Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

iForged Wheels Finally Installed/Thanks D2Autosport

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 10:47 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice rims and D is the man! I also noticed the correct offset on your car in which people seem to not pay too much attention to. Your wheels look flush and if you lowered it more, it would look hott!
Old 01-09-05, 01:57 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Very nice rims and D is the man! I also noticed the correct offset on your car in which people seem to not pay too much attention to. Your wheels look flush and if you lowered it more, it would look hott!
Mike is very detail oriented, and that was one of the many things we consulted on : wheel width, tire size, fender well spacing, fitment. He did not want to use a xxx tire on a xxx size wheel so that ruled him out of certain sizing options. Then he wanted a specific type of tire.

Mike, if you want to upsize or try a different finish, let me know we can work out a few things.
Old 01-09-05, 02:07 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your new wheels
Old 01-09-05, 02:11 PM
APU6speed
Driver

I did have specific preferences for my wheels and Derrick was very patience and informative working with me. Derrick, I just might consider taking you up on your offer to go with another finish (especially since the Mrs. also agrees that the brushed looks better).
Old 01-10-05, 01:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

not bad, though you need to lower your car a lot more than what you have now

oh and regarding the finish -- is it just me or the silver paint look kinda funny? more like grey? it's pretty different from the silver paint i have seen?
Old 01-10-05, 02:50 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice choice of wheels

d2: just wondering...for iforged wheels....if a customer orders a set with silver center.....can he send it back to refinish the centers in brushed aluminum?
Old 01-10-05, 02:57 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
not bad, though you need to lower your car a lot more than what you have now

oh and regarding the finish -- is it just me or the silver paint look kinda funny? more like grey? it's pretty different from the silver paint i have seen?
yeah you do have a little too much wheel gap....trust me....lower it a little more (1 finger gap) and the wheel will look bigger plus the car overall will look soo much better
Old 01-10-05, 05:17 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
d2: just wondering...for iforged wheels....if a customer orders a set with silver center.....can he send it back to refinish the centers in brushed aluminum?
I'm sure its possible, but probably not the most cost effective. Mike and I are considering the options!
Old 01-10-05, 10:41 AM
APU6speed
Driver

Rominl, the finish doesn't look quite silver to me either (it really never did but I didn't have another silver finish to compare it to in person). Not sure if it's the lighting or the angle of the photo. In person and in the light, it does look more gray than silver. But in low light conditions, it looks more silver than gray. I don't know what to make of this. I just found J_Rok's post about his iForged 20s in the Silver finish. Here is a picture of his wheel. Do you guys think his silver finish looks different than mine? Derrick, what do you think? If the silver is different, can we have iForged correct it on mine?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails iForged Wheels Finally Installed/Thanks D2Autosport-6325iforged_025-med.jpg  
Old 01-10-05, 01:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I'm sure its possible, but probably not the most cost effective. Mike and I are considering the options!
yeah, it's definitely doable. but you will pay quite some money to get the wheels disassembled, cleaned, brushed, clear coated, and then put back
Old 01-10-05, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Mike-GS400
Rominl, the finish doesn't look quite silver to me either (it really never did but I didn't have another silver finish to compare it to in person). Not sure if it's the lighting or the angle of the photo. In person and in the light, it does look more gray than silver. But in low light conditions, it looks more silver than gray. I don't know what to make of this. I just found J_Rok's post about his iForged 20s in the Silver finish. Here is a picture of his wheel. Do you guys think his silver finish looks different than mine? Derrick, what do you think? If the silver is different, can we have iForged correct it on mine?

Mike
ummm it could be me, but i think they both look pretty grey to me than silver. but that's just by comparison of course. yuo can see pics of my hre or my old volks (both silver) in the gallery. no matter what angles or lighting, it shows pretty silver. that's why i got the first impression of grey color instead of silver when i saw your wheels.

of course it could be the case that that's how the wheels come from iforged, that's how their silver is
Old 01-10-05, 02:13 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Mike, looking more closely at the pics, I think it may be lighting playing a big part. Notice how Justin took his pick with the wheel laying flat and the flash on? I think that makes the metallic specks show up more, not to mention the larger surface area.

This wheel is the first I have ever seen in silver as well so comparisons are tough.

I did contact iFORGED and had forwarded the pics, there was no finish change or defect.
Old 01-11-05, 04:06 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

when i saw your post, i questioned the color as well. So i decided to go get the already painted (alpine silver) rmm spoiler from my basement, and compare the color. I was suprised to see it was almost a paint color match. it might be that you have millenium silver, or maybe becuase i looked at mine inside (not sun light). Maybe mine is different as well. but from what i saw it seems to match my alpine silver fairly well.

*but i agree it didn't look like "SILVER" when i first recieved it*

J
Old 01-12-05, 04:09 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

I took some pictures last night, comparing the piece from my rmm spoiler (Alpine Silver) and the rims. my rims seem to match fairly well. enough so that my brother thought it was paint matched. . when it warms up and no snow. im gonna bring one of the rims out side. and compare it to the car, in natural light.
here are the pics

J

i still think it might be that you have millenium silver, and it is a little bit more (biege/silver)
Old 01-12-05, 05:14 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by J_RoK
I took some pictures last night, comparing the piece from my rmm spoiler (Alpine Silver) and the rims. my rims seem to match fairly well.
I still think it might be that you have millenium silver, and it is a little bit more (biege/silver)
thanks for the pics Justin, and you are correct, Mike does have Millenium silver (started on y2k GS models).

Quick Reply: iForged Wheels Finally Installed/Thanks D2Autosport