Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-03, 09:30 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friends: Please pardon my delay in responding; I've been out of town for work. I am so totally disgusted by my situation with iFORGED, I am at the point where the excitement I once had for putting new wheels on my GS, has turned to resentment and distaste. At this point, I cannot think of either those wheels or iFORGED without feeling a tremendous sense of anger and frustration. I have never moved them from my front hallway, attempted to ensure they will fit properly on my GS or done anything else that would preclude me from shipping them back, and though my wife and my tire dealer have been understanding, I think Iforged has had me over a barrel long enough. I have telephonically renewed the cancellation process via my Discover card, as I feel iFORGED apparently knew exactly what to say and when to say it, as well as to use the weaknesses of the process (no cancellation of wheel order policy and suspense times/minimum action requirements for credit card action) against me, and to their advantage. While I will leave it to each of you to determine if this is the type of company you would want to do business with, from my perspective, they have not demonstrated in action a commitment or concern for fulfilling their contractual obligations in a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps my situation has reinforced the perspective that they can do anything they want to a customer and there is nothing the customer can do about it, once someone like me takes the bait (of their four to six week delivery time) and gives them their money… Remember, they have a “no-cancellation” policy, which in essence, locks you into the agreement, even though they apparently do not have to adhere to the parameters they cite when you enter into the agreement with them. That kind of reminds me of the type of person who says, “do as I say, not as I do.” It reeks of hypocrisy and you don’t even have the option offered in the “my way or the highway” philosophy, because you’re locked in with the “no cancellation” policy. The only other explanation I can offer is that they feel the monetary accommodation they made to me (credited back to my account. The retailer had already charged me for the full amount in Sept.) a while ago, outweighs any subsequent complications or wait I must endure… The UPS investigation should conclude Tuesday, at which point iFORGED should realize resolution on that piece. I’ll keep you posted!
Rominl: Yes, many times I was told a certain action would be taken, or that a certain suspense time would bring me action and as many times I was disappointed. What I find very telling is the fact that Iforged waited three weeks before they expended the effort to resolve the UPS issue. I was worried the chroming process for the final wheel would be the major delay but it was not. As a result, I can’t help but wonder, is it incompetence, a total disregard for customer service, passive aggressive behavior? For the life of me I just can’t figure this one out. Its like they do everything possible to delay delivery. The boxes, which are marked “introcustoms.com” vice Iforged, can not be distinguished from the outside, except I have since noted the 8” rim box was not the same height as the 9” rims, as a result of the way the boxes are prepared. The 8” rim box is cut down a bit so the flaps overlap a little, as opposed to fitting precisely against each other. I didn’t catch this nuance before living with the boxes for as long as I have.
TturboPimp: I am going to dispute this (again) and will resume this coming Monday which will make the wait 20 weeks in duration. To be honest, I would rather completely return the three wheels, terminate my relationship with Iforged once and for all, then begin again with a company with whom I can be proud to display their product. I am being totally sincere when I say that wait would be nowhere near as challenging as the insult and disappointment I am feeling on a day-to-day basis now.
SexySC: Thanks for your comments and support. This has been going on so long now it seems surreal, and as you may well imagine, on many occasions, I’ve wished I had gone with a different manufacturer too!
Bitkahuna: I agree. Who knows how much longer they will have me wait? But I am at the point that I am not going to take them at their word any longer. This is ridiculous, and I am going to do everything I can beginning Monday to bring this ordeal to an end once and for all. Thanks for your comments. They help reinforce my instincts that I have been played like a fish long enough, and yes, I will go with HRE if I can extricate myself from this mess.
1SickLex: Very much appreciate the humor. For all we know, the virgin and Iforged may have enjoyed playing us like puppets more than we will ever know, J though at least your virgin appears to have had some principles by which she lived, despite how little we could have appreciated that attribute at the time. It kind of reminds me of the old saying about liking to be kissed when you get screwed…
Lexis11: Thanks. I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t admit my emotions range from absolute amazement that anyone but a fly-by-night company would operate like this, to frustration at my situation, to anger that I took the bait by accepting delivery of the three wheels. The one piece of this I simply can’t figure out is the “why” there is so little concern with resolution. I can only imagine its because their customer base is large enough they don’t worry about losing a customer or two… The experience has contradicted every other one I have had in my adult life in that normally, when you pay more (as I did before the accommodation), you get a better product AND better service. Based on the three wheels sitting in my front hallway (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I moved them a few feet today so I could get my Christmas (My God, I ordered those things last July!) tree in the front door), I believe iFORGED has achieved the better product piece, but sadly for all, my experience with them tells me they see little correlation between the words customer and service. And with regard to the word commitment, well, I think we all know the answer to that one also...
Old 12-14-03, 06:06 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Un F*#@ing believable!!!
Old 12-14-03, 07:30 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

All I can say is that when I was shopping for rims a Sales Rep from a tire retailer said to me " I've heard a lot of complaints against IForged. I'd stay away from them if I was you". I did...........Thank-you again!

This isn't directed at you jjc01 but makesure you do your homework and read the posts or better yet if your unsure about something or someone post one! That's what makes Club Lexus so valuable to fellow members.

jjc01

Do yourself a favour and go out and buy yourself a different set of rims. After what you've been through, God knows you deserve them!

No matter how this is resolved you'll never appreciate these particular rims nor manufacturer and if you can't get your money back. Someone else will purchase them from you in a heartbeat.

Merry Christmas!

DT
Old 12-19-03, 04:59 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Un F*#@ing believable!!!
thats what i was thinking!!
Old 12-19-03, 05:04 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

I just ordered some HREs. Let's see if I get them before iForged fixes that wheel.
Old 12-23-03, 02:41 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

OMG. I can't believe this saga is continuing!

I'm experiencing the same sort of problems with a body kit i ordered a while 4 months ago. Good luck jjc. I feel your pain
Old 12-23-03, 05:42 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default HRE order

Originally posted by Hermosa
I just ordered some HREs. Let's see if I get them before iForged fixes that wheel.
Mike, the HRE's on my wifes car came in ahead of schedule. I was already warned by Henry on the I forged. You made the right decision.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=105373

Last edited by RMMGS4; 12-23-03 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-23-03, 04:00 PM
LexFather

Speechless at this point....
Old 12-23-03, 04:11 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Default Re: HRE order

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Mike, the HRE's on my wifes car came in ahead of schedule. I was already warned by Henry on the I forged. You made the right decision.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=105373
That IS is sweet. I have to drop by next time I am in Cali. Supposedly five weeks for my HREs.
Old 12-23-03, 05:42 PM
jjc01
Rookie

Well my friends, the saga of the eternal wheel order continues… It has now been 21 weeks since I placed the four-to six-week order, six weeks since I was promised expeditious handling for the last wheel, and opened the other three boxes, thereby suspending the Discover Card order-termination process. For those of you kind enough to think, but not write it, I will say it for you ”taking delivery of the first three wheels and trusting IFORGED to get me the last one in an expeditious manner has to qualify as one of the all-time stupidest moves an adult consumer could possibly make, and should make me eligible to receive one of the annual awards we hear about at the end of each year. Quite frankly, “Idiot of the Year” seems appropriate to reflect how gullible I’ve been, and I just know I’ll be nominated to the consumer hall of shame for this oneJ Accordingly, I’ll “want to thank the Academy and acknowledge that I truly couldn’t have done it without IFORGED.”
Anyway, I spent last week spewing venomous emails towards several IFORGED employees, to which one responded in a predictably, courteous and apologetic manner, but I still have not received the fourth wheel. If IFORGED were a baseball team we’d say their pitching team didn’t have a “closer.” Contrary to previous discussions, I was told I wasn’t in fact previously promised the fourth wheel would be manufactured immediately upon notification of the loss, only the center piece would be, which is interesting because supposedly no one knew at that point in time knew which portion of the three-piece wheel was damaged during delivery, so how could anyone know what (except the entire wheel) needed to be manufactured immediately...? UPS completed their investigation a week ago today, and the latest status I have from IFORGED is that my pieces will be returned to IFORGED from the chromer’s today, subsequently assembled, and then overnight expressed to me. I’ve stopped trying to predict when it might arrive and have refocused my energy on Discover Card in an effort to end once and for all this interminable and annoying game of bait and disappoint IFORGED has been playing with me. At this point I really don’t know who you should consider the biggest offender; IFORGED for being so totally disdainful to one of their customers, or me for being such a trusting imbecile. I find the entire ordeal so disgusting; I resist not only writing about it, but even acknowledging its existence as well. However, on days like today, something about the whole thing outrages me so much I know I just have to talk about it some more, so here goes…
TTurboPimp/Lexism: my sentiments EXACTLY!
Downtown: You are absolutely correct. I had not appropriately researched the manufacturer, and I really appreciate you pointing that fact out to others who, like me, may walk blindly into a similar situation because they researched the product itself only. I wish I had joined this website BEFORE making the purchase, and as you may well imagine, things would have been different. As I’ve mentioned many times previously the folks at this site have been a tremendous help to me in many ways, and their potential with regard to their experiences, expertise and fellowship should be utilized as much as possible. I am in the process of terminating the order, but because I accepted the three wheels back on the 10th of November, I have to start from scratch with Discover Card. I really blew it!
Hermosa/RMMGS4: Your email really made me smile because I was assured, IFORGED would get me my last wheel much sooner than it would take them to get the average customer four wheels, or at least how long they say it will take; four to six weeks (it took them 15 weeks to get me the first three wheels). Well, as you well know by now, I’m working towards week seven for that single wheel, so it wouldn’t really surprise me to hear HRE got Hermosa his four wheels in much less time than it took IFORGED to get me one. Believe it or not, I actually have my fingers crossed for him because even though I can’t seem to achieve closure on my IFORGED purchase (I gave up hope on IFORGED some time ago…) its always nice to see how happy a new set of wheels can make someone else feel..
VegasSC400: Sorry to hear your experiencing a similar problem with a body kit. Do they keep giving you dates that come and go, or is it an open-ended wait?

If there is a silver lining to everything, the one I’ve seen in this instance is the quality of the folks using this web site: their willingness to share their expertise, and to help someone in need. More folks then I can tell you have sent me emails of encouragement and I can’t thank you enough. I also specifically want to thank Manaray. Suffice to say, this man has done more behind the scenes to assist me than IFORGED is either inclined or capable of doing themselves.
Though I don’t want to think much more about the phantom wheel until after the holidays, I can’t help but acknowledge that although there are many variations of current day Scrooges in existence, its ultimately our choice on whether or not we allow them to manipulate us. This site has shown me on numerous occasions that there are a lot of really nice folks out there, and so if we have our health, we’ve got the odds stacked in our favor.
Best wishes for your holidays to you and your family.
Old 12-23-03, 06:48 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default have a happy holiday

I have been reading about your situation since day one and have to admit that I feel really sorry that your going through all of this for soo long and on top of it into the holidays.The can thank you though.Ahwile back I was going to order a set I-forged wheels and have been reading on how they handled this situation and it is perfectly clear to me that they (I-forged) do not care about customer satisfaction.Especially when it's their fault! I really hope that this gets taken care of and hopefully you can start the new year on some new chrome ones! I'll tell ya, this is some great exposure for I-forged don't you think Have a great holiday and an even better new year
Old 12-23-03, 06:49 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

jjc01,

Man.....I physically feel for you...literally!! Your experience is absolutley, rediculously, out of control. However, aside from what I view as the worst case scenario of poor customer service on your vendors part, you cant beat yourself up for the decisions you have made throughout this process. Im sure there have been alot of people that have made those same decisions with pending purchases. When you get caught up in the excitement of getting a new part, ecspecially something as large as a wheel purchase, its somewhat expected to think with your emotions rather than rationalizing your decisions.

Keep your head up...there's gotta be some light at the end of the tunnel....somewhere! Stop beating yourself up, keep beating I Forged up, and keep pushing Discover to help you out, one of the options have to pan out eventually.

Happy Holidays, and dont think about wheels for the next 4 days!!!!
Old 12-23-03, 10:07 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

If their ever was a time for the real Santa to step in .................now would be the time!

DT
Old 12-23-03, 11:45 PM
legendary
Racer

Default I feel for you....

jjc,

Up until now, I was planning on ordering a set of 19" staggered Senekas. To add to that, check my sig..PAINTED wheels. I can imagine I would see the same ordeal, and that REALLY worries me; especially since its the chrome and painted wheels that take the longest.

I will say I have learned alot from Manaray and I do appreciate it. However, I am definitely not going to wait 5-6 months for a set of wheels, I don't care who it is from. This hurts my heart, as I spoke to Vincent or Ryan and they indicated it would be approximately 6 weeks, same terms as jjc.

This has really made me think, reevaluate if I can wait 6 months for my wheels (NOT) as I will need them for shows.

This is a shame, as the wheels are beautiful. I do hope for the sake of all of us as consumers, and jjc, Iforged steps up and treats customers right.

As an aside, jjc, your posts have been pretty clean, concise and informative. I do appreciate you sharing detailed information vs. some of the anecdotal info that I have seen before on various forums. This will definitely help them do the right thing (at least it should) and help us make informative decisions based on actual customer experience, not guesstimates from the vendor.

Sorry Iforged, I think you will have to bring it stronger than what we have seen in the past. Here it is Christmas Eve and our loyal patient customer still has to be without.

Old 12-24-03, 12:19 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

it's a damned shame... i really love thier lineup!

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Waiting an Eternity on an Expensive Wheel Order?(AFTER 1/2 YEAR, RESOLVED