Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wald S13 Streifen

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 06:12 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
LOL, those wheels will only be "cheap" if they are bought by Lamborghini owners like in the first pic. I remembered an Indonesian kid in LA who bought a Diablo and spent almost $20,000 for custom made magnesium forged wheels for his Lambo. Seriously, for a $275,000 car, what's $20k for wheels? That's pretty much what most of us here spent on our Lexuses (about 5-10% of the total cost of the car in wheels).

Anyway, I did some minor calculation, the 19s in chrome would be $4600 before shipping charges and import duty. I doubt it'd be $7000 even after all that. Still quite attainable for some of the sick bastards here.....
Yeah that is a JDM price though so do keep that in mind. I called a couple of places and they said this wheel in chrome was not available in the U.S.. I know i can get it but one other place told me like 7k so i just said thanks and kept it in mind range wise.
Old 10-11-04, 02:34 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wald is nice, but for our cars we would only get about a half to one inch lip at most which is not worth the high price tag. Wald is pretty much up there in pricing with Junction Produce. They go pretty much one and two as the top two brands in VIPstyling in Japan.
Old 10-12-04, 07:34 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Lord of the Celsiors

That's all on the lip?! WOW. I know there is a high and low disk offset for these. I have a 98 SC300 that i wanted to put this on. I know i can go 19x10 in the rear. I honestly want 19x11 and as much negative offset (read massive lip) i can muster.

I saw the Wald 350z that has serious lip in the rear as well but i do know those are 19x12 or 19x13 if i am not mistaken.

Hmmmm I know CCW has a new wheel out as well.
Old 10-12-04, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by SolShinobi
Lord of the Celsiors

That's all on the lip?! WOW. I know there is a high and low disk offset for these. I have a 98 SC300 that i wanted to put this on. I know i can go 19x10 in the rear. I honestly want 19x11 and as much negative offset (read massive lip) i can muster.

I saw the Wald 350z that has serious lip in the rear as well but i do know those are 19x12 or 19x13 if i am not mistaken.

Hmmmm I know CCW has a new wheel out as well.
you can fit 11 in the back if you want with no fender mod, you just need to get higher offset that's all. like i said in some posts before, the sickest setup i have seen on a stock lowered sc, 9.5 in the front and 11 or 11.5 in the back
Old 10-12-04, 01:18 PM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Originally posted by rominl
you can fit 11 in the back if you want with no fender mod, you just need to get higher offset that's all. like i said in some posts before, the sickest setup i have seen on a stock lowered sc, 9.5 in the front and 11 or 11.5 in the back

Rominl...

Do you have any pics of that?
Old 10-12-04, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Rominl...

Do you have any pics of that?
well i am still waiting to see that car, hopefully smoe time in nov. the car must be sick i am telling you

oh and of course, those are hre
Old 10-12-04, 09:36 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

350Z & G35C have offset in low 20s', therefore normally they can have about 1+ inch more than GS, LS, SC300/400 (not the SC430 though.) I've seen many Lexus with WALD wheels (not widebody) and the lip is abput 1 or 1 1/2 in the front & at most 2 in the rear.
Old 10-12-04, 10:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
350Z & G35C have offset in low 20s', therefore normally they can have about 1+ inch more than GS, LS, SC300/400 (not the SC430 though.) I've seen many Lexus with WALD wheels (not widebody) and the lip is abput 1 or 1 1/2 in the front & at most 2 in the rear.
now that's really really weak.... considering that with other wheels you can have 2" in the front of the GS easy
Old 10-13-04, 06:05 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

now that's really really weak.... considering that with other wheels you can have 2" in the front of the GS easy
WOW that sucks!

well i am still waiting to see that car, hopefully smoe time in nov. the car must be sick i am telling you

oh and of course, those are hre

You guys....i love HRE but it's seriously out of my budget. I could get them but well...i would have to find a deal. I use to sell wheels, so paying full price to me is a huge no no.
Old 10-13-04, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

WOW that sucks!

You guys....i love HRE but it's seriously out of my budget. I could get them but well...i would have to find a deal. I use to sell wheels, so paying full price to me is a huge no no.
hahhaa, how about iforged? there is a nice gb right now
Old 10-14-04, 06:31 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Default well....

If i bought from iForged i would not be able to sleep at night.

There have been too many issues with them on getting wheels to their customers. I think i am going to go CCW. They have a new wheel out. So......I think CCW it will be.

It would have to be a hellified price for me to go iForged. Risk is too great, for me as a consumer, to put my money out there with them and their delivery record is to shakey.
Old 10-14-04, 11:48 AM
LexFather

Those wheels are perfect.
Old 10-14-04, 12:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: well....

If i bought from iForged i would not be able to sleep at night.

There have been too many issues with them on getting wheels to their customers. I think i am going to go CCW. They have a new wheel out. So......I think CCW it will be.

It would have to be a hellified price for me to go iForged. Risk is too great, for me as a consumer, to put my money out there with them and their delivery record is to shakey.
well they used to be bad, but seems like they are getting better. plus now D2 is a sponsor here on clublexus so communication is probably better
Old 10-15-04, 11:27 AM
SolShinobi
Rookie

Default Re: Re: well....

well they used to be bad, but seems like they are getting better. plus now D2 is a sponsor here on clublexus so communication is probably better
Hmmmm...guess i'll have to see how that group buy turns out.
Old 10-15-04, 04:44 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
LOL, those wheels will only be "cheap" if they are bought by Lamborghini owners like in the first pic. I remembered an Indonesian kid in LA who bought a Diablo and spent almost $20,000 for custom made magnesium forged wheels for his Lambo. Seriously, for a $275,000 car, what's $20k for wheels? That's pretty much what most of us here spent on our Lexuses (about 5-10% of the total cost of the car in wheels).

Anyway, I did some minor calculation, the 19s in chrome would be $4600 before shipping charges and import duty. I doubt it'd be $7000 even after all that. Still quite attainable for some of the sick bastards here.....
Agree.

$4600=>$7000 some overhead costs to save your trouble dealing with Japan (they never return e-mails and phone calls anyway)

Quick Reply: Wald S13 Streifen