Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats, that's amazing setup on the mb
Old 10-11-04, 09:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Those wheels look nice Congrats !!
Old 10-11-04, 09:13 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John!!!

First off, WOW!! ML55?? SWEET! That baby moves! Congrats on that acquisition!

Secondly, WOW!! The HREs look mint on the new ride!

Your cars are doing great, but how are you? Hope all is well with the family!
Old 10-11-04, 11:34 AM
LexFather

Default Re: "Blast From The Past!"

Originally posted by jjc01
Hello My Friends,

I hope you don’t think of me as a traitor, but a few months ago I sold my 89 LandCruiser, because I found and purchased a low-mileage 2002 ML55. Though I promised my wife I wouldn’t spring for new wheels right away, it wasn’t long before I couldn’t resist the temptation any longer…

Below you will find a few photos I took this morning of my ML55 sporting the new HRE full-chrome 640s. These wheels are truly stunning. You’ll have to trust me when I tell you the photos do not do them justice, and having the lips chromed (vice highly polished as on my other rims) has increased the reflection results exponentially.

I want to thank Bob Hale and all the professionals of HRE wheels for making this purchase a rewarding, as well as thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I hope you all enjoy the photos.

By the way, I still drive, as well as love my GS-400 (though the 275s in the rear rubbed too much so I dropped down to 255s), and am now thinking about playing around with the suspension a bit…

Yours truly,
John
Nice ride and glad you still stop by!
Old 10-11-04, 07:17 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by T.L.W.
jjc01

this is my first post

i have read all the pages and just can't believe it

my heart goes out to you

you must have the patience of a buddhist monk

i hope next time i read this thread you will have received your 4th and final wheel

good luck jjc01

HOLY CRAP my first post

:
jj nice to see you still come here from time to time

nice ride

very happy to see you got great service

:thumbup
Old 10-11-04, 07:52 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You Guys Are The Best...

Hameed/Rominl/SexySC/MSBoy/1SickLex/TLW,

I can’t tell you how great if felt to hear from you my friends! Even though I loved my 89LC, the 10-11 MPG it was getting, and its lack of passing ability on our trips to Vegas prompted me to get the ML55. Unfortunately, of all the AMG models, I think the ML55 had the most boring stock wheels, so it wasn’t long before I had to venture into the aftermarket waters again and get something nicer. I’m very pleased with every aspect of the HREs, both with regard to the wheels themselves, and the HRE commitment to customer service as well. The folks at HRE were simply terrific; a pleasure to interact with on every occasion, and yes, they delivered when they said they would.

In all honesty, I posted the photos for you guys the same morning I mounted the wheels. I guess the reality is I can’t think about wheels without thinking about the support you guys provided me when I was in dire need, and I’ll never forget it. Everything with family as well as friends is going well on this end, and I hope the same is true for you. I do login on a regular basis, and always check to see if there are any PMs for me on the outside chance one of our members has become a victim and needs assistance… I am truly in your debt, and my offer for the first beer still holds if you make it to SD…

Most appreciatively,
John