Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Black Rims . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 05:27 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

its a tough decision, u would b very differewnt with black and polished lips wheels but than again remeber u would b different with chrome wheels too cus u would get some nice quality ones not some crap like u c on the streets a lot......i'd go chrome, but thts just me, black on chrome is just a classic combo ....decisions decisions
Old 01-15-04, 05:33 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SCHEME
Damn!! I think if I had an Aston Martin I caould make an exception on whole lot of things. I sill haven't decided. It would definitly set my car apart here in Atlanta where people put chrome wheels on any thing and everything. I just don't want to do it and then regret not getting chrome feet.
I know man, I think I love that car!!

back to topic, have you thought about a black/chrome combo wheel? Wheels like Maya DTM have windows that can be painted, while the face stays chrome!!! That may be a good way to have the best of both worlds, plus custom paint would keep you in pretty rare company!
Old 04-04-05, 05:29 PM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about putting black wheels on. I dont want to go back to chrome. I think it kind of looks fuuny on the antique bronze mica. Dont get me wrong my factory wheels are chrome and so are my Alba bertha series wheels. The more I think about black or gun metal I get this itch to just go for it. What do yall think.
Old 04-04-05, 08:10 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I say go for gunmetal or graphite. I think black is just too dark for the white/silver/antique bronze mica . I almost did my new wheels in graphite but changed my mind at the last minute
Old 04-07-05, 03:25 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen black wheels on black, white, silver, flint mica, black cherry and a few other colors and they all look good. Some look better than others but black on white is actually a nice combo too.

Graphite/Grey wouldn't be a bad choice either...as for taking the wheels apart, I see this done ALL the time. If you have a 3-piece wheel, this is easy. If it's two piece, it HAS to be an unwelded 2-piece. 1-piece, forget it unless you want to do some masking....

I'm a fan of various variations. I've had different color and different finish wheels (even "all chrome"....relax, it was a factory set of wheels...) and I think many of them look good. I've been wanting to do black wheels on my car for some time but I always thought that the gloss black finishes looked ghetto (and I still do)....it wasn't until iForged offered a "flat" finish that I actually pulled the trigger. I can honestly say I don't regret it.

Old 04-07-05, 11:09 AM
TRULUX
Lead Lap

That looks great.
Old 04-13-05, 01:11 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCHEME
As my GS3 is black I'm starting to consider black wheels (just when I had it narrowed down to 2 chrome ones ) Anyway, it seems like all the wheels that are made black either don't come in 19" or are not a design that I particularly like. I saw some old posts about people painting there wheels. has anyone ever bought the rims they liked and had them painted? If I do paint some wheels, I'm thinking I should get silver wheels and If I get three peice I could take them apart and just paint the face. Anyone done this? Black with chrome lip would be the best look I think.

BTW: Do black rims look smaller?

Aftermarket paint has the following problems:
1.) avoid warranty
2.) cheap paint & easy to peer off
3.) dangerous to put the pcs back together (will have leaking issue)

Why do it yourself, when you can get Manufacture Paint with Amistad Wheels Group Buy ends 4/20.
Old 04-15-05, 10:48 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

black wheels with a chrome lip on an expensive car looks so baller. I would go with black 20's on your gs.