Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Newbie with Rim questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 03:23 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with Rim questions.

OK. I decided that instead of getting the 17s that are optional for the GS I would try to do some 18s. I like the look of the larger rims and I see that many poeple are opting for the larger sizes as well. I have a basic understanding of the sizes but I am sure that what I beleive to be correct may in fact be incorrect.

I am looking at a set of rims on ebay that are 18 x 8 but the offset is +38. I see that many people have up to +45 in the rears but I am not looking for a staggered set up, which I beleive is 2 sets of different sizes for front and rear. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Though I love the Lowenhart BR5s, I can not justify the spending of that much money on some rims so I have eyeballed a set that look similiar but at a signifigantly lower price on ebay. The link is below:

Rims

Will these fit a car with stock brakes and suspension? Will there be any rubbing or lose of ride quality? I am assuming that since these rims are bigger, and I will have to buy lower wheels, is it feasable to make this sort of purchase in a city that has some really bad potholes?

Last edited by chicagoblknazn; 01-05-04 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-05-04, 03:58 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Not sure about fit but in terms of the finish, ADR chrome wheels will start peeling within a year. Someone I knew bought a set based on price and they were devastated....