Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

is +32 offset to aggresive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-04, 03:07 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by antbo
coo'. thanks fellas

hey OneTonVIP, you i was those euroline's were actually my first pick. imma PM you right now.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ann...?s=&forumid=76
Old 11-12-04, 03:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

OneTon, you also have an unread PM from me I sent on 11-05-04 17:12
Old 11-12-04, 03:56 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I like how I just discovered how to check my PMs... replies sent.
In re: to the post two above, other than the personal (yup, all mine) sets of wheels that I had posted for sale in the classifieds before, I have no intention of pushing any business-type sales on here, and I definitely do not PM people trying to hock things to them. In fact, I usually only get stuff like wheels for friends and friends of friends and probably won't even entertain requests for wheels unless it was someone who wanted an "extreme" fitment, as my primary concern is to try and promote a style that is a little beyond the status quo. Anyway, I digress. I hope this has sort of adequately explained my position here...
Old 11-12-04, 08:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by OneTonVIP
Wow, I like how I just discovered how to check my PMs... replies sent.
In re: to the post two above, other than the personal (yup, all mine) sets of wheels that I had posted for sale in the classifieds before, I have no intention of pushing any business-type sales on here, and I definitely do not PM people trying to hock things to them. In fact, I usually only get stuff like wheels for friends and friends of friends and probably won't even entertain requests for wheels unless it was someone who wanted an "extreme" fitment, as my primary concern is to try and promote a style that is a little beyond the status quo. Anyway, I digress. I hope this has sort of adequately explained my position here...
hey man, thanks for the clarification. one thing for sure is that you have been providing a lot of extremely useful information here, and i am sure a lot of members feel the same way. we definitely don't want you to leave only coz' you "can" get wheels, but we just have to enforce certain rules here. as long as we have a mutual understanding of each other that's completely fine

please keep up with your posts, i enjoy reading those information a lot!
Old 11-14-04, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah i noticed that a lot of the vip cars have those deep dish wheels. on big cars i think they look very nice, specially when there is a big lip in the back too
Old 11-15-04, 06:22 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by antbo
ok, it sounds like it will work if i stretch the tires and mod my fenders. if i want that slammed look with the specs i have gave. but, i have another question. you think its safe to say that, that is how its gonna work. i mean is it guarantee its gonna work? cuz like everyone else i dont wanna get stuck with somethin thats not gonna work. keep in mind im gonna lower my car the VIP way. tuckin tires at least till the top oof the rim. so please do the math on this one. thanks fellas!
It will work. Both junctiongs and me have run more aggressive offset than you and we are both VERY slammed (him a lot more than me, for now) and we seem to be doing fine. I say go for it.
Old 11-15-04, 09:50 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
It will work. Both junctiongs and me have run more aggressive offset than you and we are both VERY slammed (him a lot more than me, for now) and we seem to be doing fine. I say go for it.
Yes it will work and I think everyone who replied agrees with this.

The only disclaimer would be that you (Jon) don't drive your car as much and JunctionGS (and soon you Jon) has the ability to adjust the height of the car depending on situations. I know that JunctionGS drives his car all over and he drives it relatively low (but not slammed).

antbo, I am not sure how low you are planing with that "VIP drop" and how much driving you are planning but enjoy the VIP look just be prepared for all the issues of rubbing (various parts of the body) that comes with that VIP setup.
Old 11-15-04, 10:03 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
yeah i noticed that a lot of the vip cars have those deep dish wheels. on big cars i think they look very nice, specially when there is a big lip in the back too

Yes, big lip + japan made + big center piece = VIP wheels
Old 11-15-04, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo

The only disclaimer would be that you (Jon) don't drive your car as much and JunctionGS (and soon you Jon) has the ability to adjust the height of the car depending on situations. I know that JunctionGS drives his car all over and he drives it relatively low (but not slammed).

antbo, I am not sure how low you are planing with that "VIP drop" and how much driving you are planning but enjoy the VIP look just be prepared for all the issues of rubbing (various parts of the body) that comes with that VIP setup.
plus, you gotta see the kinda of camber junction has on his car. we were there the other day and saw that right?
Old 11-16-04, 07:47 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, only a minor detail I tend to forget most of the time....
Old 12-08-04, 11:55 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OneTonVIP
[B]I think it's safe to say you should have no real problems getting those wheels to fit your car, especially if you switch to narrower tires, and roll your fenders. You will find that processing the fenders will gain you a load of clearance, as cars like the Lexus tend to have really wide fender lips. I was told that someone is running a 10.5", +24mm on their GS with no problems, and I just remembered that I recently got these Work Euroline DHs in 19x9", +25mm, and 19x10", +20mm for a GS person... we'll see how well they flush out the fenders...
any updates on these wheels you sold to this person? pics or wheels specs...etc
Old 12-11-04, 10:04 PM
OneTonVIP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by antbo
[B]
I think it's safe to say you should have no real problems getting those wheels to fit your car, especially if you switch to narrower tires, and roll your fenders. You will find that processing the fenders will gain you a load of clearance, as cars like the Lexus tend to have really wide fender lips. I was told that someone is running a 10.5", +24mm on their GS with no problems, and I just remembered that I recently got these Work Euroline DHs in 19x9", +25mm, and 19x10", +20mm for a GS person... we'll see how well they flush out the fenders...
any updates on these wheels you sold to this person? pics or wheels specs...etc
antbo: i'm awaiting for pics of the wheels on the car... but would also have to check to see if he'd be ok with my posting pics of the car just yet also. I'm sure they'd look awesome though...
Old 12-11-04, 11:19 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

antbo: i'm awaiting for pics of the wheels on the car... but would also have to check to see if he'd be ok with my posting pics of the car just yet also. I'm sure they'd look awesome though...
i dont mind seeing the whole car. im more interested in seeing the wheels and how they fit. cuz i want the 3" lip front and 4" lip rear also.