Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-04, 07:34 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jjc01
Hello friends. I’ve had PMs over the past couple of months from folks experiencing the same kind of difficulties that prompted the creation of this thread. Sadly, it seems like some manufacturers and distributors continue to lack honesty and integrity when it comes to providing their customers wheel statuses or delivery times. I would encourage those in similar situations to keep a ledger, document everything in writing, and consider early engagement of the Better Business Bureau.

Several months have passed since my rather unpleasant experience, and while I have not been continually engaged, my deep appreciation for everything you all did for me has not diminished one iota…
What a crying shame.

John, were you ever able to get the extra valve stems? I don't know if I told you, but I asked a retailer friend of mine if he could get them for you and if he were able to I would have put you in contact with him. Well, it turns out that he said he was able to get them, but said that he'd prefer to not have any dealings with iForged, even with small things like valve stems. So apparently even some retailers don't want to risk being marred by doing business with them.
Old 04-05-04, 10:18 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

That says alot about a company.
Old 04-05-04, 10:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

I thought I've heard in another car forum that they've just moved into a larger and better facility ?

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-05-04 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-05-04, 10:32 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SexySC
I thought I've heard in another car forum that they've just moved into a larger and better facility ?
Yeah, I've heard that too...also heard that they have gotten a little better with CS issues.
Old 04-05-04, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that would be good to hear
Old 04-05-04, 02:16 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by chicagoblknazn
Yeah, I've heard that too...also heard that they have gotten a little better with CS issues.
They are going to have to prove themselves (and that's going to take a long time) before I will even consider them trustworthy and repuable. Maybe if I heard they changed management or something like that, it would aid their reputation. One thing I've learned in business is that the conduct and professionalism (or lack of professionalism) of a company is a DIRECT reflection of the mangement of that compnay.
Old 04-05-04, 02:48 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally posted by MSBoy
They are going to have to prove themselves (and that's going to take a long time) before I will even consider them trustworthy and repuable. Maybe if I heard they changed management or something like that, it would aid their reputation. One thing I've learned in business is that the conduct and professionalism (or lack of professionalism) of a company is a DIRECT reflection of the mangement of that compnay.
Indeed it is! Couldn't have said it better myself. As a business owner myself, how I conduct myself has a direct corellation on how my business will change over time - a success or a failure.
Old 04-06-04, 08:42 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Romanl: My issue is not still going on; thank God! I was commenting about folks who were sending me PMs because they were experiencing problems similar to what I previously had.

Ron: I never received a follow-up response to my valve inquiries from the manufacturer. In all honesty, I was so worn-down from the ordeal of just getting the wheels delivered to me that I just gave-up… One of these days, I’ll have my local tire dealer place the order for me, just in case I ever have a problem with the existing valve stems in the future. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them before I have actual the need...

chicagoblknazn: I have to admit I was quite surprised that they didn’t respond to my inquiries about the valve stems as well, but as you said, such things can be quite telling…

SexySC: I had heard about the move while I was waiting on my last wheel, don’t know anything about the details, but had been told it was going to help them improve customer service.

Hameed: I agree with you 100%. When all is said and done, “our word” can make or break us as much as our product.
Old 04-06-04, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by jjc01
Romanl: My issue is not still going on; thank God! I was commenting about folks who were sending me PMs because they were experiencing problems similar to what I previously had.

Ron: I never received a follow-up response to my valve inquiries from the manufacturer. In all honesty, I was so worn-down from the ordeal of just getting the wheels delivered to me that I just gave-up… One of these days, I’ll have my local tire dealer place the order for me, just in case I ever have a problem with the existing valve stems in the future. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them before I have actual the need...

chicagoblknazn: I have to admit I was quite surprised that they didn’t respond to my inquiries about the valve stems as well, but as you said, such things can be quite telling…

SexySC: I had heard about the move while I was waiting on my last wheel, don’t know anything about the details, but had been told it was going to help them improve customer service.

Hameed: I agree with you 100%. When all is said and done, “our word” can make or break us as much as our product.
that's good to hear. i am kinda wondering for those people who pm you about their problems, is it still going on or it's in the past. hopefully it's all in the past

so you got your new valve stems?
Old 10-10-04, 10:44 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Smile "Blast From The Past!"

Hello My Friends,

I hope you don’t think of me as a traitor, but a few months ago I sold my 89 LandCruiser, because I found and purchased a low-mileage 2002 ML55. Though I promised my wife I wouldn’t spring for new wheels right away, it wasn’t long before I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer…

Below you will find a few photos I took this morning of my ML55 sporting the new HRE full-chrome 640s. These wheels are truly stunning. You’ll have to trust me when I tell you the photos do not do them justice, and having the lips chromed (vice highly polished as on my other rims) has increased the reflection results exponentially.

I want to thank Bob Hale and all the professionals of HRE wheels for making this purchase a rewarding, as well as thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I hope you all enjoy the photos.

By the way, I still drive, as well as love my GS-400 (though the 275s in the rear rubbed too much so I dropped down to 255s), and am now thinking about playing around with the suspension a bit…

Yours truly,
John
Old 10-10-04, 10:45 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Default Photo #1 of four

Three to follow
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED-ml55a.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 10:46 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Default #2 of four

Two to follow
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED-ml55b.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 10:51 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Default 3rd of four...

one to follow...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED-hre-1.jpg  
Old 10-10-04, 10:51 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Smile 4th of four

I hope you liked them...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED-hre-2.jpg  
Old 10-11-04, 05:59 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Re: "Blast From The Past!"

Congratulations John!!!

I personally don't think you are being a traitor at all! I particularly love all the AMG modified Benz's!!

Those wheels look very good on your ML. Even though I am not a big fan of SUV's in general, yours with the HRE's look very nice. Classy and tasteful. Couple that with the 5.5 litre engine and you have a very sweet combination!

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED