Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New iFORGED Styles For 2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05 | 11:44 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Those look sweet! Are those high polished lips or chrome?
Old 02-11-05 | 12:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by daygo718
Those look sweet! Are those high polished lips or chrome?
Chrome. I would probably recommend Hi polished with Clearcoat, easier to make, easier to fix! (curbrash)
Old 02-11-05 | 12:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

ah this is awesome chris, so the wheels are here. perfect! somehow i thought 4" lip in the back would look more than that in the pic, i guess it has to do with the spoke design. but this is really cool!!!

congrats again chris
Old 02-11-05 | 12:56 PM
bgreen04
Driver School Candidate

D2-Autosport,

Sent you a PM.
Old 02-11-05 | 12:58 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bgreen04
D2-Autosport,

Sent you a PM.
Got it, will email you in a few
Old 02-11-05 | 12:59 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Chrome. I would probably recommend Hi polished with Clearcoat, easier to make, easier to fix! (curbrash)
I second that. MIne are exactly like that - hi-polished with clear coat and tons of zaino!
Old 02-11-05 | 02:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Hameed
I second that. MIne are exactly like that - hi-polished with clear coat and tons of zaino!
i am still wondering about the new "chrome" technology on the new lips. are they chrome, or is that anodized.

difference? if it's chrome, then if i use a hammer and hit on the lip, the chrome will chp off. but if it's anodized, then it will just be dented. anodize is a way to process the aluminum so it stays its shine, but chrome is a completely different story.

if it's anodized, i am all for it, but if it's chrome... insight derrick?
Old 02-11-05 | 02:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rominl
i am still wondering about the new "chrome" technology on the new lips. are they chrome, or is that anodized.

difference? if it's chrome, then if i use a hammer and hit on the lip, the chrome will chp off. but if it's anodized, then it will just be dented. anodize is a way to process the aluminum so it stays its shine, but chrome is a completely different story.

if it's anodized, i am all for it, but if it's chrome... insight derrick?
Just chrome, good old bling bling baby chrome! LOL

The "process" thats different is iFORGED changed finishers and the new finisher is MUCH better, much cleaner and free of defects.
Old 02-11-05 | 05:06 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

When high polished is clearcoated, is it easier to maitain like chrome? I used to have high polished lips on my wheels and I hated having to apply cleaner and buff it out. I just want to wash it with soap and water and dry off. Will the clearcoat/high polish allow me to do that?
Old 02-11-05 | 06:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

When high polished is clearcoated, is it easier to maitain like chrome? I used to have high polished lips on my wheels and I hated having to apply cleaner and buff it out. I just want to wash it with soap and water and dry off. Will the clearcoat/high polish allow me to do that?
Yup, soap water and go. From time to time a little polish/wax thats it
Old 02-11-05 | 08:21 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Yup, soap water and go. From time to time a little polish/wax thats it
Thanks Derrick!

Would the main difference between the Equip and Daytona be the 2 pc. vs. 3pc. and the rivets that are on the Daytona. It's hard to tell the difference between the two wheels. I like the clean non-rivet look of the Equip. Does this come in a 22" size? I saw the post about the Daytona coming in 20" max.
Old 02-11-05 | 09:16 PM
iforged
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Derrick!

Would the main difference between the Equip and Daytona be the 2 pc. vs. 3pc. and the rivets that are on the Daytona. It's hard to tell the difference between the two wheels. I like the clean non-rivet look of the Equip. Does this come in a 22" size? I saw the post about the Daytona coming in 20" max.
Let me answer this for Derek. The difference between the equip and the daytona are the profile of the spokes, as well as one having rivets, and one not. Also the 3pc. version the Daytona allows for xtreme fit technology which means getting an inch bigger lip than the equip forging. Yes the Equip comes in 22" and 24" as well.
Old 02-11-05 | 11:31 PM
SpoonSport
Rookie

Derrick,

I have a lil over two months left and its about time to get a set for the GS (Daytona) but I don't know what to get for a LS430. I don't want to go blingy, I just want a clean pronounced lip for it.

Spoon
Old 02-12-05 | 03:18 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SpoonSport
Derrick,

I have a lil over two months left and its about time to get a set for the GS (Daytona) but I don't know what to get for a LS430. I don't want to go blingy, I just want a clean pronounced lip for it.

Spoon
damn man....you got a ls430, GS, and G35? baller huh? peace man

cody
Old 02-12-05 | 08:23 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Thanks Derrick!

EDIT: just noticed that this question was already answered!

There are a couple differences:

Daytona - 3pc only, Extreme Fit Forging, 1" larger lip (than standard forging)

Equip - 2pc only, Standard Forging,

Wheels are avail in 17-24. (let me know when you are ready and I can work numbers on 22" sizes for you.) If these are for a 745 then with either forging you will have huge lips.

EMAIL ME ANYTIME to go over any details, and to have a order form sent.

Quick Reply: New iFORGED Styles For 2005