Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

are Zauber Gettins Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-04, 10:51 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by MSBoy
On one of the BMW forums I am on, they tend to have an issue with posting retailer recommendations if the retailer is not a site sponsor. If that is not the case here, I will gladly post the info. Please let me know.
u should probably pm davegs4 1st 2 b sure. just in case...
Old 01-12-04, 11:56 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
I PMed him. Thanx.
Old 01-12-04, 08:48 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bluelex
Okay, I spoke to Dave and since this sites wheel sponsors do not sell Zauber Gettins there is not a problem with me posting the vendor information where I purchased mine.

Let me preface it with the fact that I do not in any way work for or have any other affiliation with the vendor other than my being a very satisfied customer. In fact, I just stumbled across the vendor while doing a search on the internet for "Zauber Gettin". I called them along with a number of popular vendors (that I'm sure you all are already familiar with) and they gave me the best price and great customer care and attention. Okay, enough blah, blah, blah.

The name of the vendor is Method Motor Works - methodmotorworks.com
They are based in Fresno, California. The phone number is on the website.
Unfortunately, it's not an 800 number, but I suppose that's because they are not a huge outfit.
Amy is the name of the girl that helped me. She is on vacation this week, but will be back next week.
She was awesome to work with. If she didn't know the answer to my questions, she didn't pretend. She hung up with me and found out the answer and called me back with the accurate answers. And she saw the sale through from beginning to end, got me the best price of all the vendors I checked with and made sure I got my delivery on time. (Delivery THIS Wednesday! Got a tracking number and it's on schedule!)

If any of you call them up, please tell them that Ron, the BMW guy in NY sent you.

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-12-04 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-13-04, 04:45 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink msboy

ron i am so glad you have joined club lexus. thank you for your efforts on the "waiting forever for an expensive wheel thread." i'm glad to see you are posting in different places here on the forum. watch out you might end up switching sides. ivan
Old 01-13-04, 04:50 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

MS, that sounds great man, please post pics once you receive them! Also where do you live in New York?
Old 01-13-04, 10:46 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank MS thats some good info, dont forget to post picks man!!! oh and how great of a deal if you dont mind posting? hay man i had to ask
Old 01-13-04, 02:48 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Default Re: msboy

Originally posted by 3dog
ron i am so glad you have joined club lexus. thank you for your efforts on the "waiting forever for an expensive wheel thread." i'm glad to see you are posting in different places here on the forum. watch out you might end up switching sides. ivan
Thanks for saying that! I am glad I joined Clublexus too! This is an awesome community! I initially came here out of curiousity when a link was posted on the BMW forum that I'm on (e46fanatics). The link led to the "...Waiting Forever On an Expensive Wheel Order" thread here. After reading that thread, I regestired my account here because I was eager to comment on that thread. I thought I would participate ONLY on that thread, till I decided to look around the forum and see how you Lexus folks were. I knew I would eventually tell you all how much I love your community and am addicted to it, but I didn't think I'd be telling you this soon! I really appreciate the air of unity I detect here. I also love the fact that many here are very knowledgable about their cars and are so willing to assist one another with technical things. I definitly will remain a constant member here and feel fortunate to have "stumbled" into your community. So many have welcomed me and to all of you all, thank you!

As far as me switching sides, well... not likely. At least not now. I am so in love with my BMW and cannot even fathom driving another car right now. I will say, however, I've always been a fan of the GS line inparticular. I truly turned into a fan when I underestimated a GS 400 and was smoked by it last year on the Grand Central Parkway. What a beast that car is!! I always raced the 300s and toasted them, and thought the 400s would be a similiar deal. NO WAY! Beautifully designed and very nicely tuned. I am definitly a fan of the GS line and I am absolutly a huge fan of the Lexus community! Thanks so much for having me!

Cheers to you all!!
Old 01-13-04, 02:51 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
MS, that sounds great man, please post pics once you receive them! Also where do you live in New York?
Sure! I will definitly post pics when I get them on. I get delivery on the wheels tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have time to get them mounted. I will see. And I live in Queens, NY.
Old 01-13-04, 03:35 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Sure! I will definitly post pics when I get them on. I get delivery on the wheels tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have time to get them mounted. I will see. And I live in Queens, NY.
Thats cool man, we have had a few NY meets already man, so stick around maybe you'll make it to the next one! We'll go easy on ya for being a bimmerhead!! j/k man
Old 01-13-04, 07:24 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Thats cool man, we have had a few NY meets already man, so stick around maybe you'll make it to the next one! We'll go easy on ya for being a bimmerhead!! j/k man
Sweet! I'd love to come to one of your meets! In fact, I've arranged a few BMW meets and if you folks are up to it, maybe I will arrange a Lexus/BMW meet this Spring! Perhaps toward the end of February I will post a "feeler" thread to see who would be interested. Honestly, I would absolutly love to see us all get together and spec one another's cars out. If true car enthusiasts show up to such a meet, it is certain to be an awesome, learning and enjoyable experience! Besides, I never get a chance to see modded Lex's out here in Queens, but I know they exists, so it will be a real visual treat for me. Tonight I happened to see a LS 400 with some BR5 looking rims in Queens! It looked really tight and I actually pulled to the side just to get a better look at it. Honestly, I'm really fascinated with Lexus' in general, but I especially love the appearence of the GSs. Alright, enough rambling. Please let me know about your next meet. I am there! ...and thanks!
Old 01-13-04, 07:35 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Tonight I happened to see a LS 400 with some BR5 looking rims in Queens! It looked really tight and I actually pulled to the side just to get a better look at it. !
Hey was that LS black with tinted windows?

Yeah at our last meet in Queens (Alley Pond Park) A guy came with a White/Camel E46 M3, I think it had 19" BBS wheels

Old 01-13-04, 09:20 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Hey was that LS black with tinted windows?

Yeah at our last meet in Queens (Alley Pond Park) A guy came with a White/Camel E46 M3, I think it had 19" BBS wheels

No, the LS was silver with tinted windows and the rims were chrome. They has a similiar design to BR5s, but they were not Loweys. I was trying to look at the name of the rim because it is inscribed in the centercap of the rim, but I would have had to stick my head out of my car and I didn't want to seem (to anyone who may have been in their house looking out) like I was specing his car out for a possible heist! So I had to play the discreet role, out of consideration. But, I did notice that the name began with an A. It's a car in my neighborhood, so I will swing by there again sometime and see for sure.

Cheers!
Old 01-14-04, 05:05 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: msboy

Thanks for saying that! I am glad I joined Clublexus too! This is an awesome community! I initially came here out of curiousity when a link was posted on the BMW forum that I'm on (e46fanatics). The link led to the "...Waiting Forever On an Expensive Wheel Order" thread here. After reading that thread, I regestired my account here because I was eager to comment on that thread. I thought I would participate ONLY on that thread, till I decided to look around the forum and see how you Lexus folks were. I knew I would eventually tell you all how much I love your community and am addicted to it, but I didn't think I'd be telling you this soon! I really appreciate the air of unity I detect here. I also love the fact that many here are very knowledgable about their cars and are so willing to assist one another with technical things. I definitly will remain a constant member here and feel fortunate to have "stumbled" into your community. So many have welcomed me and to all of you all, thank you!

As far as me switching sides, well... not likely. At least not now. I am so in love with my BMW and cannot even fathom driving another car right now. I will say, however, I've always been a fan of the GS line inparticular. I truly turned into a fan when I underestimated a GS 400 and was smoked by it last year on the Grand Central Parkway. What a beast that car is!! I always raced the 300s and toasted them, and thought the 400s would be a similiar deal. NO WAY! Beautifully designed and very nicely tuned. I am definitly a fan of the GS line and I am absolutly a huge fan of the Lexus community! Thanks so much for having me!

Cheers to you all!!
hey which bmw do you have.
Old 01-14-04, 08:07 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

just for reference, method quoted me $3150+ tax/shipping for 19s, and $3600+tax/shipping for 20s...
Old 01-14-04, 08:08 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

btw, that prices are wheels only....so hopefully those who picked up their gettins before are happy with those prized possession

Quick Reply: are Zauber Gettins Dead?