Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Pics of iFORGED DAYTONA, GS fitment (New Forging with 4" Rear Lip)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-05, 11:33 PM
Cerberus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Henry,
The chrome seems to be a traumatic subject for you
Lets keep in mind that this is not tripple-dipped bling-bling chrome. I believe that it is actually a plating process. Vince at iForged started doing it on his own wheels strictly to make cleaning easier. This is why I chose to do it, and why Manaray chose to do it.

I have seen Manaray's car with the new wheels....one word....SICK!!!
I can say that this is the best it has ever looked. I have seen his car with countless other wheels on it and these take the cake.
Old 01-28-05, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Cerberus
Henry,
The chrome seems to be a traumatic subject for you
Lets keep in mind that this is not tripple-dipped bling-bling chrome. I believe that it is actually a plating process. Vince at iForged started doing it on his own wheels strictly to make cleaning easier. This is why I chose to do it, and why Manaray chose to do it.

I have seen Manaray's car with the new wheels....one word....SICK!!!
I can say that this is the best it has ever looked. I have seen his car with countless other wheels on it and these take the cake.
well in that case seems like the only way is to meet up with manaray some time to see his car that bastard is finally back in town

okok, so this is more like anodized lip, not the traditional dip chrome we taking about then? if that's the case, then the technology has been used in a lot of jdm wheels?
Old 01-28-05, 09:54 AM
Cerberus
Driver

It does kinda look like the SBC chrome I had on my Weds, but without the black tint. It just looks like a thinner chrome. It is definitely a mirror finish though. On thing that may give the illusion of a more subtle chrome is the fact that his centers are matte black. I will have a better idea when I get my wheels with the brushed centers.
Old 01-28-05, 09:55 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
okok, so this is more like anodized lip, not the traditional dip chrome we taking about then? if that's the case, then the technology has been used in a lot of jdm wheels?
No, what Cerebus is moreso referring to is the quality of the chrome. The chrome paint on JDM wheels (like my old Dronells) is not durable enough for American customers. For instance, with those wheels, I could not just wipe and go, the chrome paint is too easily scratched. When I sold the wheels, I printed up an entire care guide for the new owner (soap/water/microfiber/Quickwax).

People always say "triple-dipped", that is actually a misleading statement. Chrome plating is a 3 step process (prep, adhesion promoter, nickel). So its not as if, they take a wheel and dip it in the nickel (chrome) 3 times, once its on there, its on there! LOL.

I have no problem with chrome, I just prefer it one part of the wheel, not 2. It just looks so much cleaner with chrome face/polished lip vs chrome/chrome (makes it hard to see the detail of the wheel). I have a GB customer, that did brushed alum / chrome lip, I cant wait to see those!
Old 01-31-05, 12:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
No, what Cerebus is moreso referring to is the quality of the chrome. The chrome paint on JDM wheels (like my old Dronells) is not durable enough for American customers. For instance, with those wheels, I could not just wipe and go, the chrome paint is too easily scratched. When I sold the wheels, I printed up an entire care guide for the new owner (soap/water/microfiber/Quickwax).

People always say "triple-dipped", that is actually a misleading statement. Chrome plating is a 3 step process (prep, adhesion promoter, nickel). So its not as if, they take a wheel and dip it in the nickel (chrome) 3 times, once its on there, its on there! LOL.

I have no problem with chrome, I just prefer it one part of the wheel, not 2. It just looks so much cleaner with chrome face/polished lip vs chrome/chrome (makes it hard to see the detail of the wheel). I have a GB customer, that did brushed alum / chrome lip, I cant wait to see those!
umm, interesting. i have seen jdm wheels with anodized lips, they look very durable? of course i didn't try to go there and start scratching it and see if i can get myself killed but it's definitelyb etter than the clear coat i had on my old volks, those are plain pathetic

well, i guess the bottom line is chroming makes the metal not as strong, so that's still true. not that i am saying that the wheels are not strong anymore though, that's two different statement. but knowing how lazy manaray is with his car? -- i can see why
Old 01-31-05, 02:45 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Here are a few pics that Manaray sent me. I think the wheels look AWESOME!!

Old 01-31-05, 06:11 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Real hot makes it lok so stealth with the black on black.
Old 01-31-05, 10:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Looks like HRE 841s but for those who wants bolts.
Old 01-31-05, 10:37 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Those wheels look hot as hell on Manarays car
Old 01-31-05, 04:52 PM
iforged
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Here are a few pics that Manaray sent me. I think the wheels look AWESOME!!

Looks so PIMP
Old 01-31-05, 05:00 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I've never liked black-faced wheels on cars but this is the best-looking pics I've seen so far.
I'd love to have a set of those wheels in silver
Old 01-31-05, 05:55 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by iforged
Looks so PIMP
Yeah, Yeah we all knew YOU would say that! LOL
Old 01-31-05, 08:20 PM
LexFather

MANARAY IS A LEXUS MODIFYING IMMORTAL!!!

Glad to see the O.G still holding it down!!!
Old 01-31-05, 08:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

very nice, i love the look. also not a big fan of black wheels but on his car, what's not nice right?

i think with some tire dressing it will look even better and i agree with neo, finally 841 with bolts
Old 02-01-05, 02:50 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am definitely a fan of black wheels on a BLACK car....I would never do black wheels on any color car. damn....I wish I had a 4 inch rear lip very classy

Quick Reply: Pics of iFORGED DAYTONA, GS fitment (New Forging with 4" Rear Lip)