Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

These are knock-offs of...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-04, 12:06 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These are knock-offs of...?

I found these:

I think i'm going to get them. 20x8.5 in the front with 20x10 in the back. I can't seem to find anything like them but I thought i'd double check incase they are knock offs.

Anyone know? They are Zenetti Lucre's; I know how people feel about the mystiks so I hope thats not the case with these wheels.
Old 01-01-04, 12:48 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zenettis copies many of JDM wheels, including the one you listed.

the original design is from WORK and Auto Couture

Work LS207

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/index.html
take a look
Old 01-01-04, 06:34 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

IMO the Zenetti model has too many open spaces, if you want that type of wheel, get the Giovanna Barbados (budget) or the real Work rim (no budget)
Old 01-01-04, 09:38 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
IMO the Zenetti model has too many open spaces, if you want that type of wheel, get the Giovanna Barbados (budget) or the real Work rim (no budget)
so funny D...works no budget type of wheels 4 sure....i kinda like the ones u posted and they come staggard is good too...nice rear wheel lip
Old 01-01-04, 10:49 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

I like that barbados but I really like the black and I can't argue with that rear lip either. If I could get the works for under $3,500 with Tires (which I know I can't) i'd get those but after the things i'm doing to the car in the first place I will be lucky to get rims at all. How much will a set of LS207's cost me?
Old 01-01-04, 11:54 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bmw' set up will always give more lips than the lexus. i would truly suggest you to save up a little more and get the work rims.

blue/dgot, have you guys notice on the lips finish, JDM wheels present more shine to them
Old 01-02-04, 06:12 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by GS4Will

blue/dgot, have you guys notice on the lips finish, JDM wheels present more shine to them

oh ya i noticed the lip right away not jdm 4 sure....more of just a silver clearcoat finish than the jdm poliched clear lips... bif difference...but it always depends on a mans budget...i'd wait 4 works but it depends do u want wheels right away or r u saveing 4 them now? u can usually find some nice deals in the marketplace, but it seems like u want black centers right?
Old 01-02-04, 09:54 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

bmw' set up will always give more lips than the lexus. i would truly suggest you to save up a little more and get the work rims.

Will u are totally correct, the german makes run a lower offset resulting in more lip action, also that lip is terrible, I noticed that when I was doing some wheel research for nextlvl, a lot of companies just leave that flat dull silver on the face and wheel!

IVXX, the Work heel is going to be........ahem..........considerably more than 3500 wheels alone!! My buddy has a Q45 and he got the Barbados staggered (1pc) chrome with tires for 3300 with tires. The Works would probably run you 4000-4500 wheels alone (that shipping from Japan aint cheap).

Just giving you ur options man, although I aould LOVE to see u get the Works, do what is best for u!!
Old 01-02-04, 11:43 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

I would love to get some Work's (or AC Indicators) however...

1. I have trouble spending $4,000+ on rims
2. Where I live they are most likely to get jacked/keyed/whatnot
3. I am on somewhat of a fixed budget and after Turbo kit, Suspension, Sound system and body kit I don't have more then a couple thousand dollars to spend.

I'd get AC Indicators but then I couldn't turbocharge which would defeat the purpose of buying this car over the 98 GS.

I really like the Lucre's, Mystiks, five's, and Deuce's. I would be happy with any of those rims. I like the Genoas but the popular consensus is they are “ghetto trash rims” If Zenettis are terrible someone please tell me but it seems that Txstyle likes his alot and so do the other people that own them. Those Lucre’s do look heavy though. I like the black centers and I really would like to buy new rims (as opposed to used ones at the marketplace or somewhere)

Also, something to take into consideration is that I live in MN. If this was CA I’d have no choice but to get the AC’s or the Works but in MN a 1996 Green Chevy Suburban sitting on 22” Diablo Spinners (well at least 2 or 3 are spinning) gets the same reaction as say... I dunno... the Gialla LS430. In fact i’ve only seen 3 cars that would be considered “tastefully done” One was a white GS400 (which I swear is a CL member that doesn't post anymore) the other was a very very nice white LS430 and the last a White S500 with V12 badging (the guy driving that one was absolutely priceless)

Please don’t get the wrong impression and think i’m going for the whole “bling-bling baller” look (in fact i’m looking for the opposite) If Zenetti doesn't make a good wheel (doesn't really matter if they are JDM knockoffs as long as its a quality wheel) then let me know what does. I’ve spent so much time worrying about the swap and the comp i’ve had no time to look for wheels.
Old 01-02-04, 06:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

IVXX,

Don't worry about it bro, on ur budget and as ur first wheels, I think the Zenettis will be just fine. My lil bro had a 19" set of Mystics on his Avalon, and they took a NYC beating without bending/cracking.

Superbuytires.com has the 20" chrome Mystics with tires for 2300, I would go for those, they have a very clean and simple design (the Lucre is kinda busy IMO), a nice lip,, etc
Old 01-02-04, 07:44 PM
phluid
Lead Lap

I'll agree to that one as well..