Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

20inch wheel choices for 2nd gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-04, 07:32 AM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re

Thanks Dgot, I just can't see spending all of that dough with no turn over. I'm into music, and I would rather
get another Keyboard. At least I can make my money back for a track. D whats the spot on broadway called. Or where can I get a responable priced chrome forged wheel that I don't have to hussle to get them. Any links. D let me know. D what was the weight on your old rims. I like your new one and the old one. HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT. THANKS FOR THE INFO
Old 05-12-04, 08:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: Re

Originally posted by maxi-milli
D whats the spot on broadway called. Or where can I get a responable priced chrome forged wheel that I don't have to hussle to get them. D what was the weight on your old rims. I like your new one and the old one.
Are you familiar with the Bed-Stuy, Bushwick area? The spot is on Broadway bt Green and Van Buren, its called Lopez Tire Shop. Its just a flat fix spot, nothing fancy, but he has accounts to get wheels. I got my DVS' from him and my boy bought some Arelli's from him, both brand new. Ask for Chu-chi ( i know its a funny name). Tell him Flaco with the Blue Lexus sent you.(he has only seen my gold car once). He is a cool guy, when I didn't want my DVS's anymore I took them back to him and he sold them for me. (for a small fee of course).

My Dronells were really light too, something like 30lbs I think (it was 46lbs with a tire and air). My new wheels are 26lbs. To be honest man, its give and take, I really dont know any easy to get (no waiting), inexpensive, 20' chrome forged wheels. Its all about the compromise your willing to accept.

Thanks for the comps and you can PM me for the number to that rim shop.
Old 05-12-04, 08:26 AM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Default re

Thanks D, I really apperciate the info. I'll just call 411 for the number. I noticed some people only post there opinion and not any info. This helps me in the least. D what was the price on your Dronells? Thanks to all that do post informative info. I appreciate it. D your the greatest.
Old 05-12-04, 09:06 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: re

Thanks D, I really apperciate the info. I'll just call 411 for the number. I noticed some people only post there opinion and not any info. This helps me in the least. D what was the price on your Dronells? Thanks to all that do post informative info. I appreciate it. D your the greatest.
They dont make them anymore, but I paid 3k for them with tires and dont worry about it, also try superbuytires.com they have 20s with tires for REAL cheap! LOL
Old 05-12-04, 01:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: 20inch choice

I am thinking about buying some shoes. I am caught between the D' vinci Blade, Decorsa Polaris 5, or the HP onyx ( the last two are sold on wheelmax). Anyone have these wheels or know of these brand if they are repitable or not. I am leaning towards the Decorsa Polaris 5, but i think the D' vinci may look hot on the lex. Which one would really fit the shape of our car nice. By the way I have an alpine silver GS. Also espelir springs and ltuner struts on the way.
Sorry I don't know how to make links or I would have. If some one can post the three links or have pic with these wheels on their car Holla Back. Thanks

maxi ,, that last statement you made about people posting opinions and no real help was alittle off base ,, look at the start of your thread , you were soliciting opinions and basically advice .. if you had asked for places like D gave you , heck i could refer you to NY wheels and tires ask for Brendon Beckford , know him for years and they have the biggest wheel and tire shop probably in Queens on liberty ave and 150 st south jamaica .. state of the art facilities and the best pricing for they are a dist as well .. (i used to live in queens just moved to fl about 4 1/2 yrs ago). they have what you are looking for in your budjet but thenagain thats not what you were asking for

we all are here i hope to help and advise each other ,, take it easy good luck on your wheel quest
Old 05-13-04, 02:11 PM
maxi-milli
Rookie

Default re

lexforlife thanks for the details. I just wanted to know which one out of these wheels would fit the shape
of the GS400. Your right I shouldn't have asked if these are repitable companies, which invits the opinion.
I still didn't get the answer(fitting the shape), but its all good. I think I going to get the polaris 5's. Thanks to all who gave advice, and their opinion, and not just their opinion.
Old 05-14-04, 06:50 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is a great wheel for Lexus GS.

If you want to go high-end, this is it.

Relax, the center cap is flat not round like in the pic.

Ted
Attached Thumbnails 20inch wheel choices for 2nd gen GS-symbolic-sl-55.jpg  
Old 05-14-04, 06:51 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Forgot to say th ename of the wheel, its SYMBOLIC WHEELS.

www.symbolicwheels.com

Ted