Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Bridgestone Potenza S-03

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 06:30 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
pleaes keep us posted
WOW!! Please keep us posted!
Old 01-10-04, 09:21 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bridgestone Sucks...

I have had the S-03's for months now... They are the NOISIEST tires I have ever owned. In fact, the noise is so ridiculous in my LS430 that the dealer has made comments. Every tire place I have brought these too has indicated that the Potentza's are horrible for noise and would NEVER recommend them for a quiet ride.

I too have been in contact with Bridgestone and they are ABSOLUTELY useless when it comes to customer satisfaction. I cannot wait for these tires to wear out so that I can replace them with Yokohama DB's (just put them on my Wife's GS-400 and they are spectacular).

Good luck!

L
Old 01-10-04, 10:11 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Bridgestone Sucks...

Originally posted by Leeladisky
I have had the S-03's for months now... They are the NOISIEST tires I have ever owned. In fact, the noise is so ridiculous in my LS430 that the dealer has made comments. Every tire place I have brought these too has indicated that the Potentza's are horrible for noise and would NEVER recommend them for a quiet ride.

I too have been in contact with Bridgestone and they are ABSOLUTELY useless when it comes to customer satisfaction. I cannot wait for these tires to wear out so that I can replace them with Yokohama DB's (just put them on my Wife's GS-400 and they are spectacular).

Good luck!

L
As noisy as the S-03's have been [and they have been getting louder as they wear], they are still quieter than the Yoko AVS Sports that I had on before. I was hoping to delay tire replacement until after the GS camber kit was released. Losing hope that the camber kit will ever be released...

While noisy, I did not purchase the S-03 because of how they sound. I purchased them for performance. They have flat out been a superb handling tire in both dry and wet conditions.

Last edited by redgs4; 01-10-04 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-10-04, 11:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Bridgestone Sucks...

Originally posted by Leeladisky

Good luck!

L
man, what do you expect from bridgestone on the quiestness on the tires? expect them to send bunch of dynamats to you? i mean it's not like the tire is going bad or something, i don't feel this is something they should worry about. and before you say that the so3 is noisiest, go and get a set of yoko avs sport. tell me if that's any better. that thing is just horrible, to the point that the whole cabin is resonating, stuff are vibrating. the so3 isn't close to as bad. granted though, i agree that so3 isn't the quiestest i can ask for too
Old 01-10-04, 11:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Bridgestone Sucks...

Originally posted by redgs4
As noisy as the S-03's have been [and they have been getting louder as they wear], they are still quieter than the Yoko AVS Sports that I had on before. I was hoping to delay tire replacement until after the GS camber kit was released. Losing hope that the camber kit will ever be released...

While noisy, I did not purchase the S-03 because of how they sound. I purchased them for performance. They have flat out been a superb handling tire in both dry and wet conditions.
agree 100%. the s03 handling is just superb. i have owned the so3, the yoko, the continental, and now the perelli. the yoko and so3 handles about the same i'd say, both are straight out excellent. but of course the yoko avs sport is stupidly loud. the continental is softer but handling is ok, not really impressive. now my perelli is very soft, the ride is very comfortable (to the point that i was surprised), but coz' of the soft sidewall the handling is definitely compromised.

and about the camber kit, i want them just as much as you do too. how bad is your inside wear? i hope with my 20s the camber is actually better and the wear is better. considering how aggressive my setup is, i wonder if i can use a camber kit
Old 01-11-04, 01:02 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Bridgestone Sucks...

Originally posted by rominl
agree 100%. the s03 handling is just superb. i have owned the so3, the yoko, the continental, and now the perelli. the yoko and so3 handles about the same i'd say, both are straight out excellent. but of course the yoko avs sport is stupidly loud. the continental is softer but handling is ok, not really impressive. now my perelli is very soft, the ride is very comfortable (to the point that i was surprised), but coz' of the soft sidewall the handling is definitely compromised.

and about the camber kit, i want them just as much as you do too. how bad is your inside wear? i hope with my 20s the camber is actually better and the wear is better. considering how aggressive my setup is, i wonder if i can use a camber kit
Actually, the wear is not too bad on the inside. But I figure it's not wearing in a normal way and this is contributing to the noise.
Old 01-19-04, 09:29 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue with mine (SO-3)

I am suffering the same issue with both of my fronts after removing my 19's and switching back to stock for the winter. My issue is that I am not the original buyer of the tires. But I have some behind the scenes help looking into the issue. I will keep you guys posted as well. Funny thing is the rears were fine (19 x 10) and showed no cracking...

Doug
Old 01-19-04, 09:53 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I have a set of Eagle F1 GSD3's on the way. I'll take a close look at my S03's when they are pulled off.
Old 01-20-04, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

WHAT? a second member with the same issue? hey, this is not good!
Old 01-20-04, 07:01 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

6 months ago I took off my Bridge pole 03 , They became so loud I could not handle it , I replaced them with Continental ContiExtremeContact and they are so quite and smooth riding..........
Old 01-27-04, 09:03 AM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default Updates??

Any developments on this issue Carlsson?

Doug
Old 02-01-04, 03:44 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy

Looking hopeless...

Bridgestone told me i had to bring the tires to one of their shops to get them inspected... and after that if they think the tires have defects they will replace them at a "Prorated" price... i don't want their tires ever again

Tried to contact Better business bureau, NHTSA and some news people... but that guy Bogey hasn't been working for 2 years and Horowitz charges $95 to even look at my case...
Old 02-02-04, 10:48 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

We just had a new S-03 come unzipped at Willow springs last weekend while testing the new Competition Series on a new M3... car is okay, wheel is okay, driver's nerves are shot...

We're researching the cause of the 'blowout:' hopefully, Bridgestone will be responsive...
Old 02-03-04, 12:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
We just had a new S-03 come unzipped at Willow springs last weekend while testing the new Competition Series on a new M3... car is okay, wheel is okay, driver's nerves are shot...

We're researching the cause of the 'blowout:' hopefully, Bridgestone will be responsive...
hey, now this is not good at all bob. does that mean something is fundamentally wrong with the tire?!
Old 02-04-04, 09:35 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

i hope it's not true but... i think that until someone gets hurt, Bridgestone is not going to be doing anything

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Potenza S-03