Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-03, 04:26 PM
dingo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful with BC Forged as well. I sent them email and called them and left a msg and have heard absolutly nothing back. Plus, I called one of their distrubtors and they told me that they were no longer repping BCF due to customer service probs.

FWIW.

d
Old 11-06-03, 04:59 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Now what?

Hopefully some of these wheel companies get their act together in the next 3 months. GS4WILL may have another customer unless these U.S. wheel makers (HRE is excluded) can improve on the customer service. At least when you deal with Will you get a straight answer.
Old 11-06-03, 05:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by jjc01
I want to thank everyone who has responded for their input to this thread.

In the spirit of fairness, I want to give you an update. After my last posting, I discovered an email at this site from a person who did not identify himself or herself by name, but their email was iFORGED. The individual indicated he (could be a she) was an iFORGED representative, and apologized for the lack of communication/delay in delivering my wheels. The individual indicated iFORGED was in the process of increasing their staff so this type of issue would not occur in the future, stated my wheels had returned from the platter, were in the process of being assembled AND were going to be shipped to me today (Thursday).

The email was sent to me via this site’s private email system, and because the individual did not provided their identify, I can’t be certain it was in fact from an iFORGED employee, however, as I mentioned, the email address was “iFORGED” and so I hope the email was in fact a sincere attempt to rectify a customer service problem, vice a mean spirited hoax, by someone who forgot last Friday was Halloween.

In any event, I made it clear that I had been given false alarms before however, would remain positive, look forward to the wheels being shipped today, and requested a tracking number. If it was in fact iFORGED that wrote me, I do sincerely appreciate their gesture, and really want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I will keep my fingers crossed for a favorable outcome, can only hope that I will in fact receive a tracking number today, which will validate the wheels have in fact been shipped. I’m standing-by with, once again, incredible anticipation…

well if it's sent using the clublexus email system then that means he's a member here, and the screen name is just like what you can guess -- iforged.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...o&userid=13564

i believe his name is vincent, and i always thought he's the owner (or at lesat one of the owners) of iforged.
Old 11-06-03, 05:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Vegassc400
Now what?

Hopefully some of these wheel companies get their act together in the next 3 months. GS4WILL may have another customer unless these U.S. wheel makers (HRE is excluded) can improve on the customer service. At least when you deal with Will you get a straight answer.
well, just get hre? i can get my friend to give you a quote
Old 11-06-03, 05:58 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your issues, it absolutely sucks to be wating that long with haveing that much cash out there floating... bottom line is Discover should be able to get help you through a dispute, it would be a valid dispute.

That being said, get your cash back and spend a few extra bucks for a set of HRE's!!! I can tell you from personal experience, HRE has the best quality wheels, the absolute best customer service, and they delivered my wheels right on time...when promised. Big Ups to HRE!!
Old 11-06-03, 10:09 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Listen, let's not all jump on the bandwagon when you don't have any personal experience. I've owned BOTH brands of wheels and BOTH brands had delays and customer service problems. HRE went through growing pains a couple of years ago and iForged is going through the same thing. They are getting so many customers and orders that they're playing catchup. Each wheel is made to order and that kind of thing takes time. Need I remind people that it took nearly THREE YEARS before I got my wheels refinished from a FACTORY DEFECT that happened within a weeks after I bought the got the wheels after they took TWICE as long to build as promised...with emails that went unanswered and calls that never got callbacks? It happens. If you think HRE delivers orders on time, every time, I have a bridge to sell you. Even Bob would admit that doesn't happen.

If people don't like it, they can buy wheels that are ready made and in stock. Forget custom wheels, forget imported wheels...I had to wait something like 8 MONTHS for my body kit...my SC project took a year longer than project....boo hoo...

Last edited by Manaray; 11-06-03 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-06-03, 10:48 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up manaray

good point
p.s. your flashing skull scares me
Old 11-07-03, 12:11 AM
Downtown
Pole Position

When your paying that kinda money NO ONE should have to go through that with any wheelmaker! It's all about customer service.

DT
Old 11-07-03, 01:18 AM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

p.s. your flashing skull scares me
yeah i try not to look at it.............it gives me the creeps too.
mommy
Old 11-07-03, 06:03 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Downtown
When your paying that kinda money NO ONE should have to go through that with any wheelmaker! It's all about customer service.

DT
"That kinda money"...sorry, but coughing up a few grand for wheels and having to wait a couple of months isn't the end of the world. What about paying $500,000+ and having to wait a few months longer before you can move into a "semi-custom" home? Delays happen. Even in Switzerland, the LAND of being on time, delays happen. Try paying $50,000 for a watch and having to wait 4 YEARS (plus or minus a few months) before you get it...

As for the skull...hehehe...yeah, I saw it on another forum (I can't remember where) and I thought it looked kinda cool....it's the best GIF animation I've seen to date...
Old 11-07-03, 10:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm considering the iforged wheels,and in no big hurry to get them on my car. But like many here, the point is that we should be given an honest & realistic time frame for delivery so we know what to expect, not having to wait 4 - 6 months whem promised 4 - 6 weeks initially.
I'll be pretty pissed if promised a short delivery time to entice me to order the wheels, & then subjected to repeated delays & made to wait forever.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 11-07-03 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-07-03, 10:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by SexySC
I'm considering the iforged wheels,and in no big hurry to get them on my car. But like many here, the point is that we should be given an honest & realistic time frame for delivery so we know what to expect, not having to wait 4 - 6 months whem promised 4 - 6 weeks initially.
I'll be pretty pissed if promised a short delivery time to entice me to order the wheels, & then subjected to repeated delays & made to wait forever.
I agree with you 100%. The whole point of this thread has been exactly that - Iforged did not give this guy realistic timelines and then lied on several occasions to him. I has nothing to do with how much money is hanging in the balance.

If I really wanted to buy the new GS (for example) and was told that there is a 1 year wait, it all depends on how strongly I feel about this purchase decision that will determine if I proceed with it or not. Having said that and then made to wait for 2 years or more with repeated lies of missed deadlines is simply unacceptable. Delays are exactly that - delays - period - most people can deal with delays (custom manufacturing, custom orders etc.). Delays are very different from lies and bad customer service. That is the point of this thread.
Old 11-07-03, 11:11 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Iforged did not give this guy realistic timelines "

Did they? Or did the reseller make shat up? Thats like buying HRE's from Superbuy and Superbuy just saying whatever like 3 week wait when it is 6 weeks, thats not HRE's fault.
Old 11-07-03, 11:37 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally posted by jpa2400
"Iforged did not give this guy realistic timelines "

Did they? Or did the reseller make shat up? Thats like buying HRE's from Superbuy and Superbuy just saying whatever like 3 week wait when it is 6 weeks, thats not HRE's fault.
I really meant from whomsoever he bought the wheels from.
Old 11-07-03, 12:18 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Symbolic Wheels - F3 Forged Series.

High-end FORGED wheels in Triple Chrome and they are pleasure to work with and are responsive.

Ted

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED