Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-04, 04:49 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if you bought them on a cc, dispute the charges.

the wheels are junk!
Old 04-30-04, 05:41 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow man I really cant believe this is happening. My little bro had Zenetti Mystics on his Avalon and they had excellent chrome plating. Never a problem. Maybe Zenetti is slacking off, or maybe its the wheel design, who knows.

Seriously if I were in your shoes, I would dispute the charge and try to get my money back!!

Sorry man, good luck though.
Old 05-01-04, 02:27 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Jmaal13: I feel your pain and hope things works out for you. Remember what you pay is what you get. I learned that the hard way. So now i stay away from knockoff wheels. I rather take longer to save money and get the real deal and not worry about flaws and regret.

Tommy
Old 05-01-04, 03:43 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default zenetti

Jmaal13,
How much did you pay for your wheels? What size? These questions are not really relevant, just curious. Mine were 19x8 and 19x9.5 and cost $1500 even.
I'll try to stop by my wheel shop today to try to get some information to help you. Maybe my guys know what to do in these situations.
Old 05-01-04, 10:06 AM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Default Thanks

I paid 2650 20x8.5 all the way around. Apparently the 20x10 wasn't available yet.
this price was with nitto tires. Thanks for your help reggiek.

I thought Zenetti might have been an alright company. I didnt want to spend too much
because I plan on getting an ls430 in the future. I will spend alot on the wheels for
that car. And they won't be by zenetti.
Old 05-01-04, 11:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

There have been CL members with Zenetti's before and I have never heard of the chrome peeling like this. I wonder if they (Zenetti) were trying to rush out a aggressive 5spoke with a lip and just goofed on this one. The big lip look is really getting popular, maybe they were trying to capitalize on the trend and cut corners. I find it funny that every peeling case relates to the Five.

Anyhow u should be conjuring up some "strength in numbers" type plan. Maybe a online petition, or a email of someone at the corporate offices that could be contacted? I'm willing to help and I'm sure other members are as well.
Old 05-01-04, 11:32 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default zenetti

Hey Jmaal13,
I spoke to my salesman at the wheel shop, I told him your problem. He said he would contact the company on your behalf as a favor to me. They are closed Monday, he'll do it on Tuesday. Tell me your name and what city you're in. Phone number too. If you could get them to me he would change them out for you.
Old 05-01-04, 07:13 PM
TxLexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jma

That sucks bro, I can feel your frustration with wheel shops. Here is my nightmare with wheel shop.

About last year, I placed an order for a set of HP EVO in 18s stagger setup. The shop told me they can get it and it would take 5 business days. So I go cool. I had to use my credit card to place and order.

Well 5 days come around nothing, They say shipping is probably late. So I say cool, I can understand that. So I figure, ya know what, I ll call them back in a week just to give them time. 15 business days later I called and they say its on back order from HP. Well ****** they know this and didnt tell me, why didnt they tell me. I then told them that I like to cancel my order. Then they say ok. but there will be a 30 percent restocking fee.

Well how the hell is there a restocking fee when I didnt get my wheels! Talk about pissed off.
well 30 percent of the set of wheels was 240bucks. I called my discover card to cancel all charges.
well somehow in the dispute, the wheel shop had it written in there policy that they are allow up to 6 weeks to get me my wheels , canceling early would be charge a restocking fee of 30 percent.

To make a long story short, I got screwed out of 240bucks for no reason. no wheels and all headache.
You know I let things go, but I dont forget. I will take care of this matter one way or another. EHEHEHEHEH I am evil when I am screwed over.

Anyways I am glad I didnt get the cheap HP. I ll probably be in your situation. I spent extra to get me a nice set of VOLKs I will never go back to cheapos.

Good luck bro.

C
Old 05-01-04, 08:06 PM
Jmaal13
Rookie

Default Ok

Thanks reg

I will post info tomorrow
Old 05-02-04, 06:09 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ok

Originally posted by Jmaal13
Thanks reg

just send him u'r info in a pm, no need 2 post u'r info....i really hope it turns out well, sorry i couldn't personally help but some guys r stepping up 2 the plate like i thought they would.....Reg , thats great man , i hope u'r shop can help that would b such a stand up thing 2 do considering they didn't even sell him the wheels....big
Old 05-02-04, 08:03 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Ok

Originally posted by Jmaal13
Thanks reg

Jmaal13,
Like bluelex said, pm the info. Is it possible to just send me your wheels? That way we can change them out without going through a big fuss with the company. I am very pleased my guys at the wheel shop would step up to the plate with an offer like that. Let's try to take advantage of it.
Old 05-02-04, 09:18 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: Ok

Originally posted by reggiek
Jmaal13,
Like bluelex said, pm the info. Is it possible to just send me your wheels? That way we can change them out without going through a big fuss with the company. I am very pleased my guys at the wheel shop would step up to the plate with an offer like that. Let's try to take advantage of it.
thats great Reg, and big 2 u too 4 going out of u'r way 2 help out....
Old 05-02-04, 09:30 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow i can really feel the togetherness...

CL=
Old 05-02-04, 10:46 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: Re: Re: Ok

Originally posted by bluelex
thats great Reg, and big 2 u too 4 going out of u'r way 2 help out....
Hell yeah man CL members are the BEST, hands down
Old 07-13-04, 09:10 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, my I bought my g/f some chrome 18x8 Zenetti Vega's 6 months ago and there has not been one problem so far with the wheels chrome finish. In fact, we just put some chrome polish on last week and I was truly amazed how well the wheels looked. IMO, they are a good brand for the price.

However, it is possible that Zenetti may be using a different company to chrome the wheels now which is causing all the problems. Another issue may be the wheels in general... The Zenetti Five is a new wheel and they might have rushed production to get the new wheels out in the market. Who knows but whatever the case is.... Zenetti needs to resolve the peeling chrome issue. Thats horrible!

Here's a pic of my g/f car....
Attached Thumbnails Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels-pics-1281.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help! Read Before You Buy Zenetti Wheels