Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New wheels for 2001 Black LS430...need advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04 | 11:14 AM
blkbeauty
Driver School Candidate

Default New wheels for 2001 Black LS430...need advice

I am looking to spend approximately $3-3500 on the total wheel and tire package. I was originally looking at the Zenetti Mystic wheel, but after reading all the reviews in the Club, I have since become a bit skeptical about that one. I love the look of that wheel but I don't like sub-par quality. I need some very specific help (i.e. manuf. names) on wheels. I want to go 19'' - nothing higher or lower - and forged (not cast). I like the WEDS Kranze wheel but cannot find anyone who carries it and can't access any links on the internet. I like the Asanti AF127 or AF 132, Maya DTM and Maido EX2. I really like the Lowenhart LD5 and 6, but don't want to spend Lowenhart money. Please advise. (I am open to any quality wheel company - just specified what I like to give you a feel for the style of rim) Thanks in advance for all help!!!!

Also, speaking of wheels, I live in the Midwest (where there is currently A LOT of snow). I know it's a no-no to get or keep after market wheels on during the winter, but is there ANY way of doing this?? I have read about sealants to put on the wheel for protection. I would just like to keep the wheels on and not have to hassle with removing them when the seasons change. Just looking for any way to do this. Thanks again!
Old 12-27-04 | 11:37 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

19s' in forged........let me give u some wheels to choose: Work Equip, Work Rezax II, Fabulous Profound, iForged, HRE, Amistad Dish (my favorate,) Some of VOLK RACING wheels.
Old 12-27-04 | 11:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

for the price range it's a bit tough, i say works or iforged?
Old 12-27-04 | 03:31 PM
blkbeauty
Driver School Candidate

I looked at iForged's selection and didn't find much that I liked. Couldn't find much under Work or Amistad either (except for hobby cars). Would these suggestions mean the brands I mentioned previously are sub-par as well in terms of quality (Maya, Maido, Asanti)? Just wondering - as I am having difficulty finding wheels I like without breaking the bank.

Thanks for your rapid responses!!!
Old 12-27-04 | 07:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Maya / Maido are great wheels, I do not know about Asanti. If you are serious about Maya Maido, I advise you to act fast both companies are reducing the wheels they manufacture with Lexus bolt pattern
Old 12-28-04 | 09:34 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blkbeauty
I looked at iForged's selection and didn't find much that I liked. Couldn't find much under Work or Amistad either (except for hobby cars). Would these suggestions mean the brands I mentioned previously are sub-par as well in terms of quality (Maya, Maido, Asanti)? Just wondering - as I am having difficulty finding wheels I like without breaking the bank.

Thanks for your rapid responses!!!

Thanks for your interest in Amistad Wheels, sorry for the inconvenience, our 2 websites are both under construction so you cannot find anything under "Amistad" - for high resolution pictures and pictures on cars, please e-mail me or visit the thread we posted:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141868

1 thing want to clarify, even though maya, lowenhart, weds are not forged wheels, they still have GREAT quality! But maya and lowenhart just raised the price about 10% due to the weakness of US dollar vs Japanese yen Our Amistad Line may raise the price soon - I vote against it
Old 12-28-04 | 10:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

man, getting stuff from japan is getting more and more expensive now
Old 12-28-04 | 03:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
man, getting stuff from japan is getting more and more expensive now
Not to mention reduced offerings!! I was very surprised to learn models such as the GR5, RT5, etc are no longer avail in Lexus PCD.
Old 12-28-04 | 11:45 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Do you want to go staggered? ie: 8.5" wide in the front 10" wide for the rear. I think those are the sizes for an LS

Heres a nice multispoke wheel made by Rays and readily available. I'd get em in black since they dont offer chrome. Chrome + black = best

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=Car%2FMinivan

Last edited by mr who; 12-28-04 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-31-04 | 05:44 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mr who
Do you want to go staggered? ie: 8.5" wide in the front 10" wide for the rear. I think those are the sizes for an LS

I believe for Rear, LS430 x9.5 will fit better. x10 with a little bit aggressive offset could rub really badly

Well, in Japan, LS430 can go up to x10.5
Old 01-01-05 | 04:36 PM
blkbeauty
Driver School Candidate

Great information above. I also appreciate the info re: the reduction in offerings from Maya and Maido. My hands are slightly tied in how quickly I can move on this because of the time of year. I really don't want to spend the money on the wheels and not have them on the car (impatient that way). With that, is there any way to put wheels on during the winter and protect it so they are not damaged??

Also, with the reduction in offerings, will this be risky at all if I need a wheel repaired or replaced for whatever reason?? Thanks!!!!
Old 01-01-05 | 05:00 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

I would wait for a little bit till I have more money freed up so I can have better choice. It's gonna be hard finding the right wheels at 19in and Forged, and excluding I-Forged, for $3500 WITH TIRES. You seem to be quite a picky guy when it comes to wheels and your budget really severely cuts down most of your choices.
Old 01-02-05 | 09:28 AM
blkbeauty
Driver School Candidate

It's definitely not about having the money - I just think it's a bit of a waste to spend more than $3500 on wheels for a car. I could buy whatever is out there. The feedback on the Maya and Maido wheels was exactly what I was looking for. Good quality at the right price.....and luckily, they are still offering the wheels that I like for the Lexus.

Now...I just need advice on the winter time question. Thanks.