Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

are Zauber Gettins Dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 06:11 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Very nice man, also its good that you bucked the trend on your BMW by mounting JDM wheels, rather just going the usual hamann, breyton, ACS route!

Those wheels are gonna look hot when bolted up! What type/size tires do you have coming?

And what color is your car again?
DGOT, you will never fully know how much I loathe the ACS, Hamann, Breyton trend. I mean, the wheels are really great quality wheels, but EVERYONE either gets them or wants them desperately. I hate looking like everyone else! Besides, the designs are not that appealing to me at all. No real innovation in my opinion. But I will say that the new ACS Type 4 Racing wheel for 2004 is hot looking! Here is a glimpse:
Attached Thumbnails are Zauber Gettins Dead?-acstype4racing.jpg  
Old 01-15-04, 06:14 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

LOL! I am on this mad posting spree on this thread all of a sudden because I keep remembering things I want to say AFTER I post. I think this is the last thing I wanted to say...

What does JDM represent? I got JDM wheels? Do inform me and excuse my ignorance.
Old 01-15-04, 06:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Cool wheel, but the center cap is NOT for me! i think its too easy to buy a BMW and put the "application specific" parts on, but I must say I saw a black E36 M3 sedan with 19" chrome Breyton Magic's in Brooklyn 2weeks ago, and I was like The car was dropped low and the lips were just POPPING!!!

I envy you Euro car guys with your low offsets!! Automatic lip action!

Japanese Domestic Market

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 01-15-04 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-15-04, 08:54 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
yeah man, you probably shoulda gone at least 9.5 in the rear, but I dont know if I would be able to wait for 2new wheels to come!! maybe call the wheel place and see what they can do for ya!

Those wheels are gonna look HOT on the car, and I think you should leave the stock center cap, the Zauber text looks really nice

Whats you s/n on E46fanatics?
I asked you real nicely not to tell me what to do! ...sigh.

It's late here (11:45pm), so I e-mailed Method Motor Works, telling them that I would like to do a swap. They will call me back tomorrow and I will begin the process.

Thanx DGOT!

Old 01-15-04, 09:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey man you dont HAVE to, I just dont want you to be kicking yourself down the road, personally, if I had a set of gettins in my living room, I would be WAAYYY to eager to put them on my car to send them all back for and extra .5" or 1"!!!

See what they say, if its too much of a hassle, just keep them and put them on the car dammit!! Who cares about snow!! LOL
Old 01-16-04, 09:17 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thanx man.....i love the wheels still and in motion just a great lookign wheel, agreed a 8.5/9.5 combo at least would b almost perfect but like "D" said u don't have 2 , i don't know if i could wait too long 4 them 2 swap that out 4 me but than again u'r not putting them on anytime soon cus of winter so?
Old 01-16-04, 12:18 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that i would send them back. now that i know what I know thanks to CL i would send them back because if you dont every time you look at the rear your going to think to your self "shoot i should have gotten the the 9.5" just like when i got my car w/o navigation and know i wish i had gotten it but I still love my car
Old 01-16-04, 03:01 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LEXISM
I think that i would send them back. now that i know what I know thanks to CL i would send them back because if you dont every time you look at the rear your going to think to your self "shoot i should have gotten the the 9.5" just like when i got my car w/o navigation and know i wish i had gotten it but I still love my car
Aftermarket navigation is generally better than OEM anyway. Just go for an aftermarket one.

Last edited by MSBoy; 01-17-04 at 12:15 AM.