Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Racing Hart C5..played out ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-04, 03:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they may be old, but those (as well as the C2) in multipiece are still nice wheels, very classy. If you like them then go for it, thats all that matters!
Old 05-18-04, 04:04 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DGOT20s
If you like them then go for it, thats all that matters!
True. That is the final deciding factor.
Old 05-18-04, 04:30 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i've had both the C5 and C2 3-piece and was very happy with them, they were hot, even if knock offs were everywhere......but what's played out are the concept-5s, the real ones are hard to come by now a days, especially 19s in good condition......i have no idea about the evolution line, i just assumed they were ok....anyhow, C5s are classic, taht's why i have the CX, they look somewhat like the C5
Old 05-18-04, 09:50 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
Which wheel? or all there wheels?
I meant are RH Evo wheels good quality in general? I'm thinking of some for my car, but I dont want cheap quality
Old 05-18-04, 10:02 PM
kirby122
Pole Position

where's jtanoyo? he had the original racing hart 3piece c5's on his aristo before he got ac rims... dunno if he sold them though?
Old 05-18-04, 10:59 PM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

Originally posted by The_Hitman
I meant are RH Evo wheels good quality in general? I'm thinking of some for my car, but I dont want cheap quality
To be honest I don't know to many people with RH wheels I do know you can't go wrong with Volk, Maido , Maya .
Old 05-20-04, 07:54 AM
lexusnexus
Pole Position

Well, I kinda get the feeling the C5 would not be the freshest choice. So, can anyone verify the the offset of the IS 300 is 45 MM ?

And do most of the high-end manufacturer have hub-centric or lug-centric ?

I think hub centric is the standard, as that assures the wheel will be centered, and true.

I checked TireRack, they don't list the offset ? And most of the wheel selection is not that great either. I bought 4 Michelin Sport from TireRack last December, great prices.

What about the Work VSXX wheel....or the Racing Hart C3 ?
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-04, 08:15 AM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

I'm glad you started this thread, because I was/am seriously thinking of the C5's for my car.. I just wonder if the RH Evolutions would be considered a knockoff, or are they still pretty high quality? I still love the design.. simple 5 spoke w/ a nice little lip.. and the RH Evolutions are reasonably priced. but I dont want a cheap knockoff product.. any help?
Old 05-20-04, 09:39 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of all time favorite wheels along with the BBS LM....
Old 05-20-04, 10:26 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kirby122
where's jtanoyo? he had the original racing hart 3piece c5's on his aristo before he got ac rims... dunno if he sold them though?
I am here, I am here, buddy. HKGS300 has got the 18-in C5s and I got the 19-in C5s. I abused them wheels to ****** and they still hold up pretty well. They are also surprisingly light and the construction is just plain amazing. Seriously, they just don't make 'em like they used to!

I still have these wheels sitting in my garage. I am not sure if I am going to sell them or not, coz like y'all said, they are just so hard to come by. I might want to let them sit around for a while till I can find a car to put them on to.

hehehe, what a weird reversal. We used to find rims to go with the car, now we go and find a car to fit the rims.....*sigh*

You can still find some pics of my C5s on my gallery. It's buried in there somewhere amidst my engine mod pics and new wheel pics....
Old 05-20-04, 10:30 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok ok, here you go:

Not played out as long as you know you are the true original playa'!!!
Old 05-21-04, 07:23 AM
kirby122
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusnexus
Well, I kinda get the feeling the C5 would not be the freshest choice. So, can anyone verify the the offset of the IS 300 is 45 MM ?

And do most of the high-end manufacturer have hub-centric or lug-centric ?

I think hub centric is the standard, as that assures the wheel will be centered, and true.

I checked TireRack, they don't list the offset ? And most of the wheel selection is not that great either. I bought 4 Michelin Sport from TireRack last December, great prices.

What about the Work VSXX wheel....or the Racing Hart C3 ?
i personally would get the work vsxx over the c3s... work rims hands down

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
I am here, I am here, buddy. HKGS300 has got the 18-in C5s and I got the 19-in C5s. I abused them wheels to ****** and they still hold up pretty well. They are also surprisingly light and the construction is just plain amazing. Seriously, they just don't make 'em like they used to!

I still have these wheels sitting in my garage. I am not sure if I am going to sell them or not, coz like y'all said, they are just so hard to come by. I might want to let them sit around for a while till I can find a car to put them on to.

hehehe, what a weird reversal. We used to find rims to go with the car, now we go and find a car to fit the rims.....*sigh*

You can still find some pics of my C5s on my gallery. It's buried in there somewhere amidst my engine mod pics and new wheel pics....
just bowing down to the true original playa!