Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

rdm wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-04, 05:33 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be surprised if RDM ever saw the wheels. They probably got them in boxes from the manufacturer and shipped them in the same box.
Old 04-01-04, 05:34 PM
twankys
Driver

well i got nitto nt555 tires so i dont know if they mounted those or they had their supplier do it? what do you think?

thanks
Old 04-01-04, 05:35 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

worse than if they damaged them, they could ship BS and give a tracking number. I know a member that bought wheels from a crooked person, and he received 4boxes that contained *** bald tires!!!! Then the crooked seller attempted to blame HIM for damaging the product! imagine that
Old 04-01-04, 06:00 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

worse than if they damaged them, they could ship BS and give a tracking number. I know a member that bought wheels from a crooked person, and he received 4boxes that contained *** bald tires!!!! Then the crooked seller attempted to blame HIM for damaging the product! imagine that
As shady as some of us think RDM is, I don't think that would happen. That seller you talked about was a private seller that was fairly new to CL.

twankys - I don't think you should worry that much. I didn't realize they were sending the tires already mounted. They probably had them mounted there or at a shop local to them and I doubt they would send you damaged goods. Please take this one word of advice.

DO NOT ACCEPT SHIPMENT (don't sign anything) UNTIL YOU HAVE INSPECTED ALL THE PACKAGES. In case one or more of the wheels is damaged keep some packing tape handy so you can retape them and get them back on the truck.
Old 04-02-04, 04:28 AM
Cali_GS300
Driver School Candidate

ClubLexus should have have a BLACKLIST sticky!

Places and people with bad business practices!

RDM Wheels | www.rdmwheels.com | 800.RDM.WHEL
Reason: Poor customer service, 6 month shipping, no return policy.
Reference: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...iforged+wheels

iForged | www.iForged.com | 800.IFORGED
Reason: Poor customer service, 6 month shipping, no return policy.
Reference: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...iforged+wheels

Last edited by Cali_GS300; 04-02-04 at 04:30 AM.
Old 04-02-04, 01:26 PM
twankys
Driver

what if i am not home when they get here? cant i still send them back to fedex like take it to one of thier stores? i called fedex and they said to leave a note on the door where to live the boxes and if it was ok to do so without a signature cause i dont know if i will be here when they come cause i have community service to do.
Old 04-02-04, 01:37 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I believe that the big problem with RDM is with bad customer service and not giving accurate shipping dates. I haven't heard a problem with them sending damaged wheels to anyone. As long as they actually get there, you should be OK. You can leave a note on your door not to leave any packages and they will leave a claim slip for you, that way you can pick them up at Fedex later.
Old 04-02-04, 03:51 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by twankys
what if i am not home when they get here? cant i still send them back to fedex like take it to one of thier stores? i called fedex and they said to leave a note on the door where to live the boxes and if it was ok to do so without a signature cause i dont know if i will be here when they come cause i have community service to do.
I suggest you do whatever possible to be there that day or have a good friend be there when the wheels are dropped off. You need to open the boxes and inspect them before Fed Ex leaves. Do not leave a note for Fed Ex to leave the boxes somewhere else unless you make plans to have Fed Ex leave them at their warehouse.. Remember, this a money you're talking about. What if RDM shipped the wrong wheels or what if Fed Ex damaged one of the wheels. If there's a problem with the wheels, you can decline the shipment and have them sent back. Do it right bro...
Old 04-02-04, 06:36 PM
legendary
Racer

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
I suggest you do whatever possible to be there that day or have a good friend be there when the wheels are dropped off. You need to open the boxes and inspect them before Fed Ex leaves. Do not leave a note for Fed Ex to leave the boxes somewhere else unless you make plans to have Fed Ex leave them at their warehouse.. Remember, this a money you're talking about. What if RDM shipped the wrong wheels or what if Fed Ex damaged one of the wheels. If there's a problem with the wheels, you can decline the shipment and have them sent back. Do it right bro...
I agree
Old 04-03-04, 05:39 AM
twankys
Driver

i just dont understand if fedex left them there and i got home an hour later and opened the boxes and saw damage or wrong wheels why i couldnt call fed ex and tell them that? to me it justs seems like a bad business if they are not going to take the wheels back when the customer has complaints with them....but i dont think the wheels are coming till tuesday now so hopefully my wife will be able to be here when they come.

thanks
Old 04-04-04, 09:25 AM
jjc01
Rookie

Default I Hope You Fare Better Than Me

I wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t admit I did a “double take” when I say your thread. As I read your story, my jaw tightened, my skin began to crawl, and I began to experience the same gastro-unpleasantness that was the hallmark of my experience with RDM… Suffice to say (I believe my thread has already been cited), I was, on more than one occasion, given erroneous wheel status information by RDM. In my case, they had charged my credit card for the purchase of wheels. I was also one of those individuals to whom RDM was very happy to repeatedly cite their “no cancellation policy.” My credit card company was another. The representative from whom I purchase my wheels was at times a master at not only maintaining my (mistaken) trust, but also at manipulating the facts and circumstances in a manner that portrayed RDM as Saint-like, and perhaps even a victim, in the eyes of the credit card company. In my case, though the manufacturer couldn’t get the wheels out of the sub-contracted chrome plating plant, their spokesperson apologetically provided timely and accurate status (albeit it of non-progress) information. RDM’s status reports on the other hand were a totally different story, and would best be described as inaccurate and then non-existent (as in the total silence you experience when you have been abandoned by the party who was formerly communicating with you in what you had (and I chose this word carefully) “assumed” was “good-faith.”). As a matter of fact, I exclusively relied on the manufacturer to provide status reports during the latter part of my ordeal. That decision was made after RDM became non-responsive to me and simply disappeared from my world, which was very interesting, because at the same time, they were maintaining the most cordial, and cozy of relationships with my credit card company. The previous posts to your string have provided you with excellent advice that you should heed carefully. Use your tracking number to monitor the progress of the delivery, communicate with the delivery company to coordinate the arrival of the wheels, and be there when they arrive. You do however need to determine if FEDEX or UPS will immediately take the boxes back once you open them for inspection. They would not in my case, unless a box was showing signs of damage on the outside upon delivery. Then, and only then, that particular box could be immediately returned. If you have a damaged box, are allowed to inspect its contents in order make a determination on whether or not to accept delivery, and find the contents (the wheel) damaged, my advice is that you not take delivery of any of the wheels (regardless of what promises you will most certainly receive from the retailer or manufacturer)! Even if only one wheel is damaged, refuse to accept delivery of a partial shipment and send them all back. I found out the hard way that three wheels can sit a very long, lonesome, and frustrating time, while they are waiting for the replacement wheel to “expeditiously” arrive. Additionally, that will not be the time to personally engage in an experiment on the truthfulness or integrity of your retailer, manufacturer, or brother-man; it will be an opportunity to learn from someone else’s unfortunate mistakes, as well as history, and not make the same mistake… I hope you realize sooner than me that three wheels do you no more good than one or two. You ordered and need four wheels to do anything beyond washing or waxing, and the excitement you derive from playing with the partial delivery will turn to resentment far sooner than you might ever imagine as your seemingly endless wait for the replacement wheel drones-on. This forum was my greatest source of sanity, as well as strength, and none of us will judge you for whatever decision you ultimately make, but we do want to share our experiences, so you are hopefully a little more informed when you make your decision… I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Old 04-04-04, 09:55 AM
twankys
Driver

thanks....yea i have been tracking my 4 packages and two of them were still at the tampa sorting facility and two were scanned in columbus ohio....so i called fedex and asked someone about this and she said that the packages werent going to arrive until tuesday so they should all be caught back up with each other by then......and i told my wife to open all the boxes and check out the wheels and tires before she signed for the packages...so im hoping everything turns out for the best....i will keep everyone posted on the situation

thanks for all the help
Old 04-04-04, 10:42 AM
legendary
Racer

thanks for the insight JJC...immediately when I saw his post, I felt the same thing.

Hence my posts.....not to incite fear, but educate

Good luck bro
Old 04-05-04, 05:40 PM
twankys
Driver

say the fedex guy only has 2 wheels should i still decline shipment? i have 4 packages coming to me and 2 got seperated from the other 2 but it still says they will arive on the same day....what if i only get two shold i have him take em back to warehouse and wait till others arrive and then pick them up from warehouse or accept the two as long as no damage and wait for other two? dont know if this will happen but just want to be prepared....one more thing to put my wheels on do i need a torque wrench to know how much pound feet of tourque to tighten them to or will a socket set work? thing is my brother who has a truck wont be home till around 5 or so and the shop that puts them on closes at 6 so i dont know if i can make it up there in time and i know i cant get them in my sc

thanks
Old 04-06-04, 08:21 AM
jjc01
Rookie

While you have to do what you feel comfortable with, if the packages were separated in shipment, I would have FEDEX hold the partial shipment until the remainder of the shipment arrives. By doing so, you can make your decision based on the total shipment, as when you placed your order. RE the torque wrench, the wheels are supposed to be bolted down to a manufacturer-specific torque, so you’re guessing without one, but I personally go by feel… Good luck.