Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

are Zauber Gettins Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-04, 01:24 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Receptionist just called me and told me that UPS has delivered 4 boxes for me!!!

...wonder what that could be?
Old 01-14-04, 01:26 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GS4Will
just for reference, method quoted me $3150+ tax/shipping for 19s, and $3600+tax/shipping for 20s...
what finish was this for Will?
Old 01-14-04, 01:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by MSBoy
Receptionist just called me and told me that UPS has delivered 4 boxes for me!!!

...wonder what that could be?
Your kinda new to CL, so I'm only gonna tell you this once:

New Wheels= a day off, or half day

around these parts Mr. day shots need to be taken etc etc. Where are your PRIORITIES??!!

Glad they came man!
Old 01-14-04, 02:06 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Your kinda new to CL, so I'm only gonna tell you this once:

New Wheels= a day off, or half day

around these parts Mr. day shots need to be taken etc etc. Where are your PRIORITIES??!!

Glad they came man!
WoW! Incredible looking wheels in person. This would be my first time seeing them in person. I am in such awe! I just want to thank someone!! Anyone! Thanx guys!! LOL!

I will take pics in a few minutes!

Oh, and Dgot20s, I will be checking this evening what the situation looks like on Friday. If all looks good, I will be taking the day off!
Old 01-15-04, 11:55 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i have 2 say that in a short time u made a great impression on us too. well me 4 sure. thanx 4 the info and updates u provided....

i'm a little confused. did u recive them or r u waiting 4 them...if u r waiting 4 then than yes a day off is required by clublexus 4 pics 2 b posted ...its a written rule u agreed 2 when u signed up, u just didn't c it. can't wait 4 the pics... what size and finish did u go with?
Old 01-15-04, 05:11 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Okay, my apologies for not posting pics of the wheels yesterday. I was way too excited and didn't get back online after opening the boxes and inspecting the goods! Well, they are all inspected and they are all GOOD! So, without further delay...
Attached Thumbnails are Zauber Gettins Dead?-gettin002.jpg  
Old 01-15-04, 05:13 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

ahhh.... more more
Old 01-15-04, 05:17 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Very nice man, also its good that you bucked the trend on your BMW by mounting JDM wheels, rather just going the usual hamann, breyton, ACS route!

Those wheels are gonna look hot when bolted up! What type/size tires do you have coming?

And what color is your car again?
Old 01-15-04, 05:25 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bluelex
i have 2 say that in a short time u made a great impression on us too. well me 4 sure. thanx 4 the info and updates u provided....

i'm a little confused. did u recive them or r u waiting 4 them...if u r waiting 4 then than yes a day off is required by clublexus 4 pics 2 b posted ...its a written rule u agreed 2 when u signed up, u just didn't c it. can't wait 4 the pics... what size and finish did u go with?
bluelex, thanx for saying that. Means a lot. I have to say that in such a short time this Lex community has made a tremendous impression on me. You all are TRULY a close community. Honored to be welcomed as a part of it regardless of the fact that I don't own a Lexus.

As far as taking the day off... well, I was going to try to take it off on Friday as mentioned a few posts back, but because of the snow storm here in NY, I wound up not going in today and I have such a huge load of things to do. So I will be going in on Friday, unfortunately. Even worse news is... I have decided that I should wait a few more weeks before I put the wheels on because I don't want to subject them to the winter woes, like snow and salt!!! YIKES! But, seriously, I am really going to take a day off just to mount them and take pics STRICTLY because you and DGOT20S have enforced your community rules on me! Makes me feel like more of a part of things here!
Old 01-15-04, 05:30 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Yeah MS my g/f a and brother called me today and told me about the mother load of snow that got dumped on NYC its sad when you get more snow in NYC than I do in New England!! LOL

Hey man check your PM.
Old 01-15-04, 05:32 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

definately wait 2 put them on if this is u'r everyday car, i understand....i'm going 2 inforce another CL rule on u!!!! we need more pics!!! we hear love pics from every angle... ok, its really me ....i can't tell the size from the pic and mayb missed what exact model u have mayb u can share with me.......i know that feeling when u 1st open the box, its like a rush where u just want 2 fall 2 u'r knees, ....ok, mayb thats just what happen 2 me...
Old 01-15-04, 05:41 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

They are 19 x 8.5 (front) and 19 x 9.0 (rear).
I feel like I messed up. I should have gone 8.5 or 9.0 in the front and 10 in the rear. I am trying not to think about it too much because I will talk myself into returning the 8.5s and ordering 10s. Please don't tell me what I should do, because I just might listen to you!!!!

The tires (from Tire Rack) are Kuhmo Excta MXs. I didn't really want to go the Kuhmo route but was kinda forced to do it because the tires I really wanted is not yet available in the size that I want. The size I want for the rear is 265/30/19. The tire I wanted so bad was BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2. My second choice was the Good Year F1s. The BFG's should be out by the spring, so I may consider selling the Kumhos at that time if I don't love them.
Attached Thumbnails are Zauber Gettins Dead?-gettin003.jpg  
Old 01-15-04, 05:47 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

By the way, my car is black. I was thinking about powder-coating the wheels a few shades darker. NOT too dark. I want them to look silver, but I want a bigger speckle on the wheel so that when the sun hits it, it will look like little diamonds! If I don't powder-coat them I think I will DEFINITLY strip the logo on the centercap, powder-coat it black with a semi-glossy finish and possibly laminate them with this special finish that the powder-coating dude told me about.
Old 01-15-04, 05:53 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Oh, and regarding the center caps, I asked the powder-coat guy if he could emboss either the BMW roundel logo or emboss BMW on them. (He has a machine shop as well). He said that he could do it, but he needs to see the center caps first. Said that it will cost me a pretty penny to get done too. So, we will see. What do you guys think about me doing that? Honest opinions please.

bluelex, I didn't take too many pics of the wheels. Tomorrow I will take all 4 of them out and take pics. I can't get enough of seeing them! And WOE!!! I didn't realize you had Gettins as well! Your car looks insane!! The Gettins look sick when spinning too! Whewww!
Old 01-15-04, 06:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

yeah man, you probably shoulda gone at least 9.5 in the rear, but I dont know if I would be able to wait for 2new wheels to come!! maybe call the wheel place and see what they can do for ya!

Those wheels are gonna look HOT on the car, and I think you should leave the stock center cap, the Zauber text looks really nice

Whats you s/n on E46fanatics?

Quick Reply: are Zauber Gettins Dead?