and irreprehensible. From the beginning of this ordeal, you conducted yourself with the utmost of class and exemplary integrity! You are nothing short of a PIONEER in the ways of humility, integrity, patience, endurance, mildness and class! In my estimation, you've earned the adoration and respect of EVERYONE! You did not ask for the first reimbursement and you will not ask for any other considerations, though you are clearly entitled. You are absolutely a one of a kind and somehow, you will be rewarded... and somehow, I know you already know that.

Finally, let me say this: Justice does not always manifest itself in the form of a victory over a defeated adversary. Sometimes it gracefully takes a step back to allow the virtues of the true victor to take center stage along WITH the adversary... for all to look upon and make their own judgement.

Thank you jjc and congratulations on a job well done.

-MSBoy

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-18-04 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-18-04, 12:39 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Default I Am in Your Debt...

Friends: Where, and how to begin thanking you gave me the most serious pause I have encountered in preparing a post to date. To add to the difficulty, MSBoy has been posting such articulate, lucid, compassionate, and powerful posts here lately, that this one is certain to pale in comparison.
Yesterday, while my wife and daughter were still sleeping, I pulled the wheels off my GS4, taped the wheel lugs (so I wouldn’t scratch the wheels) and checked to ensure the iFORGED wheels would properly fit my car. As I studied their beautiful engineering and appearance both on and off my GS, I couldn’t help but realize that although I had finally obtained the wheels I had sought for so long, as Downtown previously implied, as a result of this forum, I was given a gift far more valuable than even this beautiful wheels; I have been blessed with a new group of caring, honorable, and dedicated friends. Sick pointed out his friendship with Legendary and bitkahuna, yet came to my assistance as if I was one of them. As he said, neither gender, nationality, personality, height, weight etc, etc, mattered! 1SickLex, TTurboPimp, Rominl, Legendary, Dgot20s, Lexis11, MSBoy, MrWho, DownTown, NextLevelCoupe, 3Dog, VegasSC400, Manaray and SoCalSC4, you completely immersed yourself in this issue, demonstrated incredible empathy and as I have said previously, came to my aid as if we had been life long friends. These individuals: SICK, PIMP, ROMANL, MSBOY, LEGENDARY, DGOG20s, DOWNTOWN, and MANARAY had to spend an indeterminable amount of time not only reading the posts, but analyzing the information as well. These folks were my champion at other websites, and explained the nuances of an extensive history issue with aplomb, yet I am certain, at the expense of many hours, and to a degree, the sacrifice of their personal lives. Yet when I would try to recognize their efforts and give them credit, they would always refocus the tribute on others. The seldom-used word gallant is an appropriate description of their efforts. Even more honorable, as MSBoy stated (and I have to admit, his writing skills and reported content always had me riveted, as well as feeling as if I was reading a message from the deity of writing himself), it should never be anyone’s objective to bring someone down, and as the posts demonstrated time after time, the goal was to report fact, be it real-time or historical, and let the reader draw their own conclusion. You guys always did! You were loyal, and complimentary to me, when it was your efforts that were in fact selfless, therefore more admirable. Your actions truly exemplify the finest qualities of “men.”
GSRADRLexo expressed sentiments I felt on numerous occasions since I started this thread: First, this has to be the best ownership club (family) anyone could possible hope to be a part of, and secondly, I am eternally touched by the outcry of support that was rendered on behalf of “one of your own.” Lastly, there is no doubt in my mind that this club’s members, and its friends from other Mod clubs, will always have their CL members’ backs covered. I think TTurboPimp put it best when he said CL is a family, a brotherhood, not just a forum. We all know you don’t pick your relatives, but I want you to know I am deeply touched and honored that you have taken me into your family. At the risk of sounding like a real wimp, I have to acknowledge, the friendship you have extended to me has on several occasions overwhelmed my emotions by prompting the deepest personal reflection, while simultaneously reinforcing my tenacity. I cannot possibly convey just how humbling your staunch and limitless support has been to me. In all sincerity, it is that incredibly impressive loyalty that continually drove me to dedicate whatever time was necessary to report to you in the most timely and accurate manner possible. Your conviction, dedication and support resulted in this thread having more than 50 different members posting more than 300 replies and there were more than 10, 000 views!

Yesterday, after ensuring proper fitment of the wheels, I ordered tires (I won’t forget your warnings about being careful about mounting), as I intend to keep the wheels. In all sincerity, I could not have done so without your support in letting me follow my heart, and I am thankful for that aspect also. Downtown’s reference to the CL members who helped make it happen, and how the wheels would make me smile, because they would remind me of the support I received here is true. I felt it several times as I test-mounted them yesterday, even though as Romanl pointed out, it was exactly 24 weeks of waiting. The positives I am taking away from this experience, singularly as a result of you, outweigh any of the repulsive feelings I harbored for so long. And while I am certain that like everything else distasteful in life, time will moderate the intensity of the unpleasant memories, I am just as confident time will not diminish the significance of your support to me, and I am eternally in your debt. Over the next week I will be sending several of you a private message of appreciation. Again, I could thank you a thousand times and not properly express my appreciation. I hope I have not overlooked anyone when I point out the following friends who posted:

AirTrackK
Altaf
Bitkahuna
BlueLex
Brendanlim
Captain Bone
DGot20s
Dingo
DownTown
DrDrilZ
Fireballs GS400
GS4ADRLexo
GS4Dougie
GS4Fun
GS430 03
GSRWILL
Hameed
Hermosa
Jpa2400
JDM Toyota Soarer
Johnee78
Johnoowa
Legendary
LexForLife
Lexism
Lexus11
LonelyToothbrush
Mace
Manaray
Methodical
MrShabo
MrWho
MSBoy
Neo
NextLevelCoupe
PaulMann76
PVMike1
Romanl
RMMGS4
Shaneheber
Seize
SexySC
SICK
SoCalSC4
Ted920
TLW
TTurboPimp
VegasSC400
Vraa
1NiceRide
1SickLex
3dog
00GS400L

I also want to thank those of you that took the (considerable amount of ) time necessary to read the thread, even if you didn’t post anything yourself.

I will continue to visit the site, but if any one of you ever have a problem, and need support, all you need do is send me a private message, and I will rally behind you with every fiber of my being. My plan is to give my GS a thorough detailing, mount the wheels, and in response to your requests, take photos and post them here...
Take care my friends, and on behalf of myself, my wife and my daughter, thank you.
Most appreciatively,
John

Last edited by jjc01; 01-18-04 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-18-04, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well, for the record i can't believe i read every single DAMN word you jj and MSBoy posted as well! haha j/k. i have to agree sincerely though, that clublexus is way past what i could ever imagine about a nationwide car club. it's way past that. it's like a family, or as you put it brotherhood, rather than just bunch of guys talking about what body kits to put on and what wheels to get. a lot of people on the forum offer tons of help and countless hours of time providing information and help to others (even strangers), and this is what i value most. it's hard to find another forum out there that's close to clublexus as far as i have seen, i really really enjoy this!

jj, we all respect your decision of keeping the wheels as long as you put them on asap and take pics for us, otherwise we will come right after you
Old 01-18-04, 12:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: I Am in Your Debt...

I'm glad to see that you have moved on to the enjoying the new wheel phase. We need to learn from the past but there is no need to dwell there.

Originally posted by jjc01
My plan is to give my GS a thorough detailing, mount the wheels, and in response to your requests, take photos and post them here...
Can't wait to share in your excitement.
Old 01-18-04, 01:55 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Closure.

Whew!!! Well, now I can finally kick back and truly enjoy this forum! As many of you know, I own a BMW, not a Lexus. To date, I have not yet found a BMW forum that can even remotely come close to Club Lexus in terms of comradery and sence of brotherhood and true fellow feeling! I am not taking anything away from the BMW forums at all. There are some really cool guys on them, but, not every site can be the BEST! I love this site!

jjc (John - now I finally know your name! LOL!) My name is Ron, by the way. Imagine I didn't even know your real name all this time, and yet I felt and still feel like we're brothers and have known one another for ever! You're a great guy! It's a real pleasure to have come to know you. If ever in the New York area, please PM me. Love to go out for a drink and have a good conversation about something other than the iForged/RDM blues.

I've made quite a few good friends here as a direct result of this thread. Namely, rominl, DGOT20s, Lengendary, 3Dog, bluelex, downtown and 1SickLex. I've held back from really getting involved fully on CL because I was so absorbed in jjc's issue. But happily it's all a thing of the past and I am looking forward to contributing to the community here and possibly even meeting some of you people in person! As I mentioned on another thread on CL, I am going to try to coordinate a Lexus/BMW meet toward the end of February or March, so maybe that will be our first opportunity! Bring the family out to NY John!!!

Till next time...

Cheers to you all!

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-18-04 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-18-04, 11:27 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

This is what shows like Dateline and 20-20 should be doing segments on. I mean think about it. A group of people, some or the majority who have never met ...... coming to the assistance of a fellow CL member who's been wronged. All thru the power of the internet! I think if it aired a lot of big and small company's would take note and learn a leason or two. And besides............. could you just imagine how great it would be seeing all those beautiful GS's cruzin the streets on national T.V.

DT
Old 01-19-04, 01:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Closure.

Originally posted by MSBoy
Whew!!! Well, now I can finally kick back and truly enjoy this forum! As many of you know, I own a BMW, not a Lexus. To date, I have not yet found a BMW forum that can even remotely come close to Club Lexus in terms of comradery and sence of brotherhood and true fellow feeling! I am not taking anything away from the BMW forums at all. There are some really cool guys on them, but, not every site can be the BEST! I love this site!

jjc (John - now I finally know your name! LOL!) My name is Ron, by the way. Imagine I didn't even know your real name all this time, and yet I felt and still feel like we're brothers and have known one another for ever! You're a great guy! It's a real pleasure to have come to know you. If ever in the New York area, please PM me. Love to go out for a drink and have a good conversation about something other than the iForged/RDM blues.

I've made quite a few good friends here as a direct result of this thread. Namely, rominl, DGOT20s, Lengendary, 3Dog, bluelex, downtown and 1SickLex. I've held back from really getting involved fully on CL because I was so absorbed in jjc's issue. But happily it's all a thing of the past and I am looking forward to contributing to the community here and possibly even meeting some of you people in person! As I mentioned on another thread on CL, I am going to try to coordinate a Lexus/BMW meet toward the end of February or March, so maybe that will be our first opportunity! Bring the family out to NY John!!!

Till next time...

Cheers to you all!
hey ron, in case you don't know my name is henry yeah we definitely LOVE to have you around too! you provide tons of help to this forum too and you are welcome to even post pics or info of your bimmer in the car chat forum, we would all love to see it. maybe one day i will get a bimmer or mb

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED