Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

21 inch rims

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-04, 11:58 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by minnyminh
woww... an uneducated idiot? thats a first. hahahah... i dont take home 5 best LEXUS & LUXURY CLASS at Hot Import Nights last week if I was retarded. I think my pics speaks for itself. 20"s do very well but you really don't see many with bigger rims than that. I just wanted to do something different for the next show. All the 21"s i have seen looks freakin ugly too. I just wanted an opinion and see if anyone has a good style to go with.....
Hey bub. I won 3rd place with my GS at NOPI 2003 by being tasteful and clean, not extravegant. I also throw car shows and judge them. I know a little about the whole scene...

There is a reason the 21s that may fit the GS look ugly. No one makes 21inch rims for the GS. If you really want attention, chrome out some 20" HREs. I guess, throw, 20" HREs on your product list.

Nothing like having some 6k custom wheels on your car to seperate you.
Old 08-14-04, 02:37 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm not going to lie but 1SICKLEX...... Your car looks good. clean and simple good. I give you thumbs up!! I have 3 piece on there right now so I don't think theres any use getting different sets of 20"s.
Old 08-14-04, 05:26 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

hmmmmmm another angry thread

whats going here ?

where's the love man

]

johnny

Last edited by T.L.W.; 08-15-04 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-14-04, 07:16 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by minnyminh
I'm not going to lie but 1SICKLEX...... Your car looks good. clean and simple good. I give you thumbs up!! I have 3 piece on there right now so I don't think theres any use getting different sets of 20"s.
I hope you see that there is an old saying "God is in the details". And for car shows, you DO have to mention these items. But they go a long way. Especially since nowadays, eveyone pretty much has bigger wheels on any car imaginable. I am sure you've seen many where you were like .
Old 08-15-04, 07:46 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys a little off topic, but u guys are saying nowadays at car shows, its how much stuff u put on wins shows instead of quality of the stuff u put on?

Maybe I should get the attachable spinners with neons all around my car. that should put me over the top .
Old 08-15-04, 07:55 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm not takeing side here but giving my opinion and my experiance with the show scene. u really should stay with some 20's but get them in a wider stance 2 fill in u'r wider flares. thats custom and hot. not 21's. they will lift u'r car and they won't fill in the the flares u added. and as far as the shows. its about wildness not class lately. even HIN noticed it and started a VIP section 4 cleaner cars 2 compete with quality mods so we wouldn't go agianst the lambo door'd wild painted lux cars out there...i hit the show scene really hard down here and believe if u get some deep dish 20's. even if u did the same aroes in a custon 2 piece with huge lips u would get much more repect out there from REAL car nuts as opposed 2 those kids who think bigger is better...good luck
Old 08-15-04, 01:22 PM
n0sGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guy,
I not here to start ****. All I am saying is that you guy shouldn't talk **** about people cars like that. If you guy want to spend all your money on a car that is fine with me but like I say different people have different taste on their ride. By the way, what is the point of trophies at shows if the show is all corrupted.

Last edited by n0sGS300; 08-15-04 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-15-04, 05:19 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

...........but 21's on a LS430 look great:
Attached Thumbnails 21 inch rims-3942clublexus2.jpg  
Old 08-15-04, 11:44 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by D-MAN63
Hey guys a little off topic, but u guys are saying nowadays at car shows, its how much stuff u put on wins shows instead of quality of the stuff u put on?

Maybe I should get the attachable spinners with neons all around my car. that should put me over the top .
Well it depends. It seems most judges don't know much so of course whatever is in their face, catches their attention. Sway bars and STBs won't get attention unless u mention it. And if the judge knows a little something, it's usually Honda or such. So you really have to post on your car what mods you have, or talk to the judge(s).

But yes, in most shows flash wins.......
Old 08-16-04, 12:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by n0sGS300
Hey guy,
I not here to start ****. All I am saying is that you guy shouldn't talk **** about people cars like that. If you guy want to spend all your money on a car that is fine with me but like I say different people have different taste on their ride. By the way, what is the point of trophies at shows if the show is all corrupted.
well, that was my point -- there is no point at all
Old 08-16-04, 01:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Lexkost
the ls430 is 8 inches longer, 2 inches wider and 2 inches taller.

by comparison the is300 (compared to the GS) is 12 inches shorter and 3 inches narrower. almost same reason why 20s don't look good on the is300

it's about the size of the car and how the car is shaped
Old 08-16-04, 04:45 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Lexkost
its also a function of the wheel design. Thats a 21" Dronell, that has a lip, so the spoke doesn't extend all the way to the edge. On 21" wheels it gives kind of a animated look (like on the GS on page 1).

Minnyminh- as others have said, I think with your custom widebody, a set of custom 20" wheels would be your best bet, you could go for a really aggressive lip as well. As others have mentioned, car show judges are not always in tune with the details of all cars, so you cant strive to impress them! Do it for yourself, good luck!
Old 08-16-04, 01:04 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

21" is a bit too much for me and 20" is the biggest I have ever seen tastefully done.

On that note, I am pleased with my 19", but to each his own.

-Anthony
Old 08-16-04, 01:36 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, the original poster asked for opinions and he got some. The rest of us don't need to debate the issue of what these opinions are and how he will accept them. His call. If he still wants to do 21s, it's his car to enjoy so I'd say go for it.

minnyminh,

Personally, I'd stay with 20s. The 20s on your car looks great. If you want more visual impact in that area, I'd suggest using the $ towards a big brake kit (as long as your wheels are configured to accept big brakes). Big Brakes always get noticed and you will have the added benefit of better braking. If you want to go all out, get Big Brakes on all four corners (again if your wheels can handle it).
Old 08-17-04, 08:16 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

thanks for all the opinion guys. i have made up my mind and i'm trying to get just the rear rims in a different offset. they have 20x10s in the rear already but going to get it in a different offset. the dronells look good in a 21 and i have seen in on a SC430 and it looked good but i can't roll with the same rims that he has on his already....... any offset opinions?

Quick Reply: 21 inch rims